PDA

View Full Version : Box Kitty

BastetsMum
11-15-2002, 05:19 AM
Hi guys,

By the photo thats on the Cat of the Day site of Bastet you can tell she is a box-a-holic - in fact its quite a serious condition in this household! My flatmate now even finds her boxes to play in!

The things she does in boxes:

*hides* if you can't see my ears you can't see me ...
*sits* she sits and stares - its about the stillest she ever gets
*sleeps* what I mean by sleep is that she scratches the box a bit first - you know how they like to *bury* things .... and then curls up into the tightest ball she can

I was wondering if anyone else had this kind of situation of the box kitty syndrome.

jenluckenbach
11-15-2002, 05:43 AM
a box never comes into the house that the cats don't get before it goes to the trash. they ADORE boxes!!

11-15-2002, 06:56 AM
My cats try EVERY box out , even a shoe-box :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
I have pics of that somewhere ; I will look those up and post later ! :D :D (I have guests this afternoon ...!)

smokey the elder
11-15-2002, 08:56 AM
Diva is the official box and bag inspector in my house. I have tons of (unfortunately analog) pictures of Diva in a bag or box. My fave is one where she has tried to crawl into a tiny kitten-sized sack and it's on her head! Reminds me of people in the stands of poor sports teams with bags on their heads. :D

Vio&Juni
11-15-2002, 09:44 AM
Juni is a box-aholic too :D
Yesterday I was searching for some documents and as we have packed at least a third of our things already, I opened a box - put the top on the floor and she was right that moment in the top of the box, helping me search for the document I needed.
And I don't know why this came to my mind. We were moving once to another apartment, the first thing we thought to take to the new place was Vasea - at that time a 6-7 months cat, very energetic, so, we put him in a backpack and closed the zip. He was quite in the beginning and then, in the troleybus, he went crazy and starting meowing like an abused kitty. An old lady started yelling - Who's torturing the kitty?!?!
We couldn't stop laughing :D
imagine me torturing a kitty !!!
And the poor kitty was meowing only because he couldn't get out and just walk.

Candycane
11-15-2002, 07:59 PM
For some reason, my kitty Syndey thinks she can fit herself into any box left on the floor. Boy is she mad when she ends up busting the box because she can't fit into it! LOL

catland
12-12-2002, 06:18 PM
Joxer is a boxaholic. We have a new empty box that he just discovered. it is at least 18 inches tall, but he jumps into it anyway. Then his mom, Jan, jumps in the box with him. Keep in mind that this box still has all of the flaps on it, so they are both now in this box that is closed.

There's no noise for about 10-15 seconds, then we hear a horrible noise as she hisses and spits and yells. She then jumps out.

this has now happened for the last two nights in a row. I can't wait to see if it happens again.

12-23-2002, 08:42 AM
Even my late Sydney loved boxes in all shapes and material !!

http://users.pandora.be/bernardgabriels/images/het%20is%20hier%20tof%20zeg%20!!.Sydney%20in%

Uabassoon
01-02-2003, 02:37 AM
Both Tibby and Corkscrew love boxes. I always leave them in my bedroom for them to play with then about 3 in the morning I stuble out of bed to toss it in the living room because they won't stop playing and it's keeping me awake.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-06-2003, 04:57 PM
Peanut still loves this box.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid38/p8634a2382a696cc9de51cf94feac48cd/fd13eae3.jpg

I'm surprised because it's been a couple of months now, and she still runs to it all the time. We call it her little house. I took the pad out and moved that upstairs and she's in it all the time up there (next to her daddy while he works:rolleyes: ) and she still runs to the box. She's so funny with it. Everytime she runs in, she will immediately go to the side and look out her "window" then come out on her "porch" and scratch at the cardboard, then sit down on her "porch" and watch the local activities.

Usually if I leave a box or paper bag laying around for awhile, they will get bored with it pretty quick and ignore it, but not this box. :D

Oh, and another story about that pad. I went looking for one for Tubby (a bigger one so he fits better) and Terry was wondering where I was going to put it because he didn't want Peanut finding it and liking it better than the one she has that is by his "office." He likes it so much that she sleeps there all day while he's working and he was worried she'd find a better place to sleep and start ignoring him. He's such a big softy sometimes. :) Especially when it comes to his little girl. ;) :rolleyes:

BastetsMum
01-06-2003, 05:43 PM
*laughs* That is the best kitty box I have ever seen! No wonder they love it so much! Bastet has a colarado shoe box she likes at the moment. But I know she will get bored with it. :D :D

Freckles
01-06-2003, 09:13 PM
Freckles thought this was a neat box
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid45/p2bf2d41eb46c471f3928f186c11a84dc/fcd88155.jpg

kimlovescats
01-06-2003, 09:39 PM
What adorable pictures! I think I have a few .... I'll attach if I can find them!

kimlovescats
01-06-2003, 09:41 PM
my hubby just bought a work bench last week, and of course we saved the box for the cats!

kimlovescats
01-06-2003, 09:42 PM
Tucker "hiding" in a box.

kimlovescats
01-06-2003, 09:43 PM
Grace says boxes are good to sleep ON as well!

AmberLee
01-06-2003, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by kimlovescats
Grace says boxes are good to sleep ON as well!

Grace is not only beautiful, she's smart, too. My fur-kids concur with her box assessment.

;) :p

Mitty the Kitty
01-09-2003, 07:05 PM
If Mitty finds a box, anywhere in the house, she claims it.
*Jump In* *Jump Out* *Jump In* *Jump Out*
She sleeps in there, and plays in there, and eats in her boxes.
And when shes inside, shes "hidden", from the rest of the world.
:p :D :p

Vio&Juni
01-10-2003, 02:41 AM
Here's Juni in a box too
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid43/p56971aaf48bb8e2168106996efe35a97/fcea51ef.jpg

Barbara
01-10-2003, 03:11 AM
I am sure Juni is a real "Irrwisch" -the dictionary says that's a flibbertiggibbet:D
(Isn't that a nice word?)

Vio&Juni
01-10-2003, 03:22 AM
Barbara, I don't know if that is a nice word (it has many meanings), but she is like that - she is a little vocal, a little too energetic, and sometimes she looks weird-funny.

wayne0214
01-10-2003, 04:23 AM
I wedeged a cardboard box into the top shelf of the kitty tree that I made for them a few months ago. Fawn slept up there most of the afternoon yesterday. It appears that I'll either have to leave it up there or build a proper box shelter for them. Perhaps this is what is needed for them to play and sleep in the tree more.

..........wayne

kimlovescats
01-10-2003, 11:14 AM
what an adorable wild-eyed picture of Juni!!!:D

RICHARD
01-10-2003, 06:56 PM
eddie took to the top of a computer paper box, the 8 1/2 x 11,
accordion fold paper.....during the summer months he'd roll
himself up into it. i put an old piece of rug into it and voila....

he turned his nose up at it!

:rolleyes:

AmberLee
01-10-2003, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD
....he turned his nose up at it!

ROTFLOL!!! How perfectly like a cat!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-10-2003, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD
he turned his nose up at it!

Awww, poor Richard. :( You try and do something nice for them and this is how you get repaid.

Typical though. ;) :)

01-22-2003, 09:16 AM
Look at my Inka ; it seems as if the box is attached to her ;) :eek:
http://users.pandora.be/bernardgabriels/images/Inka%20in%20box%202.jpg

Jen , that's the box you send me with those thingies for my back , he he ! Inka LOVES it !!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-22-2003, 09:24 AM
That box looks like it was made especially for Inka. Too cute, Lut. :D

01-24-2003, 07:08 AM
Thanks , Tubby & Peanut's mom !!

Here is a picture of my other "box-kitty" , Maya !!She was about 7 months old here .
http://users.pandora.be/bernardgabriels/images/maya%20the%20boxkitty.jpg

wayne0214
01-25-2003, 04:25 AM
Early last month, when I built my 8ft. computer table, that originally, I had planned it for other additional purposes, but I had to relinquish part of it to the cats because they took over the other end. I went to the store and found 4 tie-on chair pillows, and placed 2 of them on the table with an open box. All of this stuff is still here because there are cats on it and in it every day. :D

........wayne