PDA

View Full Version : Progress with Jake!!

moosmom
12-10-2010, 05:04 AM
I was sound asleep last night when I heard something. I looked up and saw Jake sleeping next to me!!!! That is a first!! I've tried placing him up on the bed with me and he always got down. We have progress!! I've put up the baby gates in the doorway while I'm home and the cats have gone nose to nose. He wants so bad to come out but it's a little too soon. The hissing at me has stopped. I guess he finally figured out that my hand is the one that feeds him!! My cats all sit at the door they watch him. He's such a sweet, loving cat!! Like the video, he LOVES rolling on his back and getting his belly rubbed!

Merry Christmas my big boy!!

phesina
12-10-2010, 05:11 AM
CONGRATULATIONS, Jake and Donna both of you!

columbine
12-10-2010, 08:22 AM
That's the ticket, Jake! Nothing but warm, safe snuggles from now on. :love:

Love, Columbine

Taz_Zoee
12-10-2010, 09:20 AM
He's a pretty smart boy! He knows love when he gets it. :)

Laura's Babies
12-10-2010, 09:43 AM
A baby gate keeps him in and them out? :eek: When Boo first came here I would put up TWO of them, one on top of the other and she STILL got over them. Little Jax & Jax figured out how to get over one their first week here.

But I understand the joy at any step fowards with the progress. There have been many of them here and they are wonderful!! May he keep progressing until he is one of the crew and a full fledged member of your family!

catmandu
12-10-2010, 09:43 AM
:love::love::love:
Love will always find a way, and Jake is now realizing that you love him so much and want to be his Human Companion!!
This will just get stronger as time goes by, and you will soon be the best of buddies!!!
:love::love::love:

jennielynn1970
12-10-2010, 11:32 AM
Glad to hear things are progressing!! Don't you just love big lugs sleeping next to you?? Big lovies and scritchies to Jake!!

krazyaboutkatz
12-10-2010, 11:45 AM
I'm so glad to hear that things are working out so well.:) Merry Christmas Jake!!!:D

cassiesmom
12-10-2010, 12:57 PM
Big lovies and scritchies to Jake!!

From me, too! Good going, Jake, sweetie!

moosmom
12-10-2010, 03:54 PM
I actually have two baby gates stacked on top of one another. I also use an expandable screen on the very top Buddy gets up on the end table to try and look over. With 2 baby gates it's a little difficult. They just look at each other. The real biatch is Shortie. She was hissing and swatting at the gate. She can be SUCH a cranky old lady (11). Nothing since then.

katladyd
12-10-2010, 04:01 PM
I love when my Big Boy, Ming, snuggles with me in bed! I am glad Jake is turning into a snuggler...enjoy!:D

Freedom
12-10-2010, 05:57 PM
Slow and easy, and let them adjust to one another. Good going, Jake!

So nice to read this. Keep patient, Donna, you will get them there.