PDA

View Full Version : New Toy!

Dinny
07-09-2000, 02:20 PM
I just found a new toy that my Buster really likes! I got it because it's called "Buster Ball". Actually it's a hard cube with rounded edges and a round hole in one side. The hole is actually a device that has baffles etc inside -- you stick your dog's kibble or small treats in the hole, role it around to distribute them and let your "Buster" go at it. He/she quickly learns that by pushing, rolling etc the ball around a treat will come out. My guy really likes it! (It's supposed to be the equivalent of an educational toy.)

karlicat
07-24-2000, 11:47 AM
Gets drool all over the place though. http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/smile.gif

estock
07-25-2000, 01:44 PM
They're also pretty noisy - especially if you're trying to watch TV. I got one for each of my labs and they also love playing with them. When we first got them, Gulliver would roll it around and Cleo would steal the treat. She finally learned to work her cube for herself! http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/smile.gif

Rosiebaby6
08-02-2000, 09:10 AM
I have a toy that is similar, which might be better for people who dont like the noise... my dog loves her "kong", which is a rubber cone-like thing, that we put either a dog biscuit, or I've heard of a lot of people using peanut butter, and she loves trying to get the treat out. It provides many hours of fun, and isn't noisy. Maybe you should try it!

estock
08-03-2000, 08:42 AM
Kongs are great, too! My labs love the Peanut Butter in them (slows them down) mixed with various little crunchie treats. But I do have to ration the Kongs otherwise they'd be FAT (or fatter than she is in the case of my female). It's a great way to occupy their time if you're not available to "play" when they are!

dogncatluvr
08-03-2000, 12:25 PM
estock,

I know what you mean! I have a peanut butter fanatic!!!! She goes nuts (pun intended http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/smile.gif) when I take HER jar of peanut butter out. The only thing is when she can't get at the peanut butter in bottom of the kong, I have to get it out for her! She drops it in my lap, and paws me until I give in! LOL!

Dinny
08-04-2000, 11:21 AM
My Buster has a Kong also which he likes to play with. It's a great, long lasting durable toy! But I don't get the peanut butter in it. How do they get it out?

dogncatluvr
08-04-2000, 12:22 PM
They lick the peanut butter out. My Lab can reach all except the very bottom of the kong.

Rod Schueler
08-24-2000, 09:25 AM
PLEASE! DO NOT USE TENNIS BALLS AS TOYS! Our Welsh Corgi made "bald balls" by tearing off the fur. He swallowed 1/2 of a "bald ball"-- perhaps after being sliced by a lawn mower. It did not show up X-ray. Finally operated. He ultimately died of peritinitis. Pass this warning to all you can. We just lost another Corgi about the same way, except this obstruction was scar tissue or tumor, blocking entrance to colon. Again, peritinitis was the complication.

RachelJ
08-26-2000, 03:57 PM
My Hannah (a cockapoo) is a kong fanatic as well. Loves to take it with her when she goes outside. Will race around the house looking for it and we have to wait for her to find it. She also loves to play "find the kong". We make her stay in the bedroom while we hide the kong in the family room, then say ok, and she searches for it until she finds it. Tucker (a cocker) doesn't quite understand this game.