PDA

View Full Version : Want to feel a little old? ;)

luvofallhorses
05-17-2011, 09:56 PM
This is crazy and I am only 25!
http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/40-things-that-will-make-you-feel-old

K9karen
05-17-2011, 10:33 PM
*Gasp*! And I was just adjusting to the fact I'm hitting 60 without fretting about it. Now......:eek: There was no icon for ICK!!!!

Taz_Zoee
05-17-2011, 10:43 PM
Some of those things I do not know about, but not because I'm too young, but I'm too old!!! :eek:

cassiesmom
05-17-2011, 11:13 PM
Some of those things I do not know about, but not because I'm too young, but I'm too old!!! :eek:

Same here :eek:!

Twisterdog
05-17-2011, 11:21 PM
Wow, Marilyn Monroe and JFK's would-be ages shocked me! I had NO idea. I guess those who die young, seem forever young in our minds.

BitsyNaceyDog
05-18-2011, 08:18 AM
That was fun.

The one that said "Kids these days will have no idea what “rewinding” is" made me think of my 4 year old. When I play "store" with him and he's the cashier he always wants me to pay with a debit card. Paper cash seems almost strange to him.

Twisterdog
05-18-2011, 09:06 AM
The one that said "Kids these days will have no idea what “rewinding” is" made me think of my 4 year old. When I play "store" with him and he's the cashier he always wants me to pay with a debit card. Paper cash seems almost strange to him.

My son asked me once if I liked a certain musical group's newest release. I replied, "Yeah, I do, that's a good album." He said, "A good WHAT?!?" Even after I explained a vinyl record to him, he still didn't have the faintest idea what I was talking about. And he's almost twenty now! Little kids now aren't going to have ANY concept of music, or possibly movies, on ANY type of physical media. It's ALL going to be digitally downloaded soon.

cassiesmom
05-18-2011, 12:17 PM
My mom and dad had a rotary phone on the desk in the extra bedroom when my nieces were little. One day my youngest niece wanted to call a friend about homework and that was the nearest phone. She looked at it and asked my mom, "How do you work this phone?" :eek:

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS4oZa-qTN5V2GF_E-YKfkIKDFO3TsKl--NDjGLyy-m5HElYB0_6nX71ImC

P.S., it was avocado green! Yikes!

Twisterdog, my second-youngest niece (who's 19) loves to listen to 33 1/3 albums. She likes that they're scratchy and imperfect, as opposed to CDs and iTunes that are such clean recordings.

lvpets2002
05-18-2011, 12:27 PM
:eek: WoW Interesting.. Just as I was getting ok with being over 50!! :D

Asiel
05-18-2011, 02:53 PM
Actually aged when I got to the end...could it be that long?:D

Freedom
05-18-2011, 03:15 PM

Same here! Scary when stuff is "passed" and I totally missed it!