PDA

View Full Version : Opera is not well *back from check up-Update post 47*

kittycats_delight
12-17-2011, 11:52 AM
I am freaking out right now. Opera is normally a wild child. Up until a few hours ago she was fine. She has become lethargic, is breathing heavy & won't eat. Her eyes are still bright & no third lid showing. She mouth is pink & moist. She is just not right.

I am not doing well with sickness with the kitties since losing Vixen almost 2 years ago. I panic and I mean full blown panic when they are the slight bit off.

Please keep Opera in your thoughts. I will be watching her carefully for the next few hours until the vet becomes available to see her. If she gets worse before he is available I have an emergency vet I can take her to. Let's hope it is something minor.

Thanks
Michelle & Opera

redbird
12-17-2011, 12:00 PM
I hope there is nothing seriously wrong with Opera, keep us posted.

Freedom
12-17-2011, 12:04 PM
Oh my, so frustrating when the furkids are ailing, as they can't tell us anything.

Prayers from RI for Opera.

phesina
12-17-2011, 12:41 PM
Prayers and warm wishes and healing energies for Opera.

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

Pinot's Mom
12-17-2011, 12:45 PM
Prayers for Opera from here! Get better sweetie!

momoffuzzyfaces
12-17-2011, 12:51 PM
Prayers on the way for you both from me too. :love::love:

Karen
12-17-2011, 01:11 PM
Prayers on the way for pretty Opera kitty.

Taz_Zoee
12-17-2011, 01:51 PM
Oh no. I will keep you and Opera in my thoughts today. I really hope it is just something minor that can be easily fixed. Or, better yet, goes away on its own.

chocolatepuppy
12-17-2011, 02:01 PM
Pawsitive thoughts and prayers for Opera. They worry us sick sometimes.:(

Catty1
12-17-2011, 03:05 PM
Prayers for dear Opera!:love:

Felicia's Mom
12-17-2011, 03:11 PM
Prayers and positive thoughts for you and Opera.:love:

kittycats_delight
12-17-2011, 03:11 PM
Opera is still not herself by a long shot. She is doing a little better. Her respiratory rate seems back to normal as does her temperature. She managed a little bit of tuna (I mean a very tiny bit but still that's some) & kept it down. So, no vomiting. We are leaving now for the vet's office. Will let you all know what's up when we get back.

Thank you all for the well wishes, prayers & healing, good thoughts.

:love: Michelle & Opera

krazyaboutkatz
12-17-2011, 04:02 PM
Michelle, I'm so sorry to hear this.:( I sure hope that it's nothing serious and the vet will be able to help her. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent her way.

mrspunkysmom
12-17-2011, 08:40 PM
Prayers that Opera is feeling better and it's nothing serious. :love:

Freedom
12-17-2011, 08:58 PM
I've stopped in a few times for an update. Off to bed now, will check in the morning.

moosmom
12-18-2011, 05:32 AM
Thoughts and prayers coming from CT.

xoxoxoxox

donna and fur kids

Barbara
12-18-2011, 06:15 AM
Sending best thoughts- I hope it is nothing serious.

cool4catz2
12-18-2011, 08:44 AM
Sending prayers for Opera from Socks and I.

Randi
12-18-2011, 09:03 AM
Fister and I are keeping our paws and fingers crossed for Opera - I hope it's nothing serious, and that the vet can give her something to make her feel better.

Lots of good thoughts from us. :love:

catmandu
12-18-2011, 12:32 PM
We are so sorry to hear that Opera is not well, we pray that it is not something that she brought with her from her feral past.
We are praying that your Vet can make your Little Tuxedo well for PetMas.
:cool::cool:

Catty1
12-18-2011, 03:02 PM
I know things are busy for her...but the longer there is a delay in an update, the more worried I get.

More prayers for Opera and her mom!:love:

kittycats_delight
12-18-2011, 04:17 PM
Sorry guys, my internet was down. It has just gotten back up & working. So, it was a rough visit at the vet. The first thing the vet thought was a heart problem. I about passed out when he said that. Opera is only 8 months old. A heart problem is something far from my mind. But once he told her temp and found out it was high he turned on a dime and said infection. He is thinking the antibiotics she got when she was spayed (it was a slow release (over 14 days) antibiotic) wasn't strong enough. She is on antibiotic injections for the next 10 days. I get to give injections again...but I am practiced at it so I really don't mind. I actually prefer them over pills. She ate when she got home immediately and she has been eating on and off all day. She also went #1 & 2 and all looked good there. She is very clingy and wants to be with me all the time. She has been glued to me. So all in all she seems to be doing better. I will keep you all updated. Again sorry for the delay in updating.

Karen
12-18-2011, 04:18 PM
Oh, glad it is is something hopefully fixable! Thanks for letting us know!

Pinot's Mom
12-18-2011, 04:23 PM
Keep it up, Opera!

Freedom
12-18-2011, 04:47 PM
Aw, she just wants to cuddle with you, that makes her feel better. Enjoy this, as I think you said she is normally a wild child, lol.

Prayers that the meds kick in and she feels well quickly, and that this is all it was, an infection of some sort.

Get well, Opera!

kaycountrygal
12-18-2011, 05:21 PM
I've been checking to see if there was an update on your Opera. I just read that she is some better and on injections for infection. I know you feel relieved to know that more than likely she will be alright. It is so upsetting and scarey when our furkids are sick. Hope all goes well. I'll keep checking back on her status.

krazyaboutkatz
12-18-2011, 06:13 PM
Thanks for the update. I'm so glad that it's something treatable.:) She reminds me of when my Ziggy got spayed. Since Ziggy got spayed at the Humane Society they didn't give me any medication for her. She was also fine at first but then she became very sick and she wouldn't eat. I had to then take her to my vet and she had an infection and was put on antibiotics.I hope that Opera will feel better soon and will get better quickly. Lots more prayers and positive thoughts are being sent her way.

Felicia's Mom
12-18-2011, 06:22 PM
Thanks for the update! Get well Opera!

phesina
12-18-2011, 06:26 PM
Thank you for the update. Prayers and healing energies and good wishes for Opera; be well very soon, beloved kitty-girl!

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:,
Pat and cats

mrspunkysmom
12-18-2011, 07:32 PM
Prayers that Opera feels better soon. :love:

Catty1
12-18-2011, 09:36 PM
Get well soon, Opera! I hope you and your mom have lots of cuddles! :D:love::love::love:

Taz_Zoee
12-19-2011, 11:51 AM
Whew! So glad it wasn't a heart problem like the vet first thought. I hope she feels better very soon! :D

kittycats_delight
12-19-2011, 12:11 PM
Opera is a less clingy today. She is definitely eating better. She has even been munching dry food a few time. I have also seen her in the box. I know she is feeling better cause she was climbing today. She was on the counters and across the stove and sinks and up on the shelving unit in the kitchen where the pots, pans, dish towels, water & blender etc are kept. Tonight will be her 3rd injection. 1st was given by the vet. I gave her one last night and another tonight. I don't mind at all giving the injections and she doesn't complain, so far anyway. Let's see how much fuss she puts up tonight. Right now she is curled up on my fleece blanket on the bed with her dawgie sis Artica and miss furry pants Vega. Fingers, toes, whiskers & paws are all crossed here that this 10 day cycle of antibiotics makes her all better.

Catty1
12-19-2011, 12:14 PM
Sounding better and better! Especially if she is being a bit nawtee and roaming around counters, pots and pans! :D

Best. News. Ever.:love:

cassiesmom
12-19-2011, 12:16 PM
Right now she is curled up on my fleece blanket on the bed with her dawgie sis Artica and miss furry pants Vega. Fingers, toes, whiskers & paws are all crossed here that this 10 day cycle of antibiotics makes her all better.

Awww, everyone is snuggled together! Fingers and paws crossed here too! :love: :love:

katladyd
12-19-2011, 02:42 PM
I am so happy she is feeling better!:D Give her a kiss or two from me, okay?:love:

kittycats_delight
12-21-2011, 11:44 AM
Opera is definitely feeling better. She was wrestling & playing chase with her brother today and playing with toys yesterday. She was even doing bunny feet on my hand & on Pirate's head a while later while they were playing. She fought me like a tiger last night when I gave her the injection. She was SOOOOOOOOO not happy with her meowmie but got over it the second she escaped me. She is packing away the food like before & using the box normally. She even spent time with Vega & Pirate in the window this morning watching the doves, blackbirds & finches have their morning feed outside the window.

She goes back to the vet tomorrow night to get a check up & see how she is coming along. He will check her weight & her temperature which were 2 things that needed to change. The weight had to come back up & the temperature back down. So, please keep her in your thoughts and call up any favors that she has a good visit. Thanks ((((((HUGS)))))))

katladyd
12-21-2011, 11:51 AM
Will do. I'm on it.:D Anything for a sweet kitty like Opera.:love:

Taz_Zoee
12-21-2011, 03:19 PM
Wonderful news!! I hope everything checks out perfect at the vet tomorrow! :D :D

Hugs to Opera! :)

Catty1
12-21-2011, 03:49 PM
Great news! Prayers for a great checkup at the vet tomorrow!:):love:

Felicia's Mom
12-21-2011, 03:56 PM
Opera is in my prayers.

chocolatepuppy
12-21-2011, 05:59 PM
Keep getting better Opera!:love:

Freedom
12-21-2011, 06:48 PM
It does sound like she is on the mend, which is grand news.

Paws crossed for a good vet check tomorrow.

phesina
12-21-2011, 07:46 PM
Prayers for a good vet visit, Opera!!!

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

krazyaboutkatz
12-22-2011, 12:33 AM
I'm so glad to hear that she's feeling much better.:) Prayers and positive thoughts are being sent her way for a great vet visit tomorrow.

Medusa
12-22-2011, 07:25 AM
I'm so glad to hear that Opera is feeling better. We'll keep the prayers going so that she is in tiptop shape. :)

kittycats_delight
12-22-2011, 01:43 PM
So we are back from Opera's check up appointment. Her temperature is back to normal. Her weight is going back up too. She has gained back 300g (half of what she lost) in just 4 days. She has a sneeze though and we asked the vet about that. He checked her out and said looks like a kitty cold. So she gets her injections for the next 6 days and also she will be getting some herbal treatments for her sneezes & other cold symptoms. And this is just the icing on the cake. Total cost of her check-up with herbal remedies included...€0,00. He did not charge us anything. Guido asked him the cost & he looked at us funny and said 'niente' (nothing), he then smiled and said 'Buon Natale' (Merry Christmas). Boy we love our vet.

Thanks everyone for all the prayers, well wished, healing vibes, etc. We appreciate each and every single one.

(((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))))

smokey the elder
12-22-2011, 01:51 PM
How sweet of your vet! I'm glad Opera is feeling better (great name, BTW.)

lvpets2002
12-22-2011, 03:29 PM
:love: Congrats on Opera feeling much better.. Cuddles

Catty1
12-22-2011, 04:23 PM
Great news - and yes, your vet is the best! :D:love::love:

phesina
12-22-2011, 05:01 PM
Wonderful news!

Merry Christmas to all of you!

Taz_Zoee
12-22-2011, 05:03 PM
Awww, that was so nice of your vet!
I'm so glad she is feeling better and on the road to recovery. :D

Freedom
12-22-2011, 05:12 PM
What a nice gesture by your vet!

I bet with her having an infection, this made it easier for her to contract the kitty cold.

Keep on healing, Opera!

kittycats_delight
12-22-2011, 05:53 PM
What a nice gesture by your vet!

I bet with her having an infection, this made it easier for her to contract the kitty cold.

Keep on healing, Opera!

Exactly Sandie. The first night we took her to the vet it was really cold. Her system was already down due to the infection so that is when she most likely contracted it. It takes 2 - 15 days for symptoms to show. Where her system was down she started showing signed very quickly (3 days later). Seeing she is on Baytril (I personally hate the stuff) the vet figures it will help kick off the cold pretty quickly as she still have 5 more days (I just gave her tonight's injection) so for this reason he gave us the herbal stuff as he figures the baytril is strong enough on it's own.

I hate that she just had less than 2 days of being almost her normal self and now she is not so much herself again because of this cold. The poor baby has the sneezies & a weepy right eye. I felt like crying. I hate to see her sick. It just breaks my heart. It's not like I can explain to her why she feels crappy. I just want the antibiotics to do their job & get my girlie to feeling good again. I want my wild child back. I actually miss her climbing the curtains and bouncing off the walls.

Thanks again for everything guys.

Catty1
12-22-2011, 07:41 PM
I hope by tomorrow you will have your wild girl again! Prayers and hugs going out to you both.:love::love:

mrspunkysmom
12-22-2011, 10:42 PM
Glad to hear she is doing better. Hope she gets over her cold soon. What an awesome vet. :love:

krazyaboutkatz
12-23-2011, 12:15 AM
Glad to hear she is doing better. Hope she gets over her cold soon. What an awesome vet. :love:

I agree.:) I also hope that none of your other cats catch her cold.

catmandu
12-24-2011, 09:56 AM
What a Great Vet you have Michelle and Guido, a true healer who puts his patients first:love::love:
You certainly are in good hands with this fine Doctor.
We are praying for Dear Opera, that she will get throough this and grow into a Wonderful Gata!!!:love::love::love: