PDA

View Full Version : Meet the New Rescue Dogs! All Nine of Them!

Twisterdog
12-13-2010, 10:38 PM
Wow, busy day yesterday! I got nine new rescue dogs in at once, all from a puppy mill in Missouri. :mad:

A Boston terrier named Abe, a dachshund named Joey, two chihuahuas named Pepper and Marmalade, and five Italian greyhounds named Zelda, Camy, Gucci, Crystal and Jewel.

Poor things. :(

So, anyone looking for a new doggie or two?

Karen
12-13-2010, 10:45 PM
Oh, goodness! Bless you for takin' em all in! And they are all elf-size - maybe they will find new homes for Christmas ... or New Years!

Lilith Cherry
12-14-2010, 12:04 AM
Wowee! Nine at once is so brave. Hope they all settle down and get on together and very quickly find furever homes!

chocolatepuppy
12-14-2010, 08:32 AM
Wow! Nine! :eek: Bless you for taking them. I hope they all find good homes quickly.:)

Freedom
12-14-2010, 08:46 AM
Holy Cow, adding NINE all at once to your fur family!

Blessings to all of them, and to you for fostering them. I pray they recover from their prior life and land in wonderful furever homes!

Husky_mom
12-14-2010, 08:46 AM
lovely puppers!!

perhaps you need 5 more IG´s for your sled team.. hehe

cassiesmom
12-14-2010, 03:14 PM
Five IG's?! Wow. Just... wow.

Twisterdog, how are they doing? Could you pet them for me, please?

Also-- what happens now? Do you get help from rescue groups to place them in homes? Do you have enough food for everyone?

Alysser
12-14-2010, 03:26 PM
I would totally take an Italian Greyhound, but that's not exactly my choice. :p

They are all gorgeous, and I just love the pics! Post more whenever you get the chance. Thanks so much for rescuing the babies. They're all beautiful.

K9karen
12-14-2010, 10:04 PM
The IGs sleeping in your honey's arms made me weep. What cuties! You are so sensational. Your halo is sparkling!

Twisterdog
12-15-2010, 12:16 AM
Well, they are doing ok, considering where they came from.

None of them have the faintest idea about housetraining. The dachshund is blind in one eye, looks like an untreated injury at some point in the past. The smallest IG has a horrible limp from a broken leg that was probably left to heal on its own. She is also vastly underweight, you can see every bone in her body. The three old IG girls have no teeth, literally. They have tumors and arthritis, from sleeping on concrete for years. They are between 10 and 12 years old, and I'm sure they have had between 20 and 24 litters of puppies, each. They are pitiful.

I pretty much AM the rescue group around here. I got these guys through my friend who rescues in Utah. But she has the other half of this group ... more IGs, bishons and min pins.

Yeah, my hubby pretends to be macho, but he's a softie. He carries the little IG around all the time like a baby so she doesn't have to walk. :p

Vette
12-15-2010, 02:35 AM
Awww theyre all so cute :D
bless you for taking them all in. now theyll all get a chance to enjoy life like they should of been able too all along

if your hubby wants to be more convincing of being macho then he shouldnt fall asleep with little ones in his lap as well LOL :D :love:

cassiesmom
12-16-2010, 11:04 PM
Well, they are doing ok, considering where they came from.

Oh, Twisterdog! This just breaks my heart in two. Your halo is shining bright! BIG prayers for these 9 sweeties.

moosmom
12-17-2010, 05:33 AM
Twisterdog,

I LOVE giving a homeless pet a home for Christmas. Makes my heart shine.:love::love:

The pups are beautiful. The Boston Terrier reminds me of my grandmother's dog Buttons. She took him EVERYWHERE!!!! Dressed him up too!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!! and THANK YOU!!!!

:love:Donna and fur crew:love:

Mauxiemom
12-17-2010, 07:08 AM
You have an amazing heart! Bless you for giving these sweet dogs a temporary home. Hoping for forever homes!

:)

cassiesmom
12-21-2010, 06:09 PM
Twisterdog, how are the nine rescue dogs doing? And- could you please give some hugs to your dogs for me?

Twisterdog
12-21-2010, 08:34 PM
They are all doing well.

Abe the Boston terrier got adopted yesterday! Yeah!

The two IGs that I have in my house, Crystal and Jewel, are making progess. Crystal has gained some weight and no longer looks like a walking skeleton. She is still not using the dog door, and still thinks the living room carpet is an excellent toilet, but we're working on it. Jewel has mastered the dog door and goes outside with the big kids. Yeah!

Joey the dachshund went home with my friend for a night, but she couldn't keep him. He is territorial, and bit her 3 year old. Grumpy old guy ... child-free home for him!

The chihuahuas are doing well ... they are so cute and sweet. I would have thought they would have been adopted by now.

The three old IG girls ... poor things. I really don't know what I will do with them. They are old and toothless, and are going to be a challenge to housetrain, having spent 10-12 years going potty in their cages. :(

My IGs are jealous as can be of their new little sisters. Spoiled. Gia and Iggy will gladly take all your hugs just for them, they are so abused. :rolleyes:

cassiesmom
01-01-2011, 04:44 PM
Twisterdog, I went to Wal-Mart yesterday for laundry detergent and a couple other things. I was in the check-out line behind a lady buying puppy pads, so I thought of you and your foster dogs. I hope they're learning to use the dog door and that the carpet isn't the right place to "go". Still hoping for forever homes for them, maybe with someone who can help them continue to learn their household skills. Bless you for taking care of them! Sending (((HUGS))) for everyone.