PDA

View Full Version : Look at me after my bath!

Christiansmommy
11-17-2002, 03:10 PM
I did sooo good :) I was a little scared, but I didn't even hiss or attempt to use my claws...My mommy says I'm too good to be true ;)

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid39/p7ee189c73f56ec8da44885ceca64715e/fd08e2ec.jpg

Christiansmommy
11-17-2002, 03:11 PM
Here is one more pic :)

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid39/p4fa4515ce643d4971bf230ce5e2f9f0a/fd08e313.jpg

Pam
11-17-2002, 03:25 PM
Oh little Dandy you are sooooo adorable and such a good girl for your mommy! What a sweetie pie!!! Here's kiss for you on your pretty little wet head! http://plauder-smilies.com/kiss.gif

sasvermont
11-17-2002, 03:40 PM
Oh Robyn, you have really found the perfect cat this time! No doubt about it. She has THE BEST disposition! She does look a bit bedraggled in her apres bath photos. I assume she dried quickly and is back to her fluffy self!

More photos please!

I am so happy that you found such a doll baby cat! You deserve it for having had Mr. Grump all these years!

;) ;) ;)

Uabassoon
11-17-2002, 04:38 PM
You have such a great cat. If I tried to bathe Corkscrew I'd be shredded.

momoffuzzyfaces
11-17-2002, 05:15 PM
What cute pictures!!! Thanks for sharing them. Please give the little one a hug from me too. :D

krazyaboutkatz
11-17-2002, 11:41 PM
Wow! Dandy is such a good cat. If I tried to give my cats a bath I'd also have claw marks all over me. Dandy sure is dandy. :)

11-18-2002, 02:13 AM
How CUTE ...!:D
I haven't tried to bathe my cats yet ... . Doing it with my RB-Sydney , really scared me of .... He was FURIOUS .....:rolleyes: :eek:

smokey the elder
11-18-2002, 08:50 AM
Don't wet cats look so sad? I've never bathed a cat and hope I don't have to. I had this litter of kittens that the vet had to bathe; they smelled so nice.

lynnestankard
11-18-2002, 10:40 AM
Dandy - he he he - you big brave girl xxxx

I have bathed various cats and it's never been placid and calm - it's been an eruption fur, claws and water!!!

Lynne

Chinadoll
11-18-2002, 11:26 AM
awwwww! Poor kitty!! You're beautiful though...even wet.

You're so lucky. Scout and Gigi are like that, they'll cower in the corner for a bath...but not Bixby. He's a mass of flying fur and claws when I try to bathe him and he'll yowl your ears off. You'd think I was trying to kill him instead of making him smell all nice and fresh!

2kitties
11-18-2002, 11:30 AM
You are so lucky! What a beautiful kitty. Bathing is such a dreaded chore for me. It's a two person job at my house. Here's Rocky after a bath. He was soooo mad.

Logan
11-18-2002, 11:54 AM
She did great, Robyn!!! What a sweet little girl she is!!! :)

Mimi is in bad need of a bath..........she's 13 and has only had one in her life, and even that was tough (and she was just a six week old baby then). But she has had fleas.......I will not attempt it....In fact, I'm calling the vet today to see if they can do it. Perhaps with a mild sedative, no one will lose a limb.

Logan

Cataholic
11-18-2002, 12:11 PM
Bathing cats seems to be in the threds alot lately. Why are cats being bathed so much? I have had Tex 11 years. He has had maybe two baths..one for a flea infestation...so, clue me in. Are you 'supposed' to bathe these guys? Mine don't go outside, so is that the difference?

NoahsMommy
11-18-2002, 01:11 PM
Sweetie/cutie pie Dandy!! I love your bath time pictures...I bet you were all nice and fluffy after your bath you little cutie! :)

Christiansmommy
11-18-2002, 01:24 PM
We bathed Dandy b/c we got her from a shelter and she had been a stray...she had flea dirt on her, but i only ever found 2 fleas (which we treated with advantage)...so now she is flea free and clean :) She did so well, i wasnt sure what to expect...so i guess we will be able to do it again, if necessary...she is an indoor only cat, so that shouldnt be too often...

Robyn

sasvermont
11-18-2002, 01:33 PM
Show cats get bathed all the time. I have NEVER attempted to bathe a cat. Sounds like a death wish to me!

Some cats get into messes and need to be cleaned up. I don't think it hurts them one darn bit, it is just the loss of limb and blood (mine) that would deter me from ever trying to bathe any of my guys. My medical insurance deductible is higher than the cost of a groomer or vet.;)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
11-18-2002, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by sasvermont
Show cats get bathed all the time. I have NEVER attempted to bathe a cat. Sounds like a death wish to me!

I agree. I believe even sweet little Peanut would be able to show Gabe (in his bad moments) a thing or two if I ever even thought about giving her a bath. :eek: :eek:

And poor little Dandy....they look so forlorn and put out when they are wet. But I bet she dried up nice and clean and fluffier than ever. :)

The only time I even considered giving Tubby a bath was one time he was in the garage with his daddy and absentmindedly dipped his tail in some motor oil. But I opted for just cleaning the tail instead of the whole Tubby, and even that wasn't a pretty picture. :rolleyes: :D

Edwina's Secretary
11-18-2002, 02:50 PM
The very THOUGHT of giving Edwina a bath! Ouch, oooowww! No stop, please....(that's me talking!)

Edwina has had her feet washed -- walking in muddy areas, the stripper I was using on the stairs, etc. -- and screams loud enough to be heard in Indiana! But her reaction to water makes her behavior at the Vet look like Miss Manners!