PDA

View Full Version : Gorgeous Tuxedo Needs a Home!

katladyd
04-25-2011, 03:42 PM
I have some sad new to share. Two days ago my boyfriend had a massive heart attack and died. He has two cats and his family came in from out of town and wants to send them both to the shelter. I won't have that! I am going to take in his tabby girl, Mau Mau, because she was his heart and her last owner before him died and we adopted her out of a shelter. She will NOT go through that again! I know my boys' noses will be pushed out of joint, but this kitty girl needs a home. She is sweet and not dominant, so maybe the boys will accept her. 4 cats in a one bedroom apartment will be crowded, but I will just buy another litter box or take hers with my.

His tuxedo, Buddy, is the one I'm worried about. I can't take him as he is seriously alpha and fights with other cats. He has gotten so bad he and Mau Mau have to be seperated. He is extremely sweet with people, however, and very, very, intelligent. I will take Mau Mau, but if anyone would like a big, handsome, neutered male cat who has had all his shots and has been a strictly indoor cat, please post here. I will try to provide transportation for him. My heart has been broken, but I must do right by his kitties.

Thanks.:love:

cassiesmom
04-25-2011, 03:45 PM
Katladyd, I am so sorry for your loss! Bless you for taking in Mau Mau. I'll say prayers for a new forever home for tuxie Buddy.

((HUGS)))
elyse

mrspunkysmom
04-25-2011, 03:48 PM
I am sorry to hear for your loss. As far as the cats, we are on opposite coasts, but I do hope you can find someone.

Anne

phesina
04-25-2011, 03:58 PM
I am so very sorry for the sudden loss of your boyfriend. How heartbreaking that must be for you.

Thank you so much for looking out for his kitties, for taking in Mau Mau. Prayers that the right furrever home will be found soon for Buddy.

God bless you all.

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

lvpets2002
04-25-2011, 04:10 PM
:( Oh I am so Sorry to Hear About Your Boyfriend.. Bigg Huggss.. I am sure you will find a great home for Buddy soon.. Thank you for taking in Mau Mau.. She deserves you..

moosmom
04-25-2011, 04:12 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss.

Thank you for caring. I only wish I lived closer so I could do a story on them to help place the boy.

Hang in there. We're here for you!:love: If you want to talk, I've messaged you with my phone number. I can call you back no charge.

dehlers43
04-25-2011, 05:28 PM
Oh how awful! I am so sorry for your loss.....:(
I live in Monterey - I can't take Buddy but I could help with transportation. If you can't find someone to take him, don't forget about the wonderful cat sanctuary near Fresno - Cat House on the Kings. And there are several no-kill shelters in the LA area.
PM me if you want.
I should also add, my husband died very unexpectedly so I can relate to what you are going through......hang in there, hon......

krazyaboutkatz
04-26-2011, 12:30 AM
I'm so sorry to hear about the passing of your boyfriend.:( I'm glad that you're able to take Mau Mau in and hopefully Buddy will be able to find a new loving forever home too. I'm in Northern CA so if you find someone in my area that's interested in him, I could possibly help with transport. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

Medusa
04-26-2011, 06:06 AM
I can't even imagine what you must be going through right now and you're still thinking of the cats. :love: I'm across the country but I wanted to add my thanks and also my good wishes for you. The loss, I know, is painful. Keep the faythe.

Cataholic
04-26-2011, 06:51 AM
I am so very sorry for your loss. What a wonderful thing you are doing, fimding a home for his one kitty, and adopting the other.May you be comforted by his memories. Take care of yourself.

katladyd
04-26-2011, 01:37 PM
Oh how awful! I am so sorry for your loss.....:(
I live in Monterey - I can't take Buddy but I could help with transportation. If you can't find someone to take him, don't forget about the wonderful cat sanctuary near Fresno - Cat House on the Kings. And there are several no-kill shelters in the LA area.
PM me if you want.
I should also add, my husband died very unexpectedly so I can relate to what you are going through......hang in there, hon......

Thank you so very much. His oldest son lives in Monterey and could probably take both of them there. It's an idea. I can also find a no kill shelter around me. I would take them both in, but I have 3 cats in a one bedroom apartment and two more wouldn't work at all! I promised him if anything happened to him I would look after the cats at his home, but the family isn't going for that. People are so cruel and nasty after a death in the family. This has made me more sad than his death, which I saw coming, he was taking horrible care of himself for someone who had had a double bypass and was diabetic.

Oh well, I am doing pretty good, at least as good as I can be at the moment. I teach in an afterschool program and I went in to work yesterday. That helped a lot!!! I think I am more angry at him for not leaving a will and for not taking better care of himself. His family has a real mess to figure out and I will help, but no more than I have to. They pretty much have cut me off from everything unless they need me. Sad world, huh?:(

dehlers43
04-26-2011, 03:07 PM
Nothing brings out the worst in some people like money and/or death..... :(
Sorry.......

katladyd
04-28-2011, 02:04 AM
I'm so sorry for your loss.

Thank you for caring. I only wish I lived closer so I could do a story on them to help place the boy.

Hang in there. We're here for you!:love: If you want to talk, I've messaged you with my phone number. I can call you back no charge.

Donna, I got your message and may very well call you after the dust settles. I have heard nothing from the family about the cats except the other night they called me to let my know the cats were being taken care of. Nothing since. They are handling most of everything, but I don't really trust them at all! My friends (I didn't realize I had so many true friends) have been calling me daily and keeping my spirits up. I do fine until something triggers a memory and then it's tough. I went to PetSmart to get some cat food today and I saw the brand of treats he used to feed his cats. I barely made it out of the store before I broke into tears.

Still, I am doing well according to my friends and family, so I must be keeping sane to some degree. When things quiet down I will try and call you. Thank you so much for your kind words, they have meant a lot to me.