PDA

View Full Version : Oscar's dental this morning

Catty1
11-03-2011, 10:17 AM
Oscar is feeling very reassured that since Don Juan's dental went so well that he will be just fine also. :):love:

He has FORL - Feline Ododontal Resorptive Lesion. It's a sore that appears on the gums and bores into the tooth, and the teeth reabsorb into the gums. It's painful! It's on two of his teeth, so he will likely lose those.

Usually Oriental Shorthair and other cats have this and they lose ALL their teeth to it.

Praying for and expecting a good outcome. He will feel better afterwards!

Yay Dr Kristen! :)

phesina
11-03-2011, 11:38 AM
Prayers and good wishes and healing energies for Oscar, and for Dr. Kristen and you too, Candace, for taking such good care of him.
:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

krazyaboutkatz
11-03-2011, 11:43 AM
I hope that everything will go well. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent his way.

Randi
11-03-2011, 12:44 PM
I hope Oscar's dental will go well! A day of suffering, and then he will feel so much better. :)

Catty1
11-03-2011, 06:26 PM
Oscar is looping around the place right now, higher than a kite!

SEVEN teeth were removed, including all his canines. Several teeth had already resorbed. The poor guy must have been in so much pain, but he didn't show it.:( I feel like such a bad meowmie - poor Oscar!

Metacam for a few days, plus antibiotics and soft food. I am sure he will feel tons better when he heals up.

Thanks for all the prayers and good thoughts. Oscar appreciates them and so do I. :love::love:

kaycountrygal
11-03-2011, 07:08 PM
Poor Oscar, I'm sorry he had a dental problem and am glad he got through it ok. I had never heard of FORL until I read it in your post. Maybe I should try to look at Luke's teeth (that will be a JOB). Anyway I sure am glad the appointment is over and hope he will heal quickly and get back to his old self soon. Kay

krazyaboutkatz
11-03-2011, 09:26 PM
Poor Oscar.:( I'm sure he'll soon feel so much better and now he should also be much healthier too since his bad teeth are now gone.:)

mrspunkysmom
11-03-2011, 09:46 PM
He'll feel so much better now. And you're not a bad meowmie. I have difficulty checking Sam's teeth. He just won't let me.

catmandu
11-04-2011, 10:15 AM
That is akways good when Your Cat comes home from the Dental, and they start right in and start crunching thier food.:love::love:

That makes the expense and bother a worth while:love::love:
We are so peased that Osca is well.:love::love:

Catty1
11-04-2011, 10:34 AM
Thanks, everyone. :)

Gary, Oscar has to be on soft food for a few days. I did mix some with warm water last night, and he got about a teaspoon into him. He was still a bit out of it, but did calm down enough so I could unwrap the bandage on his leg where the IV site was.

This morning was medication time! Thankfully, the antibiotic was eaten in a pill pocket. The liquid Metacam was NOT going in his mouth (said Oscar) and I wasn't about to pry his jaws open. I mixed a small amount of soft food with warm water and mixed the Metacam into it. He ate it all! So the meds will be easier than I thought.

The only thing left now is results of the urinanalysis.

Oscar was all snuggly and purry this morning, and wanted to snuggle up under the covers with me. He sure was happy to be home, and likely feeling MUCH less pain than he has for a while! :)

I love my baby boy! :love::love::love:

katladyd
11-04-2011, 11:48 AM
When it comes to our cuddly, purring, kitties what's not to love?:love::love:

mrspunkysmom
11-05-2011, 09:28 AM
Glad he's feeling better. I haven't tried pill pockets yet with Emily.

Hope he continues to improve. :love:

Catty1
11-05-2011, 10:33 AM
Oscar had no interest in the pill pockets last night and this morning. They are a bit stale so will buy some fresh ones today.

However, he is feeling fine enough that I gave him the pill by hand. Neither party was damaged in the process! :D

The Metacam in wet food is still a hit so will keep that up.

He certainly isn't hissing any more. :):love:

Randi
11-05-2011, 01:20 PM
Gosh, that was a lot of teeth coming out! Poor boy! He must have had some pain, but it's hard to tell with cats. Glad he's feeling better now and taking his medicine. :)

Gentle kisses to Oscar. :love: