PDA

View Full Version : Update on Prince

wayne0214
10-27-2002, 02:59 PM
Prince (my all-blue Maine Coon) came down with a case of URI, last Wednesday. As soon as I found out about it, Thursday morning, I rushed him to the vets. He said that Prince would eventually get over this disease. He recieved a shot and a pill. He also gave me some Pepto-Bismol looking stuff, which I am to give him once a day. Prince is doing MUCH better, he is eating regularly, and more every day. Although he still appears to be thin especially in his hind quarters. I hope by the time I get to photo him again, for viewing on Pet Talk, he will have filled out a bit more. Thanks for all your prayers and consideration of him.

........wayne

AmberLee
10-27-2002, 03:30 PM
Thank you for the update. Hope he's feeling top of form soon.

Cataholic
10-27-2002, 05:44 PM
Wayne- I hope the meds do the trick! I am curious..is the pepto bismal looking stuff an antibiotic? I look forward to seeing some photos of Prince looking quite royally anyday now! Hugs from the Herd:)

jenluckenbach
10-27-2002, 06:07 PM
Wayne, I sure hope Prince is feeling better soon. I bet the pink stuff is amoxycilin, don't you just love giving that stuff?? (how do you convey sarcasm over the internet???)
We can't wait to meet the hansome Prince soon.

Cataholic
10-27-2002, 06:18 PM
Duh...I couldnt think of the word amoxicellin! I have given it many times over the years. What a lovely contrast the pink makes on the white tuxedo...quite dashing...(heavy sarcasm):rolleyes: :rolleyes:

tatsxxx11
10-27-2002, 07:20 PM
Get well soon Prince!! Sounds like Dad has all the bases covered! Love and hugs to you sweet boy!! Sandra, Mr. B and Oliver!

krazyaboutkatz
10-27-2002, 11:17 PM
I sure hope that Prince feels better soon. I also can't wait to see his picture. He sounds very handsome. :)

toughCookie
10-28-2002, 12:51 AM
this is the first I have read about Prince being sick, did you post about before? I hope he is better soon.

wayne0214
10-28-2002, 06:22 AM
Mary, yes I did post something to the effect of Prince's sickenss. I have a habit of editing many posts, even after they all have been read and answered to. Sometimes I will add information about a furkid that is not related. Perhaps I am being ultra-conservative but should stop this, and place any other information in a new thread.

......wayne

lynnestankard
10-28-2002, 10:39 AM
Glad Prince is doing better Wayne - no I didn't know he was feeling poorly either - both Mary and myself must be missing threads as the same time. Give the lovely boy a cuddle for me please and I'm holding him in my thoughts for a very quick recovery.xxx

Lynne

tatsxxx11
10-29-2002, 12:36 PM
How's Prince doing??? Hope you're feeling better, sweetie!:)

NoahsMommy
10-29-2002, 01:49 PM
I sure hope Prince is feeling better! :)

10-29-2002, 03:15 PM
http://www.gifs.net/animate/cat2.gif http://www.gifs.net/animate/cat2.gif

I wish Prince a speedy recovery !!

koxka
10-29-2002, 04:37 PM
Wayne , didn't know that Prince was ill. Hopfully he will feel better soon.

I rebember Prince very well, You post a picture of him some time ago, when you recently bought your digital camera. Prince is the first kitty of you menagerie we could see . I don't know if many people remember him.
I liked this pic a lot and still like. In fact I dowloaded it and had been my desktop for a while.
Do you still have this pic? If not....
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid37/p71b43b1d1188bb635e56b566a565b43b/fd1b4abe.jpg

Hope we will se him again healthy and full grown

wayne0214
10-30-2002, 07:14 AM
Mary I figured that this is the picture of Prince that you had. No, I do not mind you posting it. The main problem is that now he is almos 3 times as big. In fact, I have a recent picture of him in the camera, that as soon as I figure out how to get it in the computer, I will show him with the others.:)

As far as him being full grown, since he has Main Coon in him, this will requrie about 2 -1/2 years!

Since his illness, of which, I might add, he is almost over, Prince has become more of a lap-kitty. I stopped by the vets yesterday and asked about his thinness. They said to feed him whenever he wants and what ever he wants. That, I have been doing. In fact , I think that he has put on some weight over the past few days. He purrs as soon as I touch him and comes and lays in my lap. He was not prone to do that until I took him to the vet last week.

.........wayne;)

Cataholic
10-30-2002, 09:03 AM
Yippee for Prince! And, it does sound like he likes the 'royal' treatment, Wayne :D

AmberLee
10-30-2002, 10:21 AM
Yes, such a relief that he's doing better now.