PDA

View Full Version : Christmas caroling

sparks19
11-24-2009, 08:34 AM
I was just thinking about this while I was in the car singing along with the christmas tunes on the radio after dropping Hannah off at daycare today.

Did anyone go around christmas caroling when they were younger?

I remember my friends and I would do it every single year. I lived in a small town and I guess times weren't as "frightening" as they are now plus it wasn't taboo to sing about christmas but really we would go out at least once a week in december and knock on people's doors and sing a christmas carol. O fcourse we came across one or two BAH HUMBUG crumudgeons but for the most part people really enjoyed it just like we enjoyed doing it.

it seems kind of unheard of these days but did anyone else do it as a kid?

Queen of Poop
11-24-2009, 08:36 AM
I did indeed go carolling as a teenager when I lived in Richmond, BC. My friends and I went around singing our hearts out. It was alot of fun.

Karen
11-24-2009, 11:08 AM
As a kid, and as an adult! It was years ago, but my church choir did some caroling, just to people who were known!

lvpets2002
11-24-2009, 11:57 AM
:) Yes I as well did with the Church..
As a kid, and as an adult! It was years ago, but my church choir did some caroling, just to people who were known!

Maya & Inka's mommy
11-24-2009, 12:20 PM
I did once!!! I was 12 years old, and I accompanied 2 friends on my recorder (a flute)! We had a rotating star with us :)

Karen
11-24-2009, 12:35 PM
Years ago, when the choir went caroling, was the only time we let the pastor sing publicly. We had a pastor at the time who was completely tone deaf, but LOVED to sing, so we'd stick him in the middle of the group and drown him out!

redbird
11-24-2009, 12:51 PM
Ya know I never did go caroling, living in a big city I guess it wasn't the thing to do.

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p129/caroltree/Holidays%20Bthday%20Misc/06.gif

Medusa
11-24-2009, 03:09 PM
I sure did. Our church did it every holiday. It just isn't done any more, at least not around here that I know of. I miss it.

Trinityagain
11-24-2009, 03:13 PM
I think I went out just about every year from junior high thru high school. We usually collected for Children's Hospital of Pgh...