PDA

View Full Version : Hey from Iraq!!

Nobas Mom
10-24-2010, 04:45 AM
Hi PT... not sure how many of you remember me... but its been a while since I posted or even visited the site. I am currently deployed to Iraq, serving out a year tour over here. Things are going pretty smoothly, which is quite nice to be honest. I miss my furbabies and my husband tremendously. Thought I would stop in and say hello and see how things are going with everyone. I've been reading some of the posts trying to catch up with everyone. Anyway, my husband has sent me some pics from home of the furbabies, thought I would try and attach them. Hopefully this works... take care everyone!!!

anna_66
10-24-2010, 06:20 AM
HI! Iraq hu? Glad to hear that things are going so well for you
It's got to be hard being away from hubby and the furbabies, but those pictures have to make you feel like your home...at least a little bit:)
Thanks for sharing and I hope it's a quick year for you!

wombat2u2004
10-24-2010, 06:43 AM
Keep safe over there ;)

chocolatepuppy
10-24-2010, 07:22 AM
I remember you!:D Good to see your furbabies! I'm sure you miss them terribly. Keep in touch.:)

Nobas Mom
10-24-2010, 08:12 AM
I'm hoping its a quick year too... I've already been gone for 6 months of it, so not too bad so far. Its been a busy year, with drawing down troops from 130,000 down to 50,000 and since the "operation" here has changed to sustainment and support, things are that much more busy! But it keeps my mind off other things like not being home with my family and my furbabies. Here are a few pics from iraq of me and my buddies... hope everyone is good! :D

Karen
10-24-2010, 08:14 AM
Aww, good to hear from you, and to see your home crew, too! Glad things are going well for you in Iraq, stay safe and be good! When you can, take pictures of the local scenery, even if you can't show it to us until you get home, we'll understand!

Nobas Mom
10-24-2010, 08:32 AM
Karen, there are a few pics attached. I will try and get more downloaded... most of them are on my facebook page, I will see if I can get some transferred over.

Karen
10-24-2010, 08:55 AM
Cool, any scenery shots would be fun, as we never just see the landscape, of course!

MonicanHonda
10-24-2010, 11:23 AM
aww, such cute babies. :) Thank you for serving! I know how much of a sacrifice it is for both you AND your husband (I'm the one that stays home here. Lol) And it's definitely hard on the pups. But everyone gets through. :)

kaycountrygal
10-24-2010, 06:19 PM
Hi, I enjoyed your pet pics. Sorry you have to be over there but appreciate whatever it is that you do. Stay safe. Kay in NC USA

wanwan1007
10-26-2010, 08:43 PM
I've just joined PT in the last couple of months but wanted to say THANK YOU for your service to our country. Come home safe and thank you for sharing the pics of your pups.