PDA

View Full Version : Furry memories

Corinna
11-05-2002, 01:54 PM
Just a reminder that I will spin pet hair into nice yarns for you Also can knit an iten for you. When that furry kid goes off to the rainbow bridge it's nice to still have a touchable memory. [email protected] for prices and questions.

Corinna
11-18-2002, 12:44 AM
No I wish! I know of a gal in Califonia that has a boutque that sells sweaters for hundreds of dollars . I do it as a small income and for memories for folks. i wish i had been spinning when my fur sister, a 16 year old cocker had to be sent to the rainbow bridge , I would have loved to have a soft remebrance. My mom did paint a portait for me.

Corinna
02-10-2005, 06:47 PM
Just up dated my e-mail for you as spring shedding season will be soon upon us .

dukedogsmom
02-10-2005, 07:04 PM
I'm still working on collecting Duke hair. I've been sporadic about it so I don't have as much as I need. I need to remember to brush him more than I do. It will be really special to have that later on down the road.

slick
02-10-2005, 09:07 PM
Oh Corinna....if you told me this when we met, I'd forgotten. I'm going to start collecting hair from Max right away. Every night I can get a huge handful so I see how long it takes. Maybe when you get a chance, you could email me and tell me how much I need to collect.

hugs

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
02-11-2005, 09:33 AM
Waaaahhhhh.....how come I didn't notice this before Tubby was gone.....:( He shed like crazy and I could have had a king size afghan crocheted out of the yarn you could spin from his hair! ;)

catcrazylady
02-11-2005, 04:10 PM
I just saw this! Corinna can you give some idea of how much is needed to make something like a 6" to 8" square? I'm just curious as to how much it takes and can it be short fine hair too?
This is really a neat idea!

Corinna
02-11-2005, 04:18 PM
I made a scarf for Wolf q it was almost six foot by 4-6" wide I can't remember the width maybe she can let us know.I beleive she sent a Bread bag stuffed full. I made it a 2 ply yarn maybe we can get her to put up a picture or 2 of it. I forgot to take any I was trying to get it to her while Kay was there.
A 6x8 squre would require much less a large glad freezer bag stffed would be enough.

catcrazylady
02-11-2005, 04:52 PM
Wow Crinna I thought it take a lot more than that! I have one more question, do all the different colors show or do they kind of blend together once you weave them?

Sorry for so many questions but I find this fascinating! As soon as hubby finds a job I will certainly be checking into your prices. A neck scarf would be so cool...er...warm!;) :D

Corinna
02-11-2005, 05:08 PM
I can spin it in seprate colors or I can blend them . It costs more unless you seperate them in to different sacks before you send them. Just to set it stright I don't weave i knit , after I have spun it.

slick
02-11-2005, 05:34 PM
OK, so what other things do you make besides scarves and do you have a price list somewhere???

Be careful Corinna...you've generated alot of interest now....my bag will be coming in the mail in about a month.

Corinna
02-11-2005, 11:28 PM
I do knitted tams . I sent Glacier a knitted old english sheepdog tunic I designed. (she needs to stay warm on that sled). I'm willing to try any pattern. Working on my price list yet. I'll try to get it done and post it.

sandragonfly
04-07-2005, 09:41 PM
hi corinna, I don't know if you have seen my other (OLD) thread of wondering where's your pricelist and would like to know if you could scramble 14 cat hairs altogether for a scarf or other product you make and what's tam? I could PM you but others are wondering too, thanks!

Corinna
04-08-2005, 12:02 AM
I had posted it I thought ,I will have to check where it ended up. I can blend the kitty hair and if its not enough I have some ideas and streching the amount. A tam is a Beret.

anna_66
04-19-2005, 06:59 AM
I remember talking about this to you a while ago, then I forgot all about it:o
I'm going to start saving some hair.
I think Bon's hair will be too short for you but the girls have nice long hair:)