PDA

View Full Version : Gabe's latest craze

sasvermont
11-17-2002, 03:36 PM
Gabe loves to investigate piles and packages. One of his newest spots is on top of my microwave where everything gets tossed. It is near the door to the outside, near the closet, too near everything, so that I use the space as a drop off. Gabe loves to dig through it and pull out what interests him. Sometimes it is velcro items, sometimes earrings, sometimes scotch tape! I caught him this time, on camera!
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid39/p7061a4bd5b0b5a153d0357819be4c80c/fd08e1b7.jpg

Pam
11-17-2002, 03:52 PM
HaHa! Oh how nosy! What a great picture! We often miss those "Kodak moments" for lack of having a camera close by. I know when my camera is upstairs there is something cute going on downstairs and vice versa. So glad you had yours handy! Keep 'em coming!

neko1
11-17-2002, 04:00 PM
What a naughty kitty!!:D

Uabassoon
11-17-2002, 04:30 PM
Gabe, you're such a silly kitty.

momoffuzzyfaces
11-17-2002, 05:23 PM
:D You know how it is; what's yours is his. He's just seeing what new goodies you got for him to play with. :D

Christiansmommy
11-17-2002, 06:41 PM
Haha! He used to do that here too. He would knock all of my mail and bills all over the floor...he is a very smart cat...he used to suprise me and he is very inquisitive. Sometimes you could even see the wheels turning in his little head...if only we knew exactly what he was thinking :)

Robyn

PS i have some left over beer caps here, i'll have to see if Dandy is interested in them...hehehe :D

Edwina's Secretary
11-17-2002, 07:08 PM
Wait a minute!!!...Maybe Gabe is looking for HIS mail. Did he file a change of address card when he moved to Vermont? That could be the problem!

krazyaboutkatz
11-17-2002, 11:33 PM
Great pic. Cats sure are a lot like kids. They're always getting into things. :D

11-18-2002, 02:41 AM
Hey gabe , you got caught hey !!!! Hahahaha , how funny !!
Sara , I believe you might me right about this ...;) :D ;)
http://www.uselessgraphics.com/whatsup.gif

Vio&Juni
11-18-2002, 07:32 AM
His color is amazing!
Well, I hope he found something there :D

smokey the elder
11-18-2002, 08:57 AM
BUSTED!!:D

lynnestankard
11-18-2002, 10:34 AM
I'm so impressed you had the camera to hand!! Whenever any of mine are being 'nawtee' and I go to find the camera by the time I get back of course they've stopped and are sitting looking angelic!

Bad luck Gabe!! :D :D :D

Lynne

Cataholic
11-18-2002, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by Edwina's Secretary
Wait a minute!!!...Maybe Gabe is looking for HIS mail. Did he file a change of address card when he moved to Vermont? That could be the problem!

OMG!!! That is sooooo funny...maybe he is missing the swimsuit edition of Cat Fancy!!!!!!!

And, I forget...why did Gabe move from one pt home to another???:confused:

sasvermont
11-18-2002, 11:00 AM
Gabe moved from his NJ home with "Christiansmommie" aka Robyn, because Gabe had/has a side of his personality that is unpredictable and ugly. He goes balistic from time to time and bites, howls, hisses and in general, is a mess and totally out of control. Since Robyn's little boy, Christian, was just beginning to crawl around, she was afraid the baby and Gabe would tangle ... even I don't go near Gabe when he "gets angry".... you would think he was a lion when he starts in. Since I have no children, and I felt sorry for everyone involved, I brought Gabe to Vermont on a return trip from NJ area this spring. It was as though it was meant to be. It worked so smoothly that no one would believe it!

Gabe is happy and not in a position to take off the head of any child - Robyn won't have to worry about her sweet child being mauled by a cat.... etc. etc.

And now we just exchange stories, memories and updates.

A true match for Gabe, the monster cat.

By the way, Gabe is the sweetest, smartest, softest cat around, most of the time.

Go figure.

:eek:

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
11-18-2002, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by Edwina's Secretary

I bet that's what it is. He's waiting for a letter from his sweet Edwina. ;) :D

Cataholic
11-18-2002, 04:11 PM
Wow...what a Gabe story. I wonder why he does his little temper tantrum routine? Ever figure what sets him off? Yeah, I know, I know, he is a cat:D :D

The best knews is everyone around is happy as a clam! Yeah for PTers..:)

RICHARD
11-18-2002, 05:54 PM
eddie has the habit of doing the same thing...
when we visit my mom he climbs on to the microwave and
stares behind it......he looks for the cd's that gravity has sucked down behind the microwave stand;)

yesterday morning i was awakened to the sound of change being
flung off the table, i was still asleep and the sound of the coins hitting tile was pretty obvious, the next sound was of glass being plinked and finally a wet plunk.

20 cents in the the food dish and a quarter in the water dish.....

he got his wish.......i woke up...

sasvermont
11-18-2002, 07:05 PM
Very often while half asleep, I try to identify the noise(s) being made throughout the house. Sometimes I can figure it out and then other times I won't find the evidence for days. Gabe loves to knock glasses of water off basin tops, scoot tweezers off dressers, look at himself in the mirror, weigh himself on the scales, walk along the book shelves clearing off whatever he meets and likes, thumping on the suitcase I have stashed in my closet. He is always into making noise and taking over whatever it is that I own. He looks in phone books, dresser drawers, pocketbooks, laundry baskets, trash cans. There is no place he doesn't find interesting. Sometimes I think he is a spy!

My favorite is when I go to make the bed and find beer bottle tops and furry mice in my bed. Gabe likes beer bottle tops and the other two cats usually bring in the mice.

They are such pains in the neck, but I do love them all so!;)

Pam
11-18-2002, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by sasvermont
My favorite is when I go to make the bed and find beer bottle tops and furry mice in my bed.

:D :D :D

lynnestankard
11-19-2002, 07:15 AM
Originally posted by RICHARD

he got his wish.......i woke up...

Not daft these cats eh?!!!!!!!:D :D

RICHARD
11-19-2002, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by lynnestankard

Not daft these cats eh?!!!!!!!:D :D

no, not at all, still trying to figure out how he figured out the quarter was the best bet:)

RICHARD
11-19-2002, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by sasvermont
. He looks in phone books, dresser drawers, pocketbooks, laundry baskets, trash cans. There is no place he doesn't find interesting. Sometimes I think he is a spy!

My favorite is when I go to make the bed and find beer bottle tops and furry mice in my bed. Gabe likes beer bottle tops and the other two cats usually bring in the mice.

They are such pains in the neck, but I do love them all so!;)

check your phone/credit card bills....some cats know about
using the phone to make calls...eddie uses the speaker phone
quite well..

and it may not be the kids bringing the beer caps into the bed...
you may have alcoholic mice in your neighborhood:) they are always looking for places to crash for the night....

ramanth
11-19-2002, 02:26 PM
LOL!!!

I love the stories too. :)