PDA

View Full Version : Ahh!

slleipnir
10-16-2002, 08:49 PM
I went for a walk with my dad, and the dogs tonight, and I used Jo's Gental leader for the 1st time in a while, and she listens wonderfully with it on, I was impressed seeing she hadn't worn it in a while. Anyway, on the way home, we saw this big collie. I moved out of the way, so the collie could just walk by (I had Jo, dad had Zeke) and Jo started backing up and trying to pull the gentle leader off by doing so (I guess..) And when the Collie got by her, she started to snarl and snap at him or her..:eek: She's always so good, I don't understand why she'd do this..Shes actually never done it, unless a dog growled or something at her 1st. Could she have felt unsave with the GL on??

ChewmonkeyBC
10-19-2002, 06:15 PM
maybe she could have felt unsafe with it on......what is a Gental Leader??

Kay

FCR:)

ownerof3dogs
10-19-2002, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by ChewmonkeyBC
what is a Gental Leader??

Kay

I beleave a Gental Leader is a harness that goes on a dogs head/snout. It is just like a harness that goes on horses.

ChewmonkeyBC
10-19-2002, 09:35 PM
oooo i will have to look around for some it sounds like they work!

Kay

ownerof3dogs
10-19-2002, 09:49 PM
Ya they really do work well for dogs that pull or don't pay attention. When they wear the harness it's impossible for them to pull b/c you are controlling them by the head.

The only bad thing is that some dogs(mine did) find it too annoying and just try to get it off all the time. And my dog could slip out of it. But I think there are better ones now that make it harder for dogs to get out of.

slleipnir
10-20-2002, 04:33 PM
It is kinda like a 'harness' or halter for horses. It allows the dog to still bark, drink, eat, or whatever. It does give complete control over the dog, and works amazing..I find if you put it on right, they can't slip out, but mine could be a diff kind :]

ChewmonkeyBC
10-21-2002, 05:08 PM
Does any one know where i could get one?

Kay:)

FCR

slleipnir
10-21-2002, 06:23 PM
I got mine at the vets, but I'm pretty sure most pet stores have them :]