PDA

View Full Version : Still more Santa Clara co. Calif Cat Shows!!!

AmberLee
12-04-2002, 06:34 PM
Oopsie -- I thought I posted this ages ago, but looks like not...

Here is the next quarter's upcoming cat shows from Cat Fancy Assoc. (CFA) and TICA within about an hour and a half's driving from Santa Clara county. I can't make 'em all, but just in case you are interested...

Date.....Org......City..........Location
4&5 Jan. CFA San Jose Fairgrounds

4&5 Jan. TICA Santa Clara Marriott Hotel

22 Feb. TICA Monterey *location tbd*

1&2 Mar. CFA Vallejo Solano Co. Fairground

15&16 Mar. CFA Tulare Int'l Agri-Center

29&30 Mar. CFA San Mateo San Mateo Expo Center

5&6 Apr. CFA Pleasanton *location tbd*

Does anyone know when Kelly will be moving up here? She wanted to join us in June; TICA has a show 7&8 June here in San Jose, is that too early for her?

AmberLee
12-04-2002, 06:39 PM
KAK/Wolflady/any other interested PTer,

Can we join forces for the 4 and 5 Jan cat shows? They are what, 30 minutes apart by car? This sounds like a blast to me. I wish it wasn't quite so close on the heels of the holidays, but how often do we get shows so close on the same weekend?

What's the best plan of attack? Can we all make both shows on both days? Should we try both shows on one day instead? Ideas, comments?

NoahsMommy
12-04-2002, 08:47 PM
oooooh! More cat shows!!! Pauline, we'll be moving up there in June....those dates sound really good to me! I'll let you know. :)

Those January shows sound wonderful! We are coming up in February/March...any interest in any of the shows then?

AmberLee
12-04-2002, 08:50 PM
I seem to be addicted to them, sure. Let me know when you'll be up.

Would you like me to search on them in the Sacramento area as well?

NoahsMommy
12-04-2002, 09:03 PM
Sure! Thanks :)

AmberLee
12-04-2002, 09:21 PM
Well, spifft!

The only cat show I've found in the Sacramento area in the next six months will be 14 Dec. in Roseville, put on by CFA. It will be at the Placer county Fairgrounds. Two others have been cancelled, no reason listed.

In Southern Cal, I did find two will be held the weekend of 1 and 2 March by CFA: One in Costa Mesa at the Orange county fairground and one in Santa Barbara, no location given. These are too far north for you, though, aren't they?

Oh well, at least there are always a few coming here in the bay area if you don't mind travelling. (Cavillier (sp?) of me with your work and school schedule, isn't it?)

NoahsMommy
12-04-2002, 09:25 PM
Actually, Costa Mesa is about an hour or two south of us, Santa Barbara is about forty minutes north. I may check that one out, thank you!! :)

wolflady
12-05-2002, 04:18 PM
Cat shows!! YAY! Sounds like fun. Kelly, do let us know when you're going to be in town, so we can all meet up!

Actually, any of these should be fine for me. I get back to California on Jan. 1st...soooooo....that means I can attend a cat show or two or three or....;)

Maybe we can all plan on meeting somewhere beforehand and driving up together. We could have lunch (or a coffee if it's early!)and head on out to see some cute kitties!!! :D

krazyaboutkatz
12-06-2002, 01:02 AM
AmberLee and Wolflady, I'd love to go to both cat shows on the weekend of Jan. 4th and 5th. We could go to both shows in one day or go to one show on the 4th and one on the 5th. Either will work for me. :D

AmberLee
12-06-2002, 04:04 PM
Yippee! I am SO excited about our getting together for the first weekend in January!

Carpooling sounds good. Do you want to coordinate now, or wait till closer to that weekend?

Lillycat
12-08-2002, 05:01 PM
so many shows, sooo little time;)

AmberLee
01-01-2003, 11:37 PM
Here is a poster I found for the TICA show this Sat.

TICA show (http://www.angelfire.com/tx5/mardigras/)

Judging starts at 9 a.m.

What is the current plan? I think KAK, WL, and I are carpooling (from my place?) and we hope to hit both shows on Sat. 4 Jan. :eek: :cool: :D :cool: Do we want to hit TICA first? Cat Fancy Assoc. doesn't list a start time. PM, or email me or post here to coordinate what works best for you.

Cat show! Woo-hoo!!! :cool:

krazyaboutkatz
01-01-2003, 11:51 PM
This sounds great AmberLee. Now we just have to decide what time is best to meet at your place. I can hardly wait. :)

NoahsMommy
01-02-2003, 11:43 AM
I'm so jealous!! :) I want to be living up there NOW... :D

I hope you girls have fun this weekend.

We found a cat show down here that is about 20 minutes away on Jan 11 & 12...yay!! A cat show! :D

AmberLee
01-02-2003, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by NoahsMommy
...yay!! A cat show!

Have a blast!

krazyaboutkatz
01-03-2003, 08:35 PM
I guess that it's just going to be me and AmberLee since Wolflady has a very bad cold. Please get well soon Karen. AmberLee and I will still have a lot of fun. :)

AmberLee
01-04-2003, 01:19 AM
Originally posted by krazyaboutkatz
... Please get well soon Karen. ... AmberLee and I will still have a lot of fun.

Yeah Karen, you'll be missed. But we will have a GREAT time anyway. Get well fast!