PDA

View Full Version : Oscar and Cole the day after vet checkup - #1 - 1 more pic of Oscar :-)

Catty1
12-25-2009, 10:14 AM
Oscar's report advised "modest weight loss" if possible.

Cole's said simply "overweight".:eek::D

In the first pic, they are getting ready to exercise by playfighting. (Or, as my mom calls it, Sumo Wrestling!:rolleyes: :D )

catmandu
12-25-2009, 05:02 PM
What!!!
We are not Fat , We are Fluffy!!!!:love:
Big Boned?:love:
Love Handled?:love:
More to love?:love:
Little tons of fun?:love::love:
Maybe a few ounces less would not hurt!!!:love:

cassiesmom
12-25-2009, 09:40 PM
Hi, Cole and Oscar! You are so handsome! Merry Christmas!

krazyaboutkatz
12-25-2009, 11:40 PM
They're both very handsome.:) Cole sure reminds me of my RB Pepper who I was told was also overweight. His heaviest was about 16lbs. So how much do they weigh?

Medusa
12-26-2009, 08:34 AM
They both look pretty darned good to me! :love:

Catty1
12-26-2009, 12:09 PM
Hi, KAK - they each are about 14lbs...7 point something kilograms!

They are lively and well - but I want them with me for a long time and a good time, so will try and trim them down (Mom here needs to trim a wee bit also!:D )

I love my babies so much! :love::love::love:

krazyaboutkatz
12-27-2009, 02:39 AM
Hi, KAK - they each are about 14lbs...7 point something kilograms!

They are lively and well - but I want them with me for a long time and a good time, so will try and trim them down (Mom here needs to trim a wee bit also!:D )

I love my babies so much! :love::love::love:

I'm used to having big cats so that doesn't sound like a lot of weight unless they're both only small to medium sized cats.

My Storm is a very large cat and he's perfect at around 14lbs. Right now he's still a bit underweight but I think the pred is helping him gain some of his weight back. He last weighed in at only 12.19lbs. Sky and Ziggy are also fairly large cats at around 12-13lbs but I think that Ziggy may be around 14-15lbs now. She just keeps growing and filling out. Sunny is around 12lbs which is a good weight for him since he's a fine boned cat but he's a very long cat. Pearl is my petite girl at about only 7-8lbs.

My RB Pepper was also a large cat so when he got down to 12lbs from being sick he looked too thin. He probably should have been at around 13-14lbs or so. He was a bit shorter in length than Storm but he had a stockier build to him kind of like my Sky. I sure do miss him.:(

katladyd
12-27-2009, 03:45 PM
I have a small cat and a large cat. Mac is about 7 lbs. tops. But he is definitely Alpha Cat in our house. Ming is BIG. That's the only way I can say it, BIG. He is a big-boned cat (odd for a Siamese) and tall. He must weight around 20 lbs., if not more. He is on meds that seem to increase his appetite and his weight. I didn't know that amitriptyline did that, but my vet said it can happen sometimes. It sure did with him. He used to be 14 lbs. Oh well.:rolleyes: