PDA

View Full Version : He has to smell everything

lovemymaltese
09-27-2002, 12:43 PM
I have noticed that Tango is in theis habit of smelling everything that I am holding. It doesn't matter if its food or a book, pen, etc. Does your dogs do this too? He will paw at me until I let him smell it and then he is satisfied. He is almost acting as though he is inspected it for safety. maybe he thinks that he is protecting me.

lv4dogs
09-27-2002, 01:19 PM
My dogs are the same way. It is kinda cute in a way, then sometimes it gets excesive & bothersome! Gotta love the pooches!

lovemymaltese
09-27-2002, 02:28 PM
Definately gotta love the pooches, it is cute isn't it! :)

anna_66
09-29-2002, 07:13 AM
It used to be so funny when we still had Keisha (RB). She was exactly the same way. It didnt' matter what it was, or even where it was, if it was new to the house she had to inspect it to make sure it was ok:)

turner
09-29-2002, 10:38 PM
Deisel is the same way. He has to smell everything. When we remodeled our bedroom and everything was new....Deisel literely(spelling) from one end to the other smelling every inch and if we get new clothes or anything new he has to smell it!

C.C.'s Mom
09-30-2002, 09:22 AM
Cookie doesn't because we never encouraged her to do it. She always wanted to smell everything outside and we kinda er... hated it. We taught her to only smell when she's outside and off leash.

But, my cat Rudie wants to smell everything. He loves to smell my cup when I drink coffee. He's as addicted as I am!