PDA

View Full Version : Luigi showing signs of iris melanoma

ToBeEvergreen
10-08-2011, 09:29 PM
Luigi had a black spot on the edge of his eye. I almost dismissed it as a shadow, trick of the light- now it has spread to more of his eye, which me and my brother noticed tonight.

He is our FIV+ kitty, only 2 years old. We are making a vet appointment for as soon as possible. I'm calling the vet in the morning, hopefully we can get someone soon. For now he is acting normal, doesn't seem in pain or squinting.

I'll keep ya'll updated :(. I really hope that it isn't too serious, but some prayers wouldn't hurt.

sana
10-08-2011, 10:21 PM
Prayers and hugs for you and Luigi. I hope it isn't something serious and prayers that he gets well soon! :love:

http://www.comments20.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/Get-Well-Soon-Graphics4.gif

Karen
10-08-2011, 11:30 PM
We'll say a prayer for sweet Luigi.

ToBeEvergreen
10-20-2011, 05:05 PM
Thanks all, here's an update: went to the vet today, and he was much calmer than the first time we brought him- didn't try to chew the vet's hand off.

Vet doesn't think it's melanoma because it isn't raised up, and melanoma usually concentrates on one, not multiple spots in the eye. We have to just watch it to make sure nothing changes. Got his rabies shot and let out one little mew, but he was really good, and is healthy (but a little fat :3).

phesina
10-20-2011, 05:37 PM
Good news! Well done, Luigi!

sana
10-21-2011, 04:14 AM
Phew* good to hear everything's alright! :D