PDA

View Full Version : I'm new here .... introduction.

Twisterdog
09-27-2002, 01:21 AM
Hi! This is my first post here, and I thought I'd introduce myself.

I own a boarding kennel and grooming shop. I volunteer at the local humane society, where I foster/rehab dogs. I also do some breed rescue.

I own eight dogs of my own, and currently have four foster dogs. (Which are turning into quite long-term fosters. ;) ) I also have eleven birds, a rescued European starling, one society finch, three budgies and six zebra finches. I have two fish, male betas, and a rough green tree snake.

I have raised and released several orphans birds, including the starlings (one of which stayed!), pigeons, doves and sparrow. This summer I raised and released a baby ground squirrel. Cute!!

Here is a link to my dogs' webpage, if you would like to see them: http://www.geocities.com/lotza_dogz/ There's a picture of my starling there, but the digital camera broke before I could get pictures of the other birds. :(

I'm looking forward to posting and reading on this board.

Sara luvs her Tinky
09-27-2002, 04:30 AM
WELCOME TWISTERDOG!!!

WOW... you seem to be living my dream life!!:eek:
I am going to school right now for a degree in business management to open a pet hotel! I want to learn how to groom pets too as an addition to just boarding! Is your buiness fairly successful? It is my lifelong dream and I can't wait! I have two cats they are in my signature.. Tinky and Jupiter... I want a Siberian Husky sooooooooooooo bad but with school and work I could only dream of time to take care of a dog *sigh*.. one day .. I wish I could just rescue every animal out there and unfortunatelly it is not working out that way.... oh well I guess I will just let you live my supposed to be life..... just kidding... well welcome to Pet Talk!!!:)

lv4dogs
09-27-2002, 08:04 AM
Welcome! You have a gret looking bunch there! I love little terriers. I too volunteer at local shelters, I have 3 of my own and occasionally a rescued or fosterd one or 2. I also have 4 rats.

margaret
09-27-2002, 11:49 AM
Welcome, Twisterdog! :)

Sounds like you are doing absolutely wonderful work. What a tremendously caring heart you have! You are a hero for animals! I am going to look at your website now. :) :) :)

Dogz
09-28-2002, 06:30 PM
WELCOME TWISTERDOG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
A warm welcome from the home of Dogz! I will introduce myself. I mean my pets!

Digger is a ten year old black labrador retriever.
Chubby is a 4 year old yellow labrador retriever.
Otis is a 4 year old fawn/silver pug.
Abby is a black kitten/cat.
Candy white kitten/cat. (Age and breed is unknown.)
Harley is a 4 year old Appoloosa/Quarter horse mix.
Those are my pets!
You will like it here!

delidog
09-28-2002, 08:08 PM
Hi Twisterdog!!!!
Welcome to Pet Talk...i know that you 'll love it here...we can already see that you're one of US!!!!
love your furbabies!!!!!!!!!!!
your website is great....all such wonderful ending stories.....
The Last Dog.....yeah right!!!
your furkids seem to know better!!!!!
and thats' great!!!!
again WELCOME!!!!!!!!!

can't wait for more pics of the furkids!!!

Cincy'sMom
09-28-2002, 08:25 PM
Welcome Twisterdog! Your animals are beautiful!! And your web page looks awesome! Look forward to hearing stories about your pups :)

Chinadoll
10-04-2002, 02:13 PM
Hi Twisterdog!

I used to lurk on the acme exoctics board. I remember reading about the baby ground squirrel you found. So...he finally got big enough to let go? Where did you let him go? I don't know if I could have let him go. I've always been fascinated with RGS and Parie Dogs and think it would be a blast to own one....but I have my hands full with the ferrets and kitties sooo...no more for me.
I joined Pet Talk about a month or so ago and like it here. I got tired of acme trolls, plus it wasn't the same after they treatened to close. Anywho...welcome!

Twisterdog
10-05-2002, 10:08 PM
Yes, I did let the ground squirrel go free, this summer. She got rather wild and quite mean when she reached adulthood, and I took that to be a sign that she was ready for her freedom. I released her at a county park here. It has a large colony of ground squirrels living there, and they are not really bothered. There is also a pond and grass, so I knew she wouldn't be hungry or thirsty until she got the hang of it. She was already hoading food and trying to dig a burrow in her cage, so I'm sure she fit right in. :)

I still post at Acme, just not on the exotic board anymore, since the ground squirrel saga is over. Yes, the trolls are a bummer, but that comes with the internet, I suppose. :)