PDA

View Full Version : Spongebob Tank

Uabassoon
09-16-2002, 07:14 PM
For any Sponge Bob fans out there, I saw a sponge bob aquarium yesterday at pets mart. It is so cute, it made me want to get a fish just so I would have a reason to buy the aqarium.

RockyRoad
09-16-2002, 08:03 PM
No offense, because I know that so many people love that show, but I have no interest in it. It is just odd humor about a sponge and a starfish making fun of squirrels and squids and acting incredibly stupid. I said no offense, I don't want anybody to be mad at me. I usually like to watch things that have to do with reality, and think that cartoons are just childish humor usually using animals to teahc children absoloutely nothing except to drop an anvil on soemone or to put pants on a sponge. I like shows with people, like Frasier, and even things on the History Channel and Animal Planet. Cartoons are just a past element of my life that I have no more. Anyway, once again no offese, I'm not making fun of them or anything, I know how many people like them and I don't want anyone to be mad at me. My sister is crazy about Spongebob, and she has Spongebob sheets, alarm clock, shirts, shorts, pants, head bands, shoes, scrunchies, stickers, posters, paper, books, and so much more. I swear she is obsessive it is really annoying!! Her alarm clock is so loud that I wake up to "F is for friends who do things together!". Errr. Anyway, no offense to any Spongebob fans!! None taken, right?:)

RockyRoad
09-16-2002, 08:04 PM
But I bet that would be cute, I bet it would entertain the fishy!!:D

sammi
09-16-2002, 08:11 PM
I have never heard of sponge Bob - is it on TV?

Uabassoon
09-16-2002, 10:10 PM
It's a cartoon on Nickeloden

wolf_Q
09-17-2002, 02:20 AM
I don't have cable, but I keep seeing this Spongebob dude everywhere. I think he's rather ugly lol. So what is the cartoon about and why is it so popular?

FloppsyLadySally89, hey, I'm 18 and I still watch cartoons (ok so maybe 99% of this is the Simpsons which isn't really one...but if I see real cartoons on tv, sometimes I will watch them). Sometimes it's fun to watch cartoons, who cares what age you are. I wish Animaniacs was still on my TV!!

RockyRoad
09-17-2002, 07:34 PM
Sorry, Wolf_Q. Anyway, it's about a sponge, and he lives in the ocean in a pineapple house with his two neighbors, Patrick, a starfish and his best friend, and he lives in a rock, and spongebob works at a resteraunt where he gets to make burgers and stuff. it is on nickelodeon.

Desert Arabian
09-18-2002, 04:02 PM
If I saw that tank at my pet store, it would be in my shopping cart in two seconds. I was never really into Spongebob, but a lot of kds at my school were. So I decided to watch it one night and I laughed my butt of... been watchin it ever since. As far as cartoons being to childish (FloppsySallyLady89), I may be a teenager- but deep inside I am 6 years old. Even when I am 50- I am still gonna have that kid part in me. As far as I know, I have never met a child that was so dumb as to drop an anvil on an animals head, or put pants on a sponge. There needs to be stupid humor in this country or the USA would be L-A-M-E!!!! There's my two cents- hope you liked it.

Uabassoon
09-18-2002, 04:13 PM
YellowLabLovever I love cartoons too. I'm 21 and I still watch them everyday. The great thing about some cartoons is that they are made for both adults and children. While the cartoon itself may attract children there is lots of irony and hidden humor in them to attract some adults.

RockyRoad
09-18-2002, 06:47 PM
Geez I am an idiot. Why do I always say the WRONG things on here!!!:(

Uabassoon
09-18-2002, 07:05 PM
Floppsy no one said you are saying anything wrong. You stated your opinion and we stated ours.

sasvermont
09-18-2002, 10:07 PM
This past weekend I bought a little bag at the grocery so I could give it to an 8 year old (with a gift in it...) The two youngish female checkers commented on how cool it was.....and Spongebob this and that. I hadn't a CLUE as to what I bought. It was the only thing the store had, so I didn't have a choice. I was a bit smug about thinking I was a tad cool having picked out that ever so cool Spongebob bag. Little did the checkers know that I had NEVER heard of Spongebob. I don't have cable TV here on the island.

I like all comics to tell you the truth, just don't get to see them all very often. We're talking years passing between viewings!

Enjoy comics, if you can!

:D

Ferretor
09-20-2002, 10:19 AM
I watch spongebob some times but I think it's really funny even my older brother who never watches cartoons likes spongebob but I watch freinds(you know the TV show) and stuff more often

lovemymaltese
09-20-2002, 12:44 PM
That show is so cute, my 4 year old niece loves it!

Kfamr
09-21-2002, 03:39 PM
Cartoons rock. I prefer Power Puff girls and Johnny Bravo... although i don't watch tv that often...My favorite show is Emergency Vets, though..... And well... i can't live withmyself if i miss something of Nelly... i have a bunch of taped of Nelly stuff taped on them. hehehe Obsessed.:D and proud to be.

kingrattus
09-27-2002, 12:41 AM
Kfamr: "Cartoons rock. I prefer Power Puff girls and Johnny Bravo... although i don't watch tv that often...My favorite show is Emergency Vets, though"

I love all of those cartoons!! I love simpsons, king of the hill, Quads, Dildert, heheh dilbert, Oblongs is the best cartoon around, its so funny I crack up every time, the best part was that there was a squirrel in the window ledge & the fat girl had a nut on her tounge & she loured the squirrel to her mouth & she ate it.. AHAHAHAHA, I'm cracking up just thinking of it.. its too funny,, HAHAHAHA, I can't stop, hahahahah, my eyes r now wattering, hahahahaha. I miss that show, they changed the time & I can't find it most of the time... Squirrel, HAHAHAHAHA!!!

Thanks for giving me that memory back, I missed it.

Oh I also love Sticking around, 2 yrs ago I use to watch it everyday after school & guess who wanted to see it more thwen me.
come on guess??
it was my 52 yr old dad.
We always watched cartoons together, now I watch cartoons with my soon to be husband & his dad.
Pokemon & Digimon were fun to watch aswell. I like to watch the old spiderman & the old Hulk, futarama, & more simpsons.

Squirrel, HAHAHAHAHAHAHA, hey a nother memory has pop up, I have that taped. *zombie mode* mmmm must find tape, must find.

Caffeen high, Squirrel too funny, HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Sara luvs her Tinky
09-27-2002, 04:18 AM
Yeah spongebob is a really funny cartoon.... I think it is a little too extreme for small children... but that is my opinion and it might not mean much considering I don't have any..:p .. but I watch spongebob sometimes and his SUPER OPTIMISTIC attitude just cracks me up!! as for poor FloppsyLadySally89 having to listen to "F is for friends" every morning... I'm sorry but it would have been "Hi Spongebob.... have you met Mr. Hammer".. a looooong time ago.. ;)

primabella
09-27-2002, 08:22 AM
oh, i feel so left ouot. spongebob is one of those shows i LOVE to watch. i guess i just have a weird sense of humor. :( oh well. i like the show because of all the imagination put into it and , i don't know. as stupid as it looks, it's pretty addictive. :D i like it, it's okay if you guys don't, :)
i'm a simpsons fan by the way and i love cartoon shows. ;)

Kfamr
09-27-2002, 09:42 PM
One of the best cartoons has to be: Hey Arnold!

I love Mr. Picashca [sp?] "Make me a sandwhich!"

Cincy'sMom
09-28-2002, 08:29 PM
Confession time... my husband and I still watch cartoons... I haven't seen much of Spongebob, but my friend at work (who is 40+) loves it! Ralph and I almost always have Bugs Bunny on Saturday mornings and of course Scooby Doo!

anna_66
09-29-2002, 07:49 AM
I thought I was the only adult to watch cartoons still:o

I love them! I like the action ones, expecially Jackie Chan!

Tina
09-29-2002, 03:32 PM
My daughter loves Spongebob even my husband loves Spongebob and he hardly watches cartoons.

FloppsyLadySally54
09-29-2002, 05:25 PM
Tehe, a few days ago my sister's alarm went off for no reason-so she was too scared to turn it off and asked me to. While I was in there I just happened to break off the switch..didn't even get in trouble. Now I can wake up to my doggy alarm, because that one isn't covering up the sound!! It is so cute it barks and stuff!! The only cartoon I ever watch is Hey Arnold (yeah that Oscar guy is hillarious!) and Tom and Jerry. I don't know why, but Tom and Jerry has some sort of humor to it that has managed to get its way through my cartoon-opposing mind. :D Basically anything with animals can be interesting, as long as it does not make fun of or kill the animals, or somehow some animals were harmed during the making of it.

Vermontcat
09-29-2002, 08:42 PM
Ok, since no one else has done it yet, here are some links to cartoony sites, what can I say I have kids so I know how to find these places.:)
www.spongebob.com

www.cartoonnetwork.com My kids love it here there are so many fun games for all the shows including Powerpuff Girls, Bugs Bunny and Scooby Doo!

www.thesimpsons.com Check out Homer and that forbidden donut:)

I am pretty sure that everyone will find something that they like at one of these sites.:p

SANDY FROST
10-02-2002, 12:21 AM
I LOVE SPONGEBOB AND I'M PROUD TO SAY THAT. A COUPLE OF WEEKS AGO
WAS MY 49TH BIRTHDAY CEBRATED SPONGEBOB STYLE. THEIR IS A SPONGEBOB DVD AT TATGET STORES. 10 OF THE BEST CARTOONS OF S.B..
I LOVE THE HEALTH INSPECTOR.
SANDY FROST:D

OH HAS ANY ONE SEEN A SPONGEBOB MOMOPLY GAME OUT THERE?