PDA

View Full Version : pooR Pheobe

MegeRA
03-14-2010, 01:39 PM
My lil kitty Pheobe, whom iv had for 13 years Suddenly lost the use of her back legs!...shes not eating much, vommits and now feels like a vein has popped in her necK. I think she is going to Die sOON...im devistated. If YOu could spare a second for a prayr for her. I'd BE REALLY Appreciative!
thankyou
MegZz*

Karen
03-14-2010, 03:25 PM
I hope she'll be going to the vet tomorrow.

Catty1
03-14-2010, 04:36 PM
Vet. Now.

krazyaboutkatz
03-14-2010, 05:55 PM
It sounds like she could've had a stroke.:( I'd be rushing her to an ER vet right away. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent her way.

carole
03-14-2010, 06:27 PM
How did you get on at the vet, thinking of you and hoping your kitty is going to be ok.

phesina
03-14-2010, 06:36 PM
Take her to the emergency vet's IMMEDIATELY, if you haven't already.

Prayers for dear Phoebe and you too.

Medusa
03-15-2010, 07:16 AM
I do hope that you took Phoebe to the vet. My RB Pidge lost the use of her legs due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. According to my vet, when that happens it's very painful and I had to have my Pidge put to sleep. Please update us.

Kirsten
03-15-2010, 08:26 AM
I hope Phoebe saw a vet as soon as possible!

Kirsten

MegeRA
03-15-2010, 04:49 PM
THANKYOU EVERYONE FOr YOUR thoughts and PRaryS...She was At the Vet TOday...What happend was a peice of her spine broke off.and the lil peice was pushing on some nerves causeing pain and for her not to use her legs. The vet said she will probly never walk the way she used to , her hips are always goin to hang low, but she should get used to her condition and be alright!!..im soo HAPPY with this news. I was really scared for a bit. Now all i gotta do is keep her brother from bothering her. HE is very curious about her condition, and she just isnt haveing it!..lol..but Everything is going to be ok. I cant tell you the releif i feel. But THANKYOU YOU ALL AGAIN SOOOOO much..it ment the world to mE all your responses!
<3
MegZz*

Karen
03-15-2010, 04:52 PM
Oh, dear. So glad she was at the vet. Did they give her some pain meds? Did they mean a piece of bone broke off? Spines are bendy, the vertebrae are the breakable parts.

MegeRA
03-15-2010, 05:05 PM
Yes it was a peice of bonE..they gave her a type of seroide. predizone

carole
03-15-2010, 05:57 PM
Glad to hear your kitty is going to be alright, poor baby must have been in so much pain, but now she will be healing, i hope her recovery is quick and she will be back to her happy normal healthy self in no time,thanks for updating us, we were worried.:love:

katladyd
03-15-2010, 06:10 PM
This is good news, I've been worried about your kitty. Posts like this make me very happy. Enjoy more time with your beloved Pheobe!:love:

Medusa
03-16-2010, 07:10 AM
Prednisone or Prednisolone is good for inflammation among other things but did your vet give Phoebe anything for pain?

Kirsten
03-16-2010, 07:15 AM
This is good news, and I hope she will soon get accustomed to her condition, and be without pain!

Kirsten

krazyaboutkatz
03-16-2010, 11:35 AM
I'm glad to hear that she was seen by a vet and will be okay now.:) Hopefully this condition won't cause her to be in too much pain and she'll be able to adjust. I'll continue to keep her in my thoughts and prayers.

5Cats
03-17-2010, 11:03 PM
I'm glad Phoebe can be treated and it's not life-threatening! If you happen to have problems giving her pills with the Prednisone, they do make it in a liquid and there are pharmacies that can formulate it with a fish or chicken flavor, though it needs to stay refrigerated. I learned this from dealing with my cat, C.B. who can always find ways to not swallow a pill.

columbine
03-18-2010, 08:05 AM
My Smudge is the classic unpillable cat - he gets his prednisolone "transdermally," which means it comes in a felt-tip pen. I dial up the right dose of gel onto the tip of the pen and wipe it inside his ear. This mail-order pharmacy (http://www.wedgewoodpetrx.com/pet-and-horse-owners/) offers that, as well as flavored liquid and chew treat forms of many medicines.

Best of luck to Phoebe! Please keep us posted (and post a picture of her if you can).

Love, Columbine