PDA

View Full Version : C.B.'s Latest Treatments

5Cats
03-17-2010, 11:17 PM
Yesterday I got C.B. back from his second round of radiation treatments. They worked very well last time. He looks worse again now and has more discharge from his eye and nostril, so I'm looking forward to it taking affect and making him more comfortable. C.B.'s vision is obviously very impaired, possibly from the first radiation and/or the tumor itself. I think he can see light and shade and maybe shapes. He's pretty energetic, though, and seems to use touch, smell, memory and echolocation, which would explain all the loud meowing. All in all, he seems to be fairly tough considering everything, including being 18, and is as affectionate as ever!

Catty1
03-17-2010, 11:21 PM
Sounds good so far...any idea if the vision might come back?

I remember you posting all about CB's treatments, but can't remember how many treatments he was having.

Praying that that nasty tumour goes back to nothing! :)

Give him some huggies for me!:love::love:

5Cats
03-17-2010, 11:34 PM
Thanks! This was his second round. He'd get a treatment per day for about 5 or 6 days which, hopefully, results in eventually shrinking the tumor for at least a few months. The tumor started to come back, so the vet said radiation would be okay again and have a good chance as it did last time. I know it's not a cure, but it's worth it to extend his life and comfort. I doubt his vision can come back.

I'd be more than happy to hug C.B. for you and he would rub his face on your face and neck! :love:

http://petoftheday.com/talk/album.php?albumid=190

katladyd
03-17-2010, 11:39 PM
I hope the radiation treatments work and C.B. will have more time to enjoy his family.:love:

Medusa
03-18-2010, 07:11 AM
Oh C.B. is adorable! I do hope that the treatments will give him more time w/you and that he'll feel good through it all. Keep the faythe. :love:

5Cats
03-18-2010, 11:33 AM
Thanks again for good wishes for C.B. :love: and for letting me vent about this. I'm thinking I could be wrong, that his vision, at least in his left eye, might be better than I assume. I hope so. I'm a bit worried about his eating which so far is a lot less. The prednisone should help that in time, but I'm going to call the vet anyway. Apparently, the radiation makes C.B. sicker before it makes him (temporary) well.

Barbara
03-20-2010, 11:29 AM
CB is so sweet- I hope very much that he gets better and has a long life with you.

Killearn Kitties
03-22-2010, 10:24 AM
CB is absolutely gorgeous! I hope his treatments help and he is comfortable for a good while yet. :love:

5Cats
04-05-2010, 01:47 AM
C.B. is showing improvement! His right eye is getting less and less swollen and it looks like the tumor is receding again. He still seems to have enough energy, eats and drinks, meows loudly (still probably for echolocation), socializes with the other cats - everything fine. Miette especially likes to lick his head exuberantly; such sweetness!

I'm grateful for the radiation treatments. It's so good have him doing well. To extend his life comfortably for as long as possible is definitely worth it!

Barbara
04-05-2010, 01:04 PM
Good to hear- hope C.B.'s tumor goes into recession for a long time.

Killearn Kitties
04-06-2010, 11:14 AM
This sounds good! My girls send lots of healing purrs to C.B. :love: