PDA

View Full Version : Wow - What a week I had!!

Kirsten
11-01-2009, 08:16 AM
Many things happened to me last week. First, I got a dslr camera, a Canon EOS 450. Been waiting for this moment for so many years! LOL Since I'm going through such a rough time right now, healthwise, my mother and her fiancé decided to give the camera to me as an early birthday and Christmas gift, to give me something I can look forward to. I think coming up with that idea was just the sweetest thing, and I'm really grateful! :)

Also, I've got a new computer! Not quite new actually, it's a second-hand one, but much faster than my old one, and with a bigger HD. I put this off far too long as I was fearing all the work (especially since I'm still feeling so worn out), but last week things became so bad with my old one that I had no other choice. Now everything's set up and running, and I'm really happy with the new pc. :)

And I've been released from my job! Got my notice last week! Well, feeling still so ill and exhausted, I think it's for the best at this point, and it gives me some time to recover, without all the pressure of having to go back to work while I'm still not feeling ready for it. I'm still on sick leave, and probably will be for the rest of November. My doctor said I'm suffering from an "exhaustion depression", you can also call it CFS, or Burn Out Syndrom. Also, I'm still waiting for the results of my second borrelia blood test, the one taken after the antibiotic treatment. And it's a fact that I still cannot do much, I'm tiring quickly, bot mentally and physically. This became very obvious when I was setting up the new computer, I was absolutely jaded the next day! Even worse are the constant stomach problems, I really hate that!

Kirsten

Daisy and Delilah
11-01-2009, 09:05 AM
Kirsten, your story sounds so much like mine. I can totally empathize. You have had it hard for a long time now. I tell myself that this is all happening for a reason. So far, it's proven to be true.

I wish you all the best. Hang in there!!!:)

sirrahbed
11-01-2009, 09:43 AM
The gift of a camera was such a wonderful and sweet idea for your mom to think of - and I have already enjoyed some of the new pictures of Lily & Luna. I am really glad for this place to share lives - I know you have had such a depression struggle and I also empathize completely with that. Take good care my friend!:love:

Kirsten
11-01-2009, 12:20 PM
Thank you! :)

Daisy and Delilah, I'm sorry you've been through the same, and I really hope you're feeling better meanwhile!

Debbie, yes, that was really a wonderful gift! But there are many days when I really cannot do much; I'm reaching my limits very quickly! :(

Kirsten

Daisy and Delilah
11-01-2009, 05:27 PM
Thank you, Kirsten. I am feeling better now. I hope you get better and stay that way. {{{{{HUGS}}}}}