PDA

View Full Version : growling leading up to a bark...

cfuh
11-13-2002, 12:53 PM
My Lab mix puppy (7 mos) will start growling with teeth showing little by little and then it leads into a loud bark. I think she's being protective of her things since I have another puppy (almost an adult) in the house. But she mostly does it at home but sometimes she'll do that riding in the car and sees other people. Does anyone have any other reasons as to why she does this?? :confused: :confused:

Thanks. :) :)

captain
11-18-2002, 01:09 AM
Hmmmm, I would think she is being protective of her things.

My "baby" - 1 1/2 years old now - has grown out of it abit now, and she does get abit "snooty" with my 4year old male dalmatian at times, but they did share toys. Whenever I bought her a new toy, I bought him one as well. Just like kids, didn't want the one to feel left out.

When she got possessive of the toy, or growled, I simply got up and took the toy away from her. She soon got over it.

As for the car, she does still bark when we drive along, but again, not as bad as she used to.

Hope that helps.

cfuh
11-18-2002, 07:18 AM
Thanks for the info...I normally purchase toys for the both of them just like you but being "kids" they like to fight over the same toy even if there are many to choose from...I will start taking the toys away when she does that.

Appreciate your help...thanks again!!!! :) :) :)

Originally posted by captain
Hmmmm, I would think she is being protective of her things.

My "baby" - 1 1/2 years old now - has grown out of it abit now, and she does get abit "snooty" with my 4year old male dalmatian at times, but they did share toys. Whenever I bought her a new toy, I bought him one as well. Just like kids, didn't want the one to feel left out.

When she got possessive of the toy, or growled, I simply got up and took the toy away from her. She soon got over it.

As for the car, she does still bark when we drive along, but again, not as bad as she used to.

Hope that helps.