PDA

View Full Version : My brothers dog has cancer. He's gone...

Taz_Zoee
05-13-2009, 11:36 AM
Boo, who I've posted in pictures several times, was diagnosed with cancer. My brother took him to the vet last Friday and got the call on Monday that he has cancer. I'm not sure of the details (my mom told me and I haven't talked to my brother, not something I want to bring up really). But they said he has about 6 more months in him. He is on some meds I guess.
I'm not sure of his age, but I think he's around 9 or 10 years old.
Here's a picture of him. He is more white in the face now.
http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q47/Taz_Zoee/P9240054.jpg

My nieces have had Boo around for most of their lives. They were very young with their other dog died after being hit by a car. So this will be difficult on them I'm sure. Shoot, it will be difficult on me. Boo is the sweetest dog EVER!!!

So I guess I'm just asking to keep Boo Boy in your thoughts that he will have several more months with his family and they are pain free.
Thank you.

MonicanHonda
05-13-2009, 11:37 AM
Aww, I'm so sorry. Honda had cancer an they gave her six months to live.... My prayers go with your family.

lvpets2002
05-13-2009, 12:01 PM
:( Oh no how so sad.. Prayers & Huggss being sent..

K9karen
05-13-2009, 03:25 PM
*Cringes*. Oh Man! Boo reminds me so much of my RB Cody. I feel the family's pain and concern. I'm so, so sorry. Let's pray that Boo lives out his life pain free. What a sweet, handsome boy.

*LabLoverKEB*
05-13-2009, 03:33 PM
Oh, how sad.:( I pray that Boo will live the rest of his life to the fullest, and pain-free.

bckrazy
05-13-2009, 03:53 PM
Boo looks like such a sweet boy. :( I hope that he lives as long as and happily as possible... what counts is that he has had a wonderful life with his family.

Taz_Zoee
05-13-2009, 03:55 PM
Thank you all so much. All of your kind words are bringing tears to my eyes. :(:)

chocolatepuppy
05-13-2009, 05:03 PM
Boo looks like a real sweetie. I'm sorry he's ill. Hopefully he'll have a good while left to be with his family.

wolf_Q
05-13-2009, 05:38 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this. :( He looks like such a sweet dog. I hope he'll be able to have have as much time as possible with his family.

caseysmom
05-14-2009, 06:18 PM
I am so sorry, how horribly sad for your brother and his family.

Moesha
05-14-2009, 10:08 PM
Do you think it would be worth trying the transfer factor for him?

Daisy and Delilah
05-14-2009, 11:05 PM
Boo looks so sweet alright. I would love to give him kisses and tell him it will be okay. I will keep him and his family in my thoughts and prayers. I hope he gets miraculously cured and stays around for a long time.:(

WELOVESPUPPIES
05-15-2009, 05:20 AM
Dear Gawd, iz me Chopper. Me n mommu wuz jus cryin ober da nuz dat Boo gots cancer. Pweese b wiff him n hiz famiwee. Let him habs lots of healthy months ahead wiffout pain. Help hiz famiwee jus focus on lubbin him n not dat nassy dizeeze. Help dem make lots and lots of gud memoriez in dere time left togefur. Oh n gib dem widdle girls a hug in dere dreams from me. Amen

Taz_Zoee
05-15-2009, 10:07 AM
Thank you again everyone.

Moesha - I haven't actually spoke to my brother or SIL about this. I can't bring myself to bring it up to them. My mom told me yesterday they started him on his meds the vet gave them. I have no clue what the medicine is. Also I asked my mom where this cancer is located and she's not even sure.

Chopper - Thank you for those kind words. They brought tears to my eyes again.

Once I speak to someone about this and find out more I will post it here. I will also do some research on Transfer Factor and have it ready for when I talk to one of them.

luvofallhorses
05-15-2009, 12:31 PM
I'm so sorry. :( Boo looks like a wonderful, sweet dog. He's very handsome, too. :love: My thoughts and prayers are with Boo and your brother, you, and your family that he has more good times. (((hugs)))

lizbud
05-15-2009, 04:54 PM
I am so sorry about Boo.:( Prayers for his time to be pain free.

Varga
05-16-2009, 11:11 PM
:( That's really really rough. Knowing you have such limited time left with your dog ...

Hugs for Boo and all his family.

Taz_Zoee
05-17-2009, 11:03 AM
I just got a text that Boo died this morning. :(

Moesha
05-17-2009, 12:25 PM
I am sorry to hear that, but at least Boo didn't have to suffer a long time with the dreadful disease.

Taz_Zoee
05-17-2009, 12:31 PM
Thank you Moesha. I just made him a Memorial thread.
http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=152872