PDA

View Full Version : National Dog Show

fritz03
11-28-2008, 08:52 AM
I watched the National Dog Show yesterday on NBC.It was not a surprise that the Pointer won Best In Show as they said he was one of the favorites.My favorite the Bichon didn't win his group,Non Sporting,the Lhasa Apso did and he was a cute dog.They didn't have time to show all the Breeds in 2 hours so had to to www.nbcsports.com to see video of the Bichon Frise.He looked just like Fritz had the same haircut around the face,tail was a little better looking than Fritz's,it looked cute when he wan finished and was trotting along.It was funny what the Shih Tzu did after being looked at by the Judge, she wanted to lay down.wouldn't walk,so the Judge told the handler to carry her and that's what happened.

pomtzu
11-28-2008, 09:08 AM
Darn - I wish I had known that was on - I love the dog shows.
And I'm sure Fritz is MUCH cuter than the one that was in the show! :)
And a Lhasa wins - being a former Lhasa Mom - I have to say YIPPEE!!!
That ShihTzu not wanting to parade must have been really comical too. I can just imagine my guy Sparky doing the same thing!!! He's got a mind of his own - that's for sure. He'd rather chill out on a stack of pillows!!

Grace
11-28-2008, 06:16 PM
I loved the Aussie Shepherd. I remembered her from this year's Westminster. Such a lovely dog.

cassiesmom
11-28-2008, 09:09 PM
My sister had it on when I got to her house so I got to see the 2 groups before the Best in Show. I thought the Aussie was beautiful! We were just sitting down to eat when the Best in Show started so I missed the outcome. And I actually had a little bit of a clue about what I was watching (look at the pretty merle coat on that dog ... because of Spiritwind I know why there are smooth and rough collies ... ) During the working group I kept saying Awwww ... Awwww... Awwww!

mr.chiwawa
11-29-2008, 08:17 AM
The ShihTzu was only 7 months old. Can't say I blame her for not wanting to walk after being looked at.:p And think of it this way at least she knows her sit/down/stay:D