PDA

View Full Version : Hunters

iceyshiver21
11-11-2002, 01:30 PM
Ahhhh this time of year, hunting season(in minnesota anyway), less time to ride horse :( but heres so tips for you and all your pets,) WEAR ORANGE! me and weiner_teddy (Amanda) wear orange huntung coats and dress our pets in oranges also all me pups, have a orange shirt the wear for this time of year, we have orange halters, and leadropes orange tape we put on their rains too(the horses anyway), and they all look cute in their orange hats!

Desert Arabian
11-11-2002, 10:59 PM
I'm suprised the tape doesn't ruin the leather on the reins.One time Greg, my friend, tried to do that, and the leather was damaged pretty bad. Every year here in WI, I always hear cases of animals (mainly dogs) being shot. I remember last year, a man accidently shot and killed his dog while rabbit hunting. I have no clue how... I would kill myself if I accidently shot my dog! I'd go nuts!

iceyshiver21
11-12-2002, 01:20 PM
ill post pics when i get them, yes i agree, would go nuts to if i shot my dogs, no we use real un-sticky tape our put paper under the tape. ya i read about some hunters who will lose their dogs and in thier anger they'll accidentilly take someone elses dog!:( So all my dogs are on close watch, which they dont really care for. they cant get in to anymore trouble like chaseing kitties or barking at the chickens.

HoRsELUvR
11-15-2002, 03:39 PM
good thing you're protecting your horses and dogs.and yourself.i don't know what id do if one of my fave horses got shot.