PDA

View Full Version : surgery

david p
11-28-2012, 02:52 PM
I just wanted to give everyone here a little heads up. In a little over a month, ( jan,8th), I'm going in for cataract surgery. A few years ago I had my right eye done, but now the left one is starting to go. As a diabetic, it's important to keep track of my eyes (and everything else)!

phesina
11-28-2012, 02:53 PM
Best wishes, well in advance, David! :love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

momcat
11-29-2012, 07:34 AM
I just wanted to give everyone here a little heads up. In a little over a month, ( jan,8th), I'm going in for cataract surgery. A few years ago I had my right eye done, but now the left one is starting to go. As a diabetic, it's important to keep track of my eyes (and everything else)!

Hi David,
I'm an insulin junkie too and had the cataract surgery on both eyes a few years ago. Since my diabetes showed up in a routine eye examination I do continue with my eye doctor as he recommends. It seemed to take longer to get ready than it took for the procedure - I never felt a thing! Now my vision is as close to 20-20 as it gets. I'll be praying that all goes well for you!

carole
11-30-2012, 01:52 AM
Oh bro sorry to hear that,wishing you all the best for your upcoming operation and a speedy recovery,thinking of you,hugs

pomtzu
11-30-2012, 06:13 AM
I'm not diabetic, but I had this surgery on both eyes, done just 3 weeks apart, several years. It was without a doubt, the easiest, quickest, and most pain free surgery I ever had done. But then you already know this since you've had one done already! :D

Good luck!

Asiel
11-30-2012, 02:18 PM
I'm not diabetic, but I had this surgery on both eyes, done just 3 weeks apart, several years. It was without a doubt, the easiest, quickest, and most pain free surgery I ever had done. But then you already know this since you've had one done already! :D

Good luck!

And you can believe every word Pom said--I had it done thanks to her and I am so glad now that both eyes are done...I can actually see colours and recognize people, not walking into walls either. I only need reading glasses now which is so nice, especially in winter when you come inside from the cold and your glasses fog up to make matters worse.