PDA

View Full Version : Uploading pictures and attachments - and deleting them?

Randi
02-09-2012, 11:19 AM
Karen, there's something I don't understand when it comes to uploading images. In this thread:
http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?117861-Brand-new-JOKES-Thread!

... I thought I had uploaded an image, but in the attachment window I got an "error". The image showed up as a .png, but I had saved it as .pdf and I was not sure which extensions are valid.

Anyway, in the end I managed to upload it and when I posted, it turns out that both an attacthment and the image appear. So my question is... how do I get rid of the attachment? I can't find anywhere to do that.

Karen
02-09-2012, 11:22 AM
Karen, there's something I don't understand when it comes to uploading images. In this thread:
http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?117861-Brand-new-JOKES-Thread!

... I thought I had uploaded an image, but in the attachment window I got an "error". The image showed up as a .png, but I had saved it as .pdf and I was not sure which extensions are valid.

Anyway, in the end I managed to upload it and when I posted, it turns out that both an attacthment and the image appear. So my question is... how do I get rid of the attachment? I can't find anywhere to do that.

Hit "edit post" and when you do, there's a section below the box in which the post appears where you "Manage Attachments" - go to that, and you can delete it!

cassiesmom
02-10-2012, 10:55 AM
I tried to upload pictures to my album yesterday and they turned out enormous. Should I still use another program like Photobucket or Picnik to correct the size?

Thanks,
elyse

Randi
02-10-2012, 11:19 AM
If your pics are enormous, it's always a good idea to resize them on your computer, they take up so much space. :eek: I take it you have Windows? Do you have a photo editing program there, like PhotoEditor? If so, resize the pics there before you upload them anywhere. :) Do keep a copy of the important ones as an original.

I can't remember if there is a size limit here on PT. I'm sure Karen will tell us. :)

Karen
02-10-2012, 02:41 PM
It is nicer for people looking at images to keep them under or around 700 pixels wide.