PDA

View Full Version : Toledo-area residents: Special low-cost spay program!

phesina
01-16-2009, 01:22 PM
I just got an e-mail notice from Best Friends about this, which info is also on BF's web site: http://content.bestfriends.org/he/vO.aspx?FileID=84642abe-3830-4728-a612-5048d0ffef38&MemberID=296764679&ListName=bfas&MailID=8256206 :

=====>
The weather outside may be frightful, but for Humane Ohio, a non-profit organization that operates a low-cost spay/neuter clinic, spring and kitten season are just around the corner. The group has planned a “Beat the Heat” promotion and will spay female cats during the month of February for the special rate of $20 in an effort to prevent unwanted litters before kitten season.
... applies to all residents of Lucas County and Wood County (must provide proof of residency) regardless of income level. Cat owners who wish to take advantage of this offer must mention the “Beat the Heat” promotion when they call to schedule their appointment. The promotion is based on availability and cat owners will be required to stop into Humane Ohio to pick-up a “Beat the Heat” voucher in advance of their appointment.

Please visit www.humaneohio.org or call 419-266-5607 for more information or to schedule an appointment.
========

Before starting to compose this message I looked at Humane Ohio's web site (http://www.humaneohio.org/news_events.htm#easttoledo) and found information on a slightly different program (spay for $25, not $20?; does 43605 include Lucas/Wood counties?), but after posting this I looked again, and now they have the same information there that Best Friends has.

They are also looking for help in spreading the word, posting flyers around, so anyone who has time and energy to do some, they would be delighted to hear from you.

I hope this will be useful information to you Toledo-area folks.. and please pass the word on to others in the covered areas!

catmandu
01-16-2009, 02:00 PM
THAT IS IN THE LONG RUN, FAR THE MOST COST EFFECTIVE WAY TO TREAT THE PROBLEM OF OET OVER POPULATION AND WE PRAY THAT EVERYONE IN THE HOME TOWN OF CPL KLINGER :):)TAKES ADVANTAGE OF THIS GREAT DEAL, TO TAKE CARE OF THIER BELOVED FUR COMPANIONS.:love::love::love: