PDA

View Full Version : Sparky-sad news #74

pomtzu
09-14-2012, 05:17 PM
My little guy isn't doing very well, and I'm afraid that the CHF is winning. I had both The Fuzzbuttz to the vet last week for their rabies vaccines, and a good check up, and doc increased Sparky's heart med to try to help his heart function. She didn't want to increase the Lasix since he's already at a high dose. But the coughing continues and his breathing is somewhat more labored than it was. Then at 3 a.m. Thursday morning, he woke me - he was having a seizure - yelping, went stiff and lost bladder control. It was quite short and only lasted about 15 seconds - but a seizure is a seizure. He settled back down and went back to sleep - but of course that was the end of my sleep. Doc isn't in on Thursdays, so I couldn't call her, and I just kept an eye on him all day. He was pretty much back to normal, other than the coughing. Then this morning we got up at 6 a.m. as usual, and when he woke up he headed for the kitchen as usual for a big drink of water. I was carrying Myndi and heading for the back door when he had a really big coughing spell and then he stopped, and I thought he was right behind me. He wasn't - he had fainted by his water bowl - but no seizure even tho he lost bladder control again. I freaked - put Myndi down and went to him and by then he was conscious but limp. I picked him up and carried him outside, and he just stood where I put him down - dazed! I sat outside with them for a few minutes, and then brought them inside and he was starting to come back around, tho still groggy. He didn't want anything to eat, so I just let him be. I put a call in to his vet, and she told me to cut back the med she increased and to let her know on Monday how he's doing. He's back to himself and is back to eating, and has hardly coughed all day, but every time he does, I watch him like a hawk. She said it's not that common to have seizures with CHF, but not unheard of, and the fainting is pretty common after stress - and he did have a very bad coughing episode, so I can understand that.

Needless to say - I'm a wreck. I'm afraid to leave him alone right now - and I haven't left the house all day. I know that the CHF is going to take him someday - but as much as I know this - I'm just not ready! Please - say some PT prayers for my sweet little Sparky!

Karen
09-14-2012, 05:20 PM
He will be in our prayers, poor fuzzbutt!

Craftlady
09-14-2012, 06:30 PM
Will keep good thoughts and prayers for Sparky and you.

Alysser
09-14-2012, 06:34 PM
Aww, poor boy. Will keep him in my thoughts. Get better, Sparks!

Cataholic
09-14-2012, 06:55 PM
Prayers on the way! :(

Felicia's Mom
09-14-2012, 07:11 PM
Sparky will be in my thoughts and prayers!:love:

Asiel
09-14-2012, 08:02 PM
Of course I'm sending up prayers for both of you. Hang in ther Pom, the little fellow has a lot of spunk, he might come through this bad spell once more. I certainly will pray for it.
It could be a reaction to the rabies shot at his age and his condition. :love::love::love:

Pinot's Mom
09-14-2012, 08:30 PM
Prayers of course; Ellie, please let me know if you need me to do anything.

kaycountrygal
09-14-2012, 09:04 PM
Oh No, I am so sorry to hear about Sparky. It doesnt sound good, does it? I know you are worried sick about him. Poor little fella, I do hope he will be alright. It is so stressful when our furbabies are sick. Prayers are going up for all of you. Try to get some rest yourself, ok?

happylabs
09-14-2012, 09:13 PM
Prayers and good thoughts for you and Sparky.

Freedom
09-14-2012, 09:15 PM
Prayers from RI for Sparky and for his mom as well. It is not easy to watch them as they age. Hugs to you, Ellie.

I do wonder if that first one WAS a seizure. Perhaps he has a blood clot? That would make more sense I think, from what little I know of his condition. Perhaps cutting back on the meds will sort that out and then the doc can try adjusting something else to help with the cough.

cassiesmom
09-15-2012, 12:17 AM
Big big big prayers for Sparky, Myndi and mom!

robinh
09-15-2012, 06:03 AM
Prayers for Sparky from all the me and all the fuzzybutts here. Will also keep you in my prayers as you go through this tough time with your little one. Seeing them sick is so hard.

krazyaboutkatz
09-15-2012, 06:14 PM
Ellie, I'm so sorry to hear this.:( I got LES by reading your post so I can only imagine what you're going through.:( Yes, it's so hard to watch our pets age. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent Sparky's way. Please give him a huge hug for me. Take care. (((HUGS)))

chocolatepuppy
09-15-2012, 08:28 PM
Just seeing this Ellie. Am sending many prayers up for Sparky. (hugs)

lizbud
09-16-2012, 10:25 AM
I'm just now seeing this post about Sparky & I'm so sorry he's not doing well.:( It sounds very scary.:(
Saying extra prayers that the little guy does much better today.

pomtzu
09-16-2012, 11:28 AM
Thanks to everybody for the prayers and concern - both Sparky and I appreciate it more than you know. I would have posted an update yesterday, but I was having wireless signal woes. It just kept going off and on and reminded me of a flashing traffic signal. :( Son remedied the problem and it's working again - for now anyway!

I just don't know what to make of Sparky's situation. He got up with just a little cough yesterday morning, and didn't cough again all day until later in the afternoon, so he had a good day. He slept good all last night and had a similar morning this morning, much like yesterday. He has coughed a couple of times since then, but just little ones. His appetite remains the same and he is eating good, and of course when it comes to treats, he'll race to be the the first recipient, and he must have his share my Cheerios or Honeycombs in the morning too. His respiration is somewhat faster then normal, but he's not gasping for air or panting, and is breathing normally thru his nose - so no distress there. But what has me puzzled, is the drastic reduction in coughing. Don't get me wrong - I'm not complaining - just stumped. The med that was cut back to his original dose is his heart med, not the Lasix, his fluid pill, and the fluid pill dose remains the same - no change at all. But it would appear that he has less fluid buildup since he is coughing less, even tho he is getting the same dosage of Lasix that he has been on for weeks. I have to call his vet back tomorrow to let her know how he is, so maybe she will be able to shed some light on this. It's just so strange - I hope and pray that it's not the calm before the storm! :(

I will remain as cautiously optimistic as I can, yet keep in mind that CHF will never get better, and can only be stabilized for a time. Sparky and I had a nice talk last night. I reminded him that Santa will be coming soon, and I want more Santa and Fuzzbutt photos, and I know he wants more presents too. Plus his birthday is in February and that means even more presents. Fingers, paws, toes, whiskers - all crossed and hoping for the best.

Please keep Sparky in your prayers - he really needs them - and he is such a good little boy! :love: I'll update tomorrow after I talk to his vet.

Again - my sincere thanks!

kaycountrygal
09-16-2012, 12:09 PM
Ellie, I just read your newest entry. It's good that he coughed less yesterday. I guess you're afraid to be too positive for fear something will happen. I'll check back tomorrow to see what your vet says. BTW my little girls love Cheerios too. You all are in my prayers.

Queen of Poop
09-16-2012, 03:44 PM
You and your furbabies added to our prayers. :love::love::love:

Cataholic
09-16-2012, 04:49 PM
One day at a time, eh? We can wonder and worry ourselves to pieces, and never really get why something is the way it is. BUT, it is my thought that positive thoughts and energy beats the worried thoughts and negative energy.

Hugs to all three of you.

lizbud
09-16-2012, 04:59 PM
It's good to hear a positive update on Sparky, the fuzzbutt.:love: Will continue with the prayers that he continues to do well.
All paws & fingers crossed here.:)

pomtzu
09-17-2012, 12:09 PM
Sparky continues to do much better. His respiration is almost back to normal, tho it probably is actually normal now for a pooch with a bad heart, appetite still good, no more seizures or fainting, not too much coughing, and his energy level is coming back up. For the past week he had been rather lethargic - take him outside and he just would sit and look around, rather than play his normal role of Director of Homeland Security - and personally walk the grounds to insure our safety! He's back walking his beat again! :D

I just talked to his vet a short while ago, and she is rather befuddled too, since lowering the dose on his heart med but not changing his fluid pill, should have had no bearing on his reduction of coughing. But neither of us are looking that gift horse in the mouth right now, so I'm to continue on with the adjusted dosage. Unless something comes up to warrant otherwise, then she wants to see him back in about a month. She said the weather could have played a factor too, and even tho it had been cooler, there had still been a bit of humidity in the air. No definitive answers and we'll probably never have any, but as long as sweet Sparky is doing better, then that's all that matters.

BTW - for Sandie:
I did bring up the issue of possible blood clot vs seizure, and she said she doubts it. Normally seizures last longer than the 15 seconds or so that his did, but they can be quite short at times - like his was. One of my RB Lhasas had seizures, and they typically lasted a couple of minutes or more. Horrible!!! She said that if it was a blood clot, it would have happened over a span longer than 15 seconds. Whatever it was, I pray there are no more!!!

Sparky is sending along woofs, tail wags, and big doggie kisses to all of you - along with a big THANK YOU.

robinh
09-17-2012, 12:59 PM
Just checking in to see how Sparky is doing. Will continue to keep him in my prayers. Those episodes that have no rhyme or reason make me frantic too.

Hugs to you both!

Queen of Poop
09-17-2012, 01:19 PM
Woo hoo!!!! Glad to hear Sparky is doing better!! As I'm sure you are too. :love::love::love:

kaycountrygal
09-17-2012, 04:49 PM
How wonderful that Sparky is still doing good (for him). I really am so glad that he is feeling better and I know you are. Maybe you can relax some now, eh? He's a cute little feller; that's for sure and I hope he keeps doing good. ((Hugs))

cassiesmom
09-17-2012, 06:30 PM
as long as sweet Sparky is doing better, then that's all that matters.

*Kisses* for Sparky and Myndi too! I am so glad to read that Sparky has turned for the better! I'm glad he feels well enough to walk the beat :D

:love: :love:

Freedom
09-17-2012, 07:36 PM
Oh my this is good news! So happy for both of you! Hugs to you Ellie, and some cuddles for Sparky -- and Myndi as well. ;)

happylabs
09-17-2012, 08:10 PM
That is good news! :)

chocolatepuppy
09-17-2012, 10:25 PM
Keep feeling better little guy!:D

krazyaboutkatz
09-18-2012, 01:32 AM
I'm so glad to hear that he's continuing to do well.:)

pomtzu
09-19-2012, 05:05 PM
The improvement didn't last long, unfortunately. :( Last night in bed, it was two "seizures" - if that's what they really are, one this a.m. after we got up, and another halfway fainting spell shortly after that. I say halfway since he didn't go all the way down - was just staggering - and since it happened when he was under the dining room table, then it was the chair legs holding him up. And these episodes always come on after he coughs. I'm beginning to really blame the weather a lot, since with yesterday's storms it was horribly humid and I ended up turning the a.c. back on. Maybe he has a delayed reaction to heat/humidity, rather than immediate. Even tho it's cooler and less humid today, I'm still leaving it on for a while.
So now we're playing the adjust medicine doses again. I called his vet - again - this a.m. and she said to go back to the higher dose of the heart med, and to give him his fluid pill 3 times each day, rather than just 2, and see if that helps. He has coughed some, but not a whole lot and with no other effects afterward. He hasn't had anymore of his episodes since the 2nd one this a.m., so all I can do is hope that this works.

He still needs prayers and positive vibes - please............

Karen
09-19-2012, 05:40 PM
He still needs prayers and positive vibes - please............

Will do, prayers on the way. Seizures are just scary, both for the pet and the person watching them!

chocolatepuppy
09-19-2012, 07:12 PM
Oh no. You must be so worried Ellie. I will keep Sparky and you in my prayers.

Freedom
09-19-2012, 08:24 PM
Oh my how scary for him, and for you as well. Prayers from RI

krazyaboutkatz
09-20-2012, 01:15 AM
Poor Sparky.:( Lots more prayers and positive thoughts are being sent his way.

pomtzu
09-20-2012, 09:10 AM
I'm afraid the news is not good, and he is probably at the end of this journey, and ready to start on the next. His breathing is labored and he hardly has enough energy left to even cough. He has stopped eating and even refuses his favorite treats and my cereal. He's so weak that I had to carry him up and down the steps to go outside this morning - then all he did was pee and sit down - wouldn't even walk back to the porch.

His vet isn't in today, but I'm going to call the office to get an appointment to take him in tomorrow. I believe that all doc will tell me is that there is nothing more we can do and that I need to let him go. Of course I already know that, and I even told Sparky it was okay to go - that my heart will be broken - but I will be okay in time. I've prayed that he would just go to sleep and pass on peacefully, but I don't know that will happen. I so hate to have to make that final trip to the vet - not so much for me - but for Sparky. I just don't want him to be frightened even tho I will be with him.

So that's where things stand right now - thought I would let you know. Got to go - I just can't stop crying...

Queen of Poop
09-20-2012, 09:17 AM
Oh I'm so sorry. Sending you both prayers and good thoughts. If it's time for your journey Dear Sparky know that you were much loved here and will be much missed. :love::love::love:

lizbud
09-20-2012, 09:44 AM
Oh, I'm so sorry to hear this. Sorry for you & for Sparky.:( Words don't come easy at a time like this Ellie, but know
that prayers are being said for a peaceful passing if it is his time and prayers for strength & a peaceful heart for you.

cassiesmom
09-20-2012, 09:56 AM
I'm praying for either a big miracle for Sparky or peace for Sparky, Myndi and mom. :love: :love: (((HUGS))))

Catty1
09-20-2012, 10:19 AM
I am so sad for you, Pom - how heartbreaking. :love: Praying for the best - either a miracle or that Sparky passes peacefully and without fear, having your love so near him.

{{{{Hugs}}}}

Pinot's Mom
09-20-2012, 11:10 AM
I'm so sorry, Ellie. {{{hugs}}} and love,
Coop, Pinot and Maggie

krazyaboutkatz
09-20-2012, 11:50 AM
I'm so sorry to hear this.:( I know you've done everything that you could. I hope he'll go peacefully. My thoughts and prayers are with both of you. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

Karen
09-20-2012, 11:55 AM
You are a lll in our prayers during these hours, sending hugs and pets, respectively.

Edwina's Secretary
09-20-2012, 12:25 PM
My heart aches for you Ellie. Hopes for an easy crossing for Sparky...

Freedom
09-20-2012, 12:54 PM
So sorry, Eillie. Always a difficult time. Hope you get the appt with the vet you prefer; it DOES help, all of us, human and pet. Gentle cuddles to Sparky. I hope you have someone who can drive you there and back. If not, do be cautious, both ways, take the time you need.

Alysser
09-20-2012, 01:07 PM
I am so sorry to come back to such a sad update. :( I hope there is more that can be done. :love:

chocolatepuppy
09-20-2012, 08:47 PM
I'm so sorry Ellie.:( (((hugs)))

kaycountrygal
09-20-2012, 09:15 PM
I just saw your update. I am so sorry it seems that Sparky is nearing his end. I got tears reading about it. I wish I knew what to say other than "I'm sorry". I do understand how hard this is... and will be for you. My heart is sad for you all. You're in my prayers. Kay in NC

Shady
09-20-2012, 09:22 PM
Oh dear, I know right where you are in this dark and scary hours..it's horrible to know what you dont want to know. I hope there is something that can help little Sparky and you..I'll say a little prayer .. for you and your babies.. (hugs) Just love on him all you can for as long as you can. xo

Grace
09-20-2012, 10:08 PM
I'm so sorry, Ellie. Prayers for all of you.

pomtzu
09-21-2012, 04:51 PM
I hate roller coasters, but I'm on one and can't seem to get off, no matter how hard I try.

And Sparky is still here with me!! :D

After him being half dead yesterday morning and the night before, he started looking a little more alert around noon, so I thought I'd try to get him to eat something. I had to play the "meatball game" with him - make little meatballs out of his food and hand it to him - but he ate a little. Then about an hour later he ate about a quarter of one of my yogurt cups. Well - that was sure better than nothing - and he was looking somewhat better, but I still wasn't all that optimistic. Then around dinner time I tried more meatballs, and he ate what would be the normal amount he would eat, and then had some more yogurt. Before bed he ate his evening snack too.

His breathing thru out the day was erratic. First he would be breathing somewhat normal, and then he would be puffing like a steam engine and it seemed like his little heart would burst right out of his chest, then it would be so shallow, I'd have to look real carefully to make sure he was actually breathing. This went on most of the day.

I had held off calling for a vet appointment for him to see how it went thru the night, and then I would know more of what to do this morning. I was prepared for the worst of course. When we first went to bed he had a little cough, then a huffing and puffing episode, but then he settled down and I didn't hear a peep out of him the rest of the night.

This morning he ate his regular small breakfast, and then at lunch - his regular big meal of the day - he ate most all of that too. Still, I decided he needed to see his vet, so I got him appointment for late this afternoon. After I relayed to her all that has been going on, she really can't give a definitive answer as to what happened. The seizure like episodes probably aren't really seizures in the true sense of the word, but more like fainting or near fainting episodes caused by lack of oxygen to the brain and/or muscles. The yelping with them could be because they are uncomfortable like a muscle spasm. He could have something else going on besides the heart issue, but just blood tests won't show much, and he cannot withstand extensive testing. He could also possibly have a bacterial infection - he does have bad teeth - so she put him on an antibiotic just in case.

So I don't have any answers, but he is better for now anyway. He's not exactly a bundle of energy, but he's much, much better than yesterday. He only had one little coughing episode today, so that's a plus, and it seems that the increased med doses are working for now anyway. Doc said all we can do is take it a day at a time, and of course she's right.

Thank you all for your concern, and I'm sorry I pushed the panic button, but I truly didn't think he would make it thru this time. If you could have seen his condition, you would have thought the same.

Yup - one stressful day at a time..............

Please keep Sparky in your prayers, since I really believe they played a positive part in his rally.

Freedom
09-21-2012, 05:07 PM
I admit I was stunned to read "Sparky is still here with me!"

Maybe the antibiotic will help calm things down, if there is something more happening.

Gentle cuddles for both your fuzzbutts. And hugs to you.

kaycountrygal
09-21-2012, 06:35 PM
My Goodness! Sparky is still here; he must be a tough little feller and have the heart of a lion. This "up and down" must be very difficult for you and Sparky. Hope Myndi is doing ok. All of you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Asiel
09-21-2012, 06:55 PM
Omg Pom-- I am so sorry I missed your post about Sparky getting so much worse, but when I came to your last post I gave a sigh of relief that he seems to be doing better. Sorry that I'm not on as much as before, I would have cried to read that Sparky was gone. I know how tough it is when they come to this point. Sparky sounds like my daughter's dog, I can't count the times we thought the end was here and she lived over a year like that. That little dog didn't just go to sleep like my daughter was wishing-- the day came when she had to take her in and that was the hardest thing she ever did. We always wish they would go quietly in their own bed in their sleep but it never seems to happen. I hope Sparky is still doing well and that you're holding out okay. I'll keep you both in my prayers and try to check here evey day to keep on top of things.
He's one tough little guy, he'll hang in there for as long as it's possible. :love::love::love:

robinh
09-21-2012, 07:26 PM
I continue to pray for your little guy. Watching our little loved ones health fail is so hard.

Every day is such a blessing and a treasure that you will remember forever. {{Hugs}} to you all.

chocolatepuppy
09-22-2012, 05:22 AM
Continued prayers for Sparky...

pomtzu
09-22-2012, 03:14 PM
Thanks everyone.

Sparky is still holding his own and a little more energetic, tho not much. He's coughed hardly at all, which of course is good, but his appetite isn't all that great, but at least he's eating enough to where I'm not overly concerned with that at this point. He did kind of give me a scare this morning tho - I woke up at 7 a.m. and both he and Myndi were still asleep, which is quite a rarity since they usually start stirring and wanting to go out between 5 and 6. Could hardly believe that I actually had to wake them both up! ;)

So now I look for as good, or better day tomorrow. Here's hoping..................

ChrisH
09-22-2012, 03:38 PM
Only just got to read this just now, with tears, a smile, tears, a smile. Sending continuing prayers, love and positive thoughts for your little Sparky and big hugs for you.

krazyaboutkatz
09-22-2012, 05:16 PM
I'm so glad to hear that Sparky is still here.:) I hope that he'll continue to do well and also eat better. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent his way.:love:

Queen of Poop
09-23-2012, 08:17 AM
I'm so glad to read that Sparky has taken a turn for the better! Please give him a kiss on his wee head for me! Prayers continue. :love::love::love:

chocolatepuppy
09-23-2012, 12:09 PM
Still thinking of and praying for Sparky...

pomtzu
09-23-2012, 01:44 PM
Sparky continues on a positive path so far, but of course, I'm far from ready to let my guard down with him.

He's sleeping well at night and his appetite was somewhat improved today. I did go out yesterday and get him some different dog food, so maybe it tasted better than the same old/same old to him. I'm certain I won't have a problem getting him to eat tonight, since I'm roasting a chicken and making scalloped potatoes for the family dinner. He goes bonkers over fresh roasted chicken! Almost no coughing and his breathing is much more normal than it was. It's a beautiful early Fall day here today - nice and cool and clear and no humidity, so I decided to get him outside for a little exercise without overdoing and making him too tired. We slowly walked the perimeter of the whole yard, which equates to almost 1/4 mile, and he thoroughly enjoyed smelling and checking everything out. Luckily we didn't run into any snakes back along to tree lines! Now he's taking a nap - must have tired him more than I thought.

So far he's going in the right direction - now all he needs to do is stay on track. Of course PT prayers are always welcome and very helpful..Thanks all. :love:

Asiel
09-23-2012, 02:03 PM
Good for Sparky, he's back to sparkling again I see;) Prayers will keep going his way, hopefully he stays well for another long while and doesn't give you any more scares.

krazyaboutkatz
09-23-2012, 04:54 PM
Thanks for the good update.:) Lots more prayers and positive thoughts are being sent his way.

robinh
09-23-2012, 05:34 PM
Just checking in to see how Sparky's day has progressed. Still praying for him.

kaycountrygal
09-24-2012, 04:13 PM
Good to hear that he's eating and overall appears better. Prayers continue.

chocolatepuppy
09-25-2012, 05:10 AM
Wonderful update! Hang in there Sparky.:love:

pomtzu
09-27-2012, 10:40 AM
Sparky continues to do basically well, tho nothing consistent. His appetite is fairly normal, but the coughing and respiration is back and forth between good and kinda lousy. One good thing tho, is no more fainting or seizure like episodes.---------knock on wood!!! Yesterday was the most he has coughed in almost a week - but then it was rather warm and somewhat humid too. Strangely enough tho, he didn't cough all night and only a couple of little ones so far today. I have all the fans running in here too, so that helps him. It's just not uncomfortable enough to turn the a.c. back on. We've been going for our afternoon perimeter walkies too and he really does enjoy that, but yesterday was a bit too warm I thought. As long as the rain holds off, we'll go out again today.

So that's where things stand for now, and I continue to just take whatever comes, a day at a time. What else can I do??? Please continue to keep Sparky in your prayers. Thanks, friends,,,,,:love:

Karen
09-27-2012, 12:08 PM
Glad things are staying pretty steady.

lizbud
09-27-2012, 05:05 PM
Still thinking about you Sparky and hoping you continue to feel better.:love:

Asiel
09-27-2012, 07:08 PM
Was just wondering how things were going with Sparky when I spotted this post. Glad the little fuzzbutz is doing well again, let's hope things stay at this level. :love:

chocolatepuppy
09-27-2012, 07:22 PM
Good to hear the little guy is doing well!:love:

cassiesmom
09-28-2012, 07:05 PM
Yay, Sparky Fuzzbutt! I'm glad you are doing better!

pomtzu
10-09-2012, 09:36 AM
The big heart that beat in my sweet little guy, beats no more. At 3:15 a.m. today, Sparky's soul left for Rainbow Bridge. I will be forever grateful that I was able to be with him and comfort him in his final minutes here on Earth

I will post a memorial to him when I can think straight. My heart is shattered. It's raining here this morning - even the Heavens are weeping with me..............

cassiesmom
10-09-2012, 09:40 AM
Ohhhh, Pomtzu. ((((HUGS)))) I'm heartbroken to read this very sad news. I am so very sorry for your loss. ((((HUGS))))

Grace
10-09-2012, 09:55 AM
Ellie, I am so very sorry :love:

Catty1
10-09-2012, 10:04 AM
{{{{Ellie}}}}

Queen of Poop
10-09-2012, 10:59 AM
I am so sorry for your loss. Hugs for you and Myndi. :love: :love: :love:

Freedom
10-09-2012, 11:02 AM
Ellie, I am so sorry for your loss. Sending you cyber hugs.

Pinot's Mom
10-09-2012, 11:12 AM
Ellie, I am so sorry. {{{hugs}}}

RIP, sweet Sparky, much love carried you to the Bridge. :love:

Taz_Zoee
10-09-2012, 11:35 AM
Ellie, I am so sorry to hear this. I am in tears too. :(

RIP Sparky

Bonny
10-09-2012, 12:23 PM
Pomtzu, sorry to hear your dear sweet Sparky passed over the rainbow bridge.

ChrisH
10-09-2012, 01:04 PM
Ellie, I am so, so sorry. :( {{big hugs}}

happylabs
10-09-2012, 01:44 PM
Oh so, so sad to hear this news of Sparky's passing. What a joy he was. My heart is aching for you because I know how difficult this is to go through. :'(

Shady
10-09-2012, 02:15 PM
Little Sparky fought a valiant fight to stay with his Mommy, and you did all you could to help him, and save him...unfortunately sometimes this fight cannot be won..I'm sorry to hear about Sparky's passing..take solace in the fact that he is free from his pain and suffering..when they leave they leave a huge hole in your heart..in time you will be able to fill this void with all the happy and fun memories you have shared with your precious baby.

I know your pain..I feel it..time will help. (hugs)

Godspeed Sparky..play hard at the bridge.

My deepest sympathies.

Tess

Felicia's Mom
10-09-2012, 03:46 PM
I am so sorry to hear this.

lizbud
10-09-2012, 04:58 PM
Awwww, I am so sorry to hear this sad news.:( I am glad you were able to be with him when he passed.
Rest easy sweet boy. (((Hugs))) Ellie.

robinh
10-09-2012, 06:18 PM
Oh no......I am so sorry for your loss.

Asiel
10-09-2012, 06:49 PM
Oh Pom-- I am so sorry to read about Sparky. Words can't express my feelings right now, but my thoughts are with you and with Sparky. I am so glad you were able to be with him and help him on his journey to the RB. Hugs, wish I could be there in person :love::love::love:

And let's not forget little Mindy who must be wondering where her little buddy is-- Sending hugs and :love::love::love: for her too.

Husky_mom
10-09-2012, 06:58 PM
I'm so very sorry for your loss :( ..

chocolatepuppy
10-09-2012, 07:06 PM
I'm so sorry Ellie.:( It's so hard when we have to say good bye to our furbabies.:( Sparky was so loved. (((Ellie and Myndi)))

kaycountrygal
10-09-2012, 09:30 PM
I just read the sad news that little Sparky has gone to the Rainbow Bridge. He was such a cute little feller and I have tears just thinking about him. I know and understand the loss and pain you're going through. I am so very sorry for your loss. You and Myndi are in my thoughts and prayers. ((Hugs)) to you both

AdoreMyDogs
10-09-2012, 09:33 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss. :(

luvofallhorses
10-09-2012, 11:08 PM
I'm so sorry. :(

Jannie
10-10-2012, 10:42 AM
My little guy isn't doing very well, and I'm afraid that the CHF is winning. I had both The Fuzzbuttz to the vet last week for their rabies vaccines, and a good check up, and doc increased Sparky's heart med to try to help his heart function. She didn't want to increase the Lasix since he's already at a high dose. But the coughing continues and his breathing is somewhat more labored than it was. Then at 3 a.m. Thursday morning, he woke me - he was having a seizure - yelping, went stiff and lost bladder control. It was quite short and only lasted about 15 seconds - but a seizure is a seizure. He settled back down and went back to sleep - but of course that was the end of my sleep. Doc isn't in on Thursdays, so I couldn't call her, and I just kept an eye on him all day. He was pretty much back to normal, other than the coughing. Then this morning we got up at 6 a.m. as usual, and when he woke up he headed for the kitchen as usual for a big drink of water. I was carrying Myndi and heading for the back door when he had a really big coughing spell and then he stopped, and I thought he was right behind me. He wasn't - he had fainted by his water bowl - but no seizure even tho he lost bladder control again. I freaked - put Myndi down and went to him and by then he was conscious but limp. I picked him up and carried him outside, and he just stood where I put him down - dazed! I sat outside with them for a few minutes, and then brought them inside and he was starting to come back around, tho still groggy. He didn't want anything to eat, so I just let him be. I put a call in to his vet, and she told me to cut back the med she increased and to let her know on Monday how he's doing. He's back to himself and is back to eating, and has hardly coughed all day, but every time he does, I watch him like a hawk. She said it's not that common to have seizures with CHF, but not unheard of, and the fainting is pretty common after stress - and he did have a very bad coughing episode, so I can understand that.

Needless to say - I'm a wreck. I'm afraid to leave him alone right now - and I haven't left the house all day. I know that the CHF is going to take him someday - but as much as I know this - I'm just not ready! Please - say some PT prayers for my sweet little Sparky!

so sad to watch our lil babies suffer....I feel for you. We had to have our pet put down when she started having seizures she was about 17 years old and it was so heartbreaking :( will be thinking of you all.
http://tinyurl.com/petsitza1

pomtzu
10-10-2012, 02:47 PM
Thank you all for the kind comments. Even tho they bring tears, they also bring comfort.

Please go to Dog Memorial to read my tribute (of sorts) to my sweet little guy.

Karen
10-10-2012, 03:01 PM
Thank you all for the kind comments. Even tho they bring tears, they also bring comfort.

Please go to Dog Memorial to read my tribute (of sorts) to my sweet little guy.

I am closing this now. Sparky's memorial thread is here. (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?175269-Farewell-Sweet-Sparky)