PDA

View Full Version : Jack the Cat's Law

maerlyn
11-08-2011, 09:37 AM
As you know, Jack, the beloved companion of Karen Pascoe, had to journey to the Bridge because of the negligence of AA. On the website change.org, there's a petition to have "Jack the Cat's Law" enacted; it would require airlines to provide a GPS tracking system on every animal flying in cargo. This is far from ideal, for no companion animal should *ever* fly in cargo, but it is a start. If such a law had been in place, Jack would have been found and still be alive. Please go and sign the petition; such a law would give at least a little meaning to Jack's suffering and would help to ensure that his tragic story is not repeated.

http://www.change.org/petitions/create-jack-the-cats-law

katladyd
11-08-2011, 11:48 AM
I signed it and I'm sure everyone here will as well.

momcat
11-08-2011, 04:10 PM
I signed saying a prayer for Jack the whole time. I'm sharing this with Danni and every animal lover I know. Thank you for sharing this with us!

maerlyn
11-08-2011, 04:24 PM
That's why I posted the petition info on this site: I know the "crazy cat" people here will sign. Sadly, we can never be certain that this type of thing wouldn't happen to us. As many of you, I'm sure, I can feel Karen's pain - it hits close to home.

kuhio98
11-08-2011, 04:27 PM
Sharon ~ Thank you for posting the link. I've signed it and will pass it on.

jennielynn1970
11-08-2011, 05:03 PM
Signed.

Poor Jack. It's just such a shame all he had to go through.

maerlyn
11-09-2011, 08:58 AM
Just now, I learned of a second - and much more stringent law - that is being petitioned for: it would forbid the carrying of companion animals as cargo! This is definitely what's needed. I signed that petition as well and hope that m any of you will, as well. This would be the finest memorial imaginable for dear Jack the Cat.:love:

catmandu
11-09-2011, 09:19 AM
No Canadian signers , thats sad.:rolleyes:

maerlyn
11-09-2011, 10:32 AM
Rats on that! But thanks for trying.:)