PDA

View Full Version : porcupine sighting

Doggie678
11-17-2002, 07:35 PM
I live in a wooded area with lots of land so I see porcupines often.:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

All Creatures Great And Small
11-17-2002, 08:02 PM
xx

jenluckenbach
11-18-2002, 06:09 AM
I have no personal experience with porcupines, but no animal should be abused. Now when I say abused I mean tormented, made to suffer. If there is a real need to remove a bad animal from your property (i.e. the example above - doing significant damage) then please do so humanely.

11-18-2002, 08:06 AM
Can somebody please tell me what a "porcupine" is :confused: :confused: :confused:

as about abuse : NEVER !!!
If killing is necessary , then please quickly and painless ...

jenluckenbach
11-18-2002, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by lut
Can somebody please tell me what a "porcupine" is :confused: :confused: :confused:

as about abuse : NEVER !!!
If killing is necessary , then please quickly and painless ...

I have never been able to post a link, but if this works you can see a porcupine:http://www.desertusa.com/mag99/mar/papr/porcupine.html

11-18-2002, 12:38 PM
hey , thank you Jen !!! A porcupine looks a lot like a hedgehog , doesn't it ? Maybe , it is related ??
Thanks for the link !:D

Cookiebaker
11-18-2002, 07:05 PM
Ummmm...why are you asking such a poll?? :confused: This sounds very strange indeed.

popcornbird
11-18-2002, 08:53 PM
:confused: :confused: :confused: And WHY would anyone want to abuse a porcupine, or any animal at all??? What was the point in this poll? :confused: Please explain.

11-18-2002, 09:09 PM
xx

Desert Arabian
11-18-2002, 10:33 PM
Yeah, but ma, out of 2,563,256,286 billion trees it had to do MASSIVE damage to our cottage. That's all I'm gunna say. :D ;) :p :rolleyes:

CathyBogart
11-19-2002, 07:56 PM
I doubt I could ever marry someone whose solution to such a problem was to shoot the animal. My boyfriend may not love animals like I do but even he respects the right of any creature to live out its life. I wouldn't have it any other way.

Even when we had a mouse in the house (Brian loathes my mice, and thinks even less of the wild variety) he helped me to catch it and then took it to a nearby creek to let it go.

11-19-2002, 11:31 PM
xx

CathyBogart
11-20-2002, 05:01 PM
Eh, I'm carnivorous too. :) I dont know what I'd do without Outback's rack of lamb.

kingrattus
11-25-2002, 10:48 AM
Lamb... YUCKY!!!!
I'm a big meat eater, but I can't lower myself to eating baby animals. It makes me sick, the smell is sooo horrible

Desert Arabian
11-26-2002, 04:26 PM
I know this has nothing to do with the werid porcupine topic, but it is along the line of meat, lamb etc.

Lamb to me sounds really gross.The grossest thing I have seen a person eat is live squid. Yes, it was alive, and the guy had tenticles wiggling out of his mouth and grabbing his face. This was in Japan by the way. Ok, lol, that is a weird post, but I wanted to share it.

popcornbird
11-26-2002, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by YellowLabLover
I know this has nothing to do with the werid porcupine topic, but it is along the line of meat, lamb etc.

Lamb to me sounds really gross.The grossest thing I have seen a person eat is live squid. Yes, it was alive, and the guy had tenticles wiggling out of his mouth and grabbing his face. This was in Japan by the way. Ok, lol, that is a weird post, but I wanted to share it.

Ok, I have a stomach flu right now and your post nearly made me throw up! :o LOL!

As for lamb..........lamb is a baby sheep right? We don't eat "baby" sheep, but we eat sheep, although I have a habit of calling it lamb. :rolleyes: So if I ever say I ate lamb or something like that, I really ate sheep and have a habit of calling it lamb.........because......well, in Pakistan, they tend to call sheep lambs when talking in English, so that's the term used in our household. :rolleyes:

kingrattus
11-26-2002, 09:45 PM
AHHH ok... eating an adult sheep is ok, but not a baby