PDA

View Full Version : Kia's appointment

ramanth
11-06-2002, 10:00 AM
It went very well!!! :)

Janet was very attentive and listened to all I had to say. She said that despite Kia snapping and getting ahold of my hand, she shows great inhibition by not biting and breaking skin when she has the chance too.

So now I have some exercises that I'll work with her so that anytime I approach her bowl or want her to drop something I don't want her to have, she'll do it.

Janet exampled the exercises with Kia and she commented that Kia is a very smart dog and was learning fast.

The exercises are rewarded with positive words and treats.

She only went for Janet's hand once but I think it was more for the fact that she was jumping the gun, knowing the treat was in her hand, than an attack.

She worked with Kia for an hour and a half and didn't charge me at all. Her words, "Since you got Kia from us and she's had this behavior even before you adopted her, we want you to be happy with your choice in her, so no charge." Instead I made a generous donation to the shelter.

She's going to type up the different exercises she preformed and will mail it to me.

lv4dogs
11-06-2002, 11:09 AM
:) That is great! I hope you conquor this problem!

mugsy
11-06-2002, 05:48 PM
Kim, could you send those suggestions to us??? Rinny turns into attack dog at dinner time..

anna_66
11-06-2002, 07:56 PM
Wow, that's great, all that at no charge!
I'm glad this can be controlled, and btw.....we always knew that Kia was a very smart and very good girl:) I think she's just like Roxey is sometimes...a little hard headed!
Take care & happy exercising. I'm sure she'll probably enjoy it since she's going to be rewarded for doing good!

Dixieland Dancer
11-07-2002, 03:44 AM
Wonderful news! I am glad to hear you are happy and Janet sounds like a wonderful help! Keep up the good work! :)

Mauisgirl
11-07-2002, 08:19 AM
Wow! That's wonderful! I hope they work well for you guys! :)

Cincy'sMom
11-07-2002, 09:52 AM
Glad it went well! I'm sure Kia will learn continue to learn quickly!

ramanth
11-07-2002, 09:59 AM
LOL! Janet said Kia is way too smart and I need to adopt a dumb one next time. ;) :D

Mugsy, as soon as I get the instructions in the mail, I'll type them up for you.