PDA

View Full Version : Wellness Healthy Weight Adult Cat Food

happylabs
10-17-2011, 12:27 PM
I forget who recommended this but it looked promising, I ordered it online and it came to the house end of last week.

I got 12 paws down on this food. :(

I put it out for the cats on Friday morning and none of my 3 would eat it. They sniffed it and walked away. It sat there all weekend. I even put some broth on it yesterday to see if they would eat it and still they didn't touch it.

This morning they were meowing like crazy so I gave them a pouch of Friskies to tide them over until I got back from work with something they will eat.

I guess I will have to try something else to get their weight down. I don't know how to get them to eat this food. I am glad I only bought the smallest bag. :confused:

mrspunkysmom
10-17-2011, 06:53 PM
Mine won't eat Wellness or Natural Balance.

I feed them Blue Wilderness Weight Management along with Blue Wilderness Chicken. Sam really likes the Weight Management formula.

Another one that some of mine would eat is Veterinarian's Formula Weight Management.

Sorry that yours got stubborn. I wish they could just tell us what they want.

krazyaboutkatz
10-18-2011, 12:16 AM
Mine eat Wellness but it's the grain free Wellness Core which is a bit more expensive than the other Wellness dry food. Hopefully you'll be able to return it without any problems. Good luck.:)

happylabs
10-18-2011, 07:55 AM
Mine eat Wellness but it's the grain free Wellness Core which is a bit more expensive than the other Wellness dry food. Hopefully you'll be able to return it without any problems. Good luck.:)

I didn't think about that. I guess I could return it. I got it through Amazon on with points I had from there.

Tinky and Mom really need to lose some weight.

catmandu
10-18-2011, 09:28 AM
:eek:That is so frustrating when Your Vet recommends a food, and noone will touch it with a ten foot pole!!!:eek:
My Cats are on Pro Plan, so I will buy that from now on:cool:
Josephine of Many Nmaes was eating Innova, but now she turns her nose up:eek:

happylabs
10-18-2011, 10:27 AM
:eek:That is so frustrating when Your Vet recommends a food, and noone will touch it with a ten foot pole!!!:eek:
My Cats are on Pro Plan, so I will buy that from now on:cool:
Josephine of Many Nmaes was eating Innova, but now she turns her nose up:eek:

I had to laugh at your response for some reason. :D
I just never imagined they would not eat something I put in front of them. They are generally piggies. I wish I had a picture of the look on their disgusted faces when they went to their bowls, sniffed them and walked away.

I am trying to put out less food for them as I do the free feeding. I was confronted with huge MEWO's this morning when I got up.

phesina
10-18-2011, 11:55 AM
I got a small bag (REALLY expensive) of the Wellness Core recently, and of course most of them wouldn't touch it.

katladyd
10-18-2011, 01:48 PM
I have never seen a cat who would not eat Wilderness Dry. All of my three love it! Moosmom turned me on to this food and now I feed only that and Solid Gold Indigo Moon as my dry food. For wet, all of my cats will eat Wellness and Royal Canin. There are many healthy foods out there and you just have to try to find the one you furkids will eat. Try the Wilderness first.:)

Freedom
10-18-2011, 04:02 PM
None of my pets like Wellness - not the cats, not the dogs. :rolleyes:

I looked at the ingredients: items 3 to 5 are rice, ground barley, ground rice. Ingredients are listed based on how much is in the food, the most is listed first. That is a lot of grains for a species who eats no grains at all in the wild.

Friskies is "junk food," of course they like that! :D

I know I included this in the prior thread, mine love Taste of the Wild, but only the Rocky Mountain feline formula. They won't touch the Canyon River formula. :rolleyes: