PDA

View Full Version : A great opportunity to help the animals!

momcat
02-21-2012, 08:01 AM
Hi PT friends,
Last night at a church function, a gentleman came in with his dog, a beautiful white standard poodle. Of course I had to go over and pet him. His owner and I got to talking, told him I'm a paralegal looking to retire in about a year and would love to do paralegal work for an animal welfare group. As it turns out, he's with a local animal shelter here in Trenton. I now will be doing volunteer paralegal work for the Ewing Animal Shelter!!! This will combine my two big loves - animals and doing research. My wish now is to be able to make a difference and improve the lives of pets in need through the legal system. Right now I'm thrilled to pieces and can't wait to get started.

mrspunkysmom
02-21-2012, 08:44 AM
That is just fantastic! A chance conversation leads to a new opportunity and a start on your future.

Was this his first time to yur church? And they let him and the dog in? I think that is equally fantastic.

catmandu
02-21-2012, 09:39 AM
That just shiws what can happen by striking up a conservation with a stranger.
We are gakld that you are volunteering those Cats and Dogs could hardly have a better New Friend:love::cool::)

cassiesmom
02-21-2012, 10:22 AM
Extreme LIKE!!

moosmom
02-21-2012, 11:10 AM
WAY TO GO, EILEEN!!!!!! He couldn't have picked a better person for the job. Talk about being in the right place at the right time!

phesina
02-21-2012, 11:48 AM
What wonderful news.. on several different fronts!

Congratulations, Eileen, and congratulations, Ewing Animal Shelter too! God bless you all, plus all the animals who will benefit from your combined efforts.

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

pomtzu
02-21-2012, 12:33 PM
Good for you, Eileen. That couldn't have worked out better if you had planned it! :)

Karen
02-21-2012, 03:42 PM
Sounds perfect! Something to look forward to for sure!

maerlyn
02-21-2012, 05:16 PM
Congrats! That's great for you and for the furry ones! We need more animal advocates in the justice system. The best of luck on this great new undertaking!