PDA

View Full Version : New Stem Cell Treatment For Arthritic Dogs

lizbud
04-13-2013, 12:11 PM
Exciting improvements being made every day. I wish that I had this option for my RB Buddy.:(
It sounds life changing for the dogs that had the treatment.

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/arthritic-dogs-healed-stem-cell-therapy/story?id=18905289

Karen
04-13-2013, 02:43 PM
How interesting! And the fact that the stem cells are harvested from the dog's own fat cells, instead of bone marrow, sounds much easier for the dog to handle!

pomtzu
04-13-2013, 02:43 PM
Sure - if you can afford it! :(

lizbud
04-13-2013, 05:15 PM
Sure - if you can afford it! :(

But Ellie, the price quoted is no more than the cost of surgery now available to correct torn muscle & tendons
that support poor joints.

pomtzu
04-13-2013, 06:12 PM
But Ellie, the price quoted is no more than the cost of surgery now available to correct torn muscle & tendons
that support poor joints.

Well - I suppose if the dog is young enough, and the wallet is full enough...........:D

Asiel
04-13-2013, 07:30 PM
I think I would need to see more studies made on this before trying it for my dogs. It does seem to work like a charm but so many things do until the side effects show up. Seeing some disastroius effects on humans makes me leery now...and I know these cells are taken from the animal's own fat cells but it still leaves me shaky for now. I really do hope they've finally found something that will prove to be miraculous, maybe they could try it for humans.