PDA

View Full Version : Gretchen Got Spayed Today

Craftlady
12-20-2012, 08:30 PM
Poor thing is out of it tonight. Gave her little food about 1/2 hr ago and up it came :(
Hoping tomorrow is better for her.

She is enjoying wearing one of Sadie's Christmas sweaters. She is shivering which is normal with some dogs that have had anesthesia so I put it on her. Gretchen looks cute in the sweater.

cassiesmom
12-20-2012, 11:00 PM
Oh, Miss Gretchen! I hope you feel much better tomorrow!

Karen
12-21-2012, 12:53 AM
Aww, hope you get a picture of her in her borrowed Christmas sweater!

Freedom
12-21-2012, 09:16 AM
She will be better once all the anesthesia i out of her system. Sending gentle cuddles to Gretchen from RI.

Bonny
12-21-2012, 01:41 PM
With Missy she didn't get any food till a day & a half later, just water is what they recommended at the Veterinaries office, & we were to keep her quiet & not get her excited which is hard to do when you have a 8 month old pup. ;)

Hope Gretchen will get to feeling better & gentle pat sent to her.

Craftlady
12-21-2012, 02:08 PM
Food is staying down today! She is starting to move around more this afternoon and playing with a bone :)
I will try to get a photo for her borrowed sweater.

cassiesmom
12-21-2012, 04:28 PM
Craftlady, I was just checking for an update and I am glad to read a good one! Yay, Gretchen and Craftlady! I hope that she will feel even better later today and tomorrow. Gentle pat and a little kiss *kiss* for her. And extra *kisses* for the furry kids!

Craftlady
12-21-2012, 08:53 PM
Photo of Gretchen in Sadie's xmas sweater.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v86/Craftlady/photo18_zpsba50d1ad.jpg

Karen
12-21-2012, 09:09 PM
Awww, sweet sleeping pooches!

Craftlady
12-21-2012, 09:13 PM
With Missy she didn't get any food till a day & a half later, just water is what they recommended at the Veterinaries office, & we were to keep her quiet & not get her excited which is hard to do when you have a 8 month old pup. ;)

Hope Gretchen will get to feeling better & gentle pat sent to her.

Gretchen is doing great today. Her excitement level is half which is nice considering she is 5 1/2 months old. My vet has instructions for small meals day of surgery back to normal amounts next day. Didn't work for her. Today I gave her 1/2 cup in morning 1/2 cup mid afternoon and 1/2 cup kibble around 9 p.m. she did great with meals today. Probably will go back to normal feeding times (2 times a day) and amount tomorrow (1 cup morning 1 1/2 in evening meal). I'm sure she will be happy, she thought I was starving her LOL

lizbud
12-22-2012, 05:16 PM
It's good to hear Gretchen is doing so well now. She looks awful cute in the Christmas sweater.:love:

Craftlady
12-22-2012, 07:24 PM
It's good to hear Gretchen is doing so well now. She looks awful cute in the Christmas sweater.:love:

Gretchen says "thanks for compliment on the sweater" She is starting to play tonight with Snoopy. Bless her heart she hasn't lick the incision site.