PDA

View Full Version : Just Wondering What This Could Be?

krazyaboutkatz
11-27-2010, 07:27 PM
Hi everyone.:) I have a question and I hope it's nothing serious. For quite a while I've noticed that my kitten Blaze will sometimes get what looks like spasm's. I don't know how often he has them but I don't think it's very often. One time he sneezed and then his whole body started twitching for several minutes and it really scared me. Then he was back to normal again. I was vacuuming earlier today and he was sitting in a box watching me. I later noticed that his whole body was twitching again.:( He didn't seem to be doing anything abnormal with his mouth or nose. It only lasted about 1 minute or less. I sure hope they aren't tiny seizures.:( I've never seen this kind of thing happen with any of my cats before. Has any one here ever experienced this kind of thing before? He's still a kitten and he'll be 7 months old on Nov. 30th. Thanks in advance.:)

Karen
11-27-2010, 07:39 PM
It does sound like little seizures, you should ask the vet. There are epilepsy meds that can keep seizures if that's what it is. Seizures can have other causes as well, is he otherwise normal, eating and eliminating as normal?

krazyaboutkatz
11-27-2010, 07:42 PM
Yes, he acts normal other than this. He's a very active little boy. I wonder if there are some kind of tests for seizures since if this is what it is he doesn't have them very often.

Freedom
11-27-2010, 07:43 PM
No ideas. Paws crossed for Blaze that this is something minor.

krazyaboutkatz
11-28-2010, 12:36 AM
I e-mailed my vet about Blaze so hopefully she'll reply back by tomorrow unless she went out of the town for the long holiday weekend. I just hope it's nothing to worry about.

krazyaboutkatz
11-28-2010, 03:43 PM
I got an e-mail from my vet and she said that she's not too concerned about it so I sure hope it's nothing. She told me to take a video of Blaze the next time he does this. It happens so quickly that by the time I would get my camera set up it could be over. I'll just try not to worry since he acts normally otherwise.

Craftlady
11-28-2010, 05:13 PM
I got an e-mail from my vet and she said that she's not too concerned about it so I sure hope it's nothing. She told me to take a video of Blaze the next time he does this. It happens so quickly that by the time I would get my camera set up it could be over. I'll just try not to worry since he acts normally otherwise.

Does your cell phone have video capabilities? It's easier than getting the camcorder out :)

krazyaboutkatz
11-28-2010, 05:16 PM
Does your cell phone have video capabilities? It's easier than getting the camcorder out :)
Well I'm one of the few people that still doesn't have a cell phone yet.:o I don't have a camcorder but my digital camera can record videos. I'd just have to hope that my batteries were charged too.

Craftlady
11-28-2010, 05:30 PM
LOL unfortunately my cell is attached to me.
I think even a better idea, see if your vet will observe Blaze for the day.