PDA

View Full Version : Look who has a new bed....

carole
07-03-2012, 04:27 AM
I picked this little bargain off one of our online stores,i could not resist it, it is also heated ,so was rather excited when the courier arrived today with it,at first lexie was not that interested, but a little more so than nikkita.

Anyhow tonight hubby suggested put it up higher on top the the ottoman, so i did and yes you guessed it Miss Lexie loved it, and sat there for at least a couple of hours,it has a very low heat ,which is so low in voltage so completely safe, and you can zip off the cover and wash it so all good, not too bad for $25.00 plus delivery.

Anyhow just had to snap a pic while i could, don't often get very good pics of Lexie, being a black girl and she looks so happy and content just had to share.:)

phesina
07-03-2012, 04:47 AM
How nice.. What a find!

Enjoy, Lexie!

carole
07-03-2012, 04:56 AM
she was so funny this morning pat , i put her in it, it was on the ground then, and she wanted to leave , i kept patting her and she stayed and finally sat down to please me, and she was there for at least 10mins, but then left, i think tonight she liked it because it was up high, as cats seem to enjoy that best, well my two do anyhow.

the great thing is lexie sleeps every night on the end of the bed with her little pink pillow,i have posted her pic before with it, and because this new bed as the round edging all the way,it is like a pillow for her, so she loves that, and the heat is not very hot, i can barely notice it with my hand, but apparently kitties feel it more, so i am sure she will be happy in it, also the heat pump is not far away and she can feel the warmth up high from that too, spoilt kitty .:D

happylabs
07-03-2012, 07:28 AM
I like that bed! Look at how pretty Lexie looks in it. :)
I do like the way it is rounded like that. The heat would be great for them in the winter.

cassiesmom
07-03-2012, 08:09 AM
Hi, Lexie, pretty girl! You are such a lovely model for the new bed!

Bengalz
07-03-2012, 08:31 AM
Great deal! You may find that the new bed becomes her go to place after a while:D. I bought Eve a sherpa bed a few years ago and it is her favourite place for a quiet time nap. It is not heated, however, it is very warm and cozy and we placed it in a quiet place under a heat vent (situated in the ceiling). That's always where we find her when it's too quiet in the house;).

Randi
07-03-2012, 08:57 AM
That bed looks so comfy and it's even heated - no wonder she likes it. :) I ought to get one for Fister, I think he has a bit of arthritis, I have not seen him on the kitchen counter for months, or on my desk.

catmandu
07-03-2012, 09:34 AM
We Found Hotel Cats have been lucky getting beds from Michigan , Guatemala , Tennessee and Maine as well as the beds and cushions that our Dad recycles!!'
Thats a cool bed though and we wnat one!!!:cool:

carole
07-03-2012, 02:54 PM
yes i am quite happy with my purchase, in the pet shops you would be paying at least double that, it is not very deep and i have seen better ones, but again at a price i am not willing to pay, yes well hope she does indeed use it often, cats are funny creatures like that, and hubby hates me wasting money, not that we have it to waste, but i earned a little and decided to splash out for my kitties, besides i have been trying to tidy up the lounge, she had an old washing basket she took to sleeping in, it was big, broken and not to my liking so it is now GONE, yes!!!!my excuse for buying it,but really just wanted lexie or nikki to have a nice new bed, seems lexie is getting it, so far nikki has shown no interest, i have three cat beds and a house, and everywhere else they love to sit ,so they are not exactly lacking in that department, i often joke i have more decent cat furniture than my own, and it is not too far from the truth.:D

carole
07-03-2012, 04:34 PM
oh my gosh i went downstairs and look what i found....:D:D:D:D:D and i had not even turned the heating pad on yet, now i have , i am sure she will love it even more, and to think she showed no interest before, probably because lexie has been it, they seem to love to go where the other one has been.:love:

Karen
07-03-2012, 05:14 PM
Black pets can be hard to photograph, but Photoshop has one function that shows a lot more detail, so here is Lexie's picture fixed!

carole
07-03-2012, 06:14 PM
WOW karen thanks for that, so much better, can i ask if you would do the pic of nikki as well, certainly shows them up as they really are, thank you.:)

Karen
07-03-2012, 06:24 PM
Here you go! The eyes I did by hand, by the way.

carole
07-03-2012, 06:28 PM
Wow again Karen ,thanks so much , how clever you are, and i appreciate it, the pics look so much better .:)

phesina
07-03-2012, 07:37 PM
Oh, they both love that bed and look beautiful in it! What an excellent find, Carole!

astrid
07-04-2012, 01:10 PM
Nice bed... and heated?! :eek: wow!
No wonder why your babies look so happy and comfy there :)

chocolatepuppy
07-04-2012, 01:48 PM
Both of your kittys are pretty! It looks like the bed was a good deal!:D

krazyaboutkatz
07-04-2012, 05:30 PM
Wow! What a nice bed. They both look so comfy in it.:)

Freedom
07-04-2012, 08:28 PM
Hi Lexie! Hello Nikki! Mom's been spoiling you 2 again, I see. How wonderful! And heated, now it is winter time there, PURRFECT!!

Cat do prefer to be elevated, Carole. They feel safer UP, as if they are in a tree, so no predators can get them. I LOVED when you wrote this:
"i often joke i have more decent cat furniture than my own, and it is not too far from the truth." I often suspect the same here in my house! Ha haaa

Karen, that photoshop work you did on the 2 photos is excellent!!!

Scooter's Mom
07-04-2012, 11:08 PM
What a lovely cat bed! I believe it's even more special because of the kitties IN IT. :)