PDA

View Full Version : dog beds and birthday cakes

lovemyshiba
11-04-2002, 06:30 PM
I want to get Kito a bed, but I am afraid he will tear it apart. He has a fleece blankie in his pen right now that he does lay on when we're not home, but sometimes will drag it around the house with him--until I put it away somwhere.
He's 11 months, so he's still a pup, and still loves to chew on everything that he is allowed to. He doesn't touch our furniture or comforter or pillows or anything, but I'm wondering if he will tear a dog bed apart.
His birthday is in 2 weeks, and along with new dishes and toys, I was going to get him a bed--is it too soon? Should I maybe wait a few months??

Also--since it is his birthday soon, I wanted to have a "party" for him--anyone know how to make or where I can get dog friendly cake?

tatsxxx11
11-04-2002, 06:43 PM
www.rcsteele.com (I think PetSmart just bought them out so I'm not sure if they have the same inventory) has a lot of doggie beds, including a virtually chew proof one especially for younger doggies. I got that one for my Lab when she was a puppy and it worked great. Also the "Three Dog Bakery," www.threedogbakery.com has tons of terrific doggie cakes, cookies, treats, including personalized birthday cakes. You can order them on line if you don't have a store near you. Sounds like your pup's going to have a great birthday!!:D

ramanth
11-05-2002, 09:04 AM
Three Dog Bakery is awesome! Kia loves their stuff. :D

I've never had a puppy before so good luck on the dog bed. :)

mugsy
11-05-2002, 11:06 AM
You're much luckier than we are. Ours have destroyed 4 couches (no I'm not kidding!...good thing I got 2 of them for $20) and numerous pillows and a couple of comforters!! We buy cheap now!! lol

Good luck on the search! And GO PENN STATE (except when they play Notre Dame)