PDA

View Full Version : Prayers needed for Andy tomorrow.. UPDATE POST 24!!!

kt_luvs_kitties
11-24-2008, 10:11 PM
I just wanted to ask for prayers for Andys ear Amputation tomorrow. I always get SO nervous ( I am the overly neurotic type as is) when they must go under anesthesia.

I know that I have asked for alot lately, but if you all could spare a few prayers, I would be SO grateful...

Think of him tomorrow at 7am, when he must go there. I really dont want to do it period...:(

Love, Neurotic worried meowmie and Andy (oblivious to meowmies worries):rolleyes:

RedHedd
11-24-2008, 10:52 PM
{{{{{{{{{{{ANDY}}}}}}}}}}}}} Gentle hugs. I'll be thinking and praying for both of you.

krazyaboutkatz
11-25-2008, 12:04 AM
Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent his way. I'm sure that everything will be fine.:)

Sugaree
11-25-2008, 12:08 AM
Good Luck and Good Vibes! You'll both be just fine.

Taz_Zoee
11-25-2008, 12:24 AM
Andy, I will definitely be thinking of you all day long until I see an update.

Trust me Katie, I know the feeling when one of the babies goes in for surgery. I HATE it. I'm a mess until I hear that they are okay. It doesn't matter how many times you hear - oh he'll be fine. That's great, but I want to KNOW he IS fine.

Hugs to both of you all day tomorrow.

Maya & Inka's mommy
11-25-2008, 04:51 AM
Prayers on the way!! :love::love::love:

He will be fine Katie, and back to his usual self in no time!!

ps.why is it necessary to amputate his ear?

orangemm
11-25-2008, 04:52 AM
Gentle (((hugs))) and scritches to Andy on his upcoming surgery. Yes, I worry, too. These are our babies and we worry a lot about them.

At least when it's done, he will feel much better...and he'll look so debonair!

Thinking of you today, sweet Andy...........

and (((hugs))) to meowmie, too!

kt_luvs_kitties
11-25-2008, 05:02 AM
Thanks guys, I really needed reassurance and prayers. I could not sleep at all last night, I just tossed and turned and worried.

Lut, when he had him drier accident, his ear got scortched, all the way into the inner canal, and lost blood circulation. The doctor thinks it could cause a blood infection if I leave it, not to mention it is VERY painful, and Andy has been on STRONG pain meds and anti inflammatory meds for 11 days, and that can be dangerous on his liver ( the levels are already VERY high). So he thinks it is the only way to go. The very tip of the ear already fell off, and the rest is slowly dying off as well.

I will be taking Andy in about an hour. I will update as soon as I know something. Thanks again for the prayers:)

Pam
11-25-2008, 05:35 AM
Gentle (((hugs))) and prayers being sent to Andy and to you too. Somehow I think that Meowmie might need them more than Andy at this point. :) He is a little fighter as he has shown with his remarkable recovery. Nevertheless I understand the anesthesia worry. Please update us as soon as you get the "all went well" phone call from the vet. Thinking of you both.....:love:

Medusa
11-25-2008, 05:50 AM
Prayers continuing from Mary and the Fur Posse in Ohio......:love:

Scooter's Mom
11-25-2008, 06:32 AM
Prayers are continuing from me and my crew.

((Hugs)) to you Katie.

pomtzu
11-25-2008, 06:59 AM
GOOD LUCK ANDY

And hang in there Mom!

jazzcat
11-25-2008, 07:14 AM
Prayers on the way for Andy.

Pinot's Mom
11-25-2008, 07:32 AM
Although we're not familiar to you, Andy, prayers, hugs, kisses and gentle head bumps from Pinot and her mom, too!! I know you're already at the vet, but I just read this...Godspeed on your recovery!

:love::love:

mamaducky
11-25-2008, 08:44 AM
Prayers and love heading your way -- hope to hear good news soon!

(((((HUGS)))))

Randi
11-25-2008, 08:59 AM
I hope all goes well for Andy - sending lots positive thoughts for that sweet boy. :love:

It's hard, but try not to worry too much, he'll be OK. :)

lvpets2002
11-25-2008, 09:08 AM
:love: Sending Lots of Prayers & Huggss Andy.. Hope all goes well.. Keep us posted..

Anikaca77
11-25-2008, 09:10 AM
Super Prays are coming through that Andy goes through surgery well and heals quickly and this will be put all behind him and you as well.

Hugs & Prays!
Melissa

Lizzie
11-25-2008, 10:20 AM
Since I'm hours behind you here, Andy's surgery is probably over by now - much to your enormous relief. I feel sure that your gentle warrior will soon be home with you and much more comfortable after the healing. Will the vet have to remove the canal also, that is, more into his head than just the exterior ear?

Barbara
11-25-2008, 01:51 PM
Keeping all paws crossed for Andy.

Cataholic
11-25-2008, 02:21 PM
Checking in for an update!!! Prayers still on their way.

phesina
11-25-2008, 02:57 PM
Prayers and love are coming from us to you and Andy, Katie!

Moesha
11-25-2008, 05:14 PM
I sure hope Andy did ok with surgery today and gets to come home soon. Can't wait for an update.

kt_luvs_kitties
11-25-2008, 05:44 PM
ANDY IS HOME! Sorry it took so long to update, they just ok'ed me to pick him up at 5:30, and I just got home!

Andy is still VERY loopy, and seems awful sore, but they did not take the whole ear! They only took about an inch, and said they think that the rest of the ear will heal itself with time. WHEW!

Poor fella is on his second ecollar. It is the blue one (matches Taz perfectly:p) so when he realizes that he is again wearing one, we will have trouble...

Anyways, he is in a spare room taking it easy, and I am off to make something to eat, I am STARVED!

Thank you all SO much for the positive thoughts and prayers, you have all been so good to me about this whole thing. *HUGS*:love::love::love:

pomtzu
11-25-2008, 05:55 PM
That's wonderful news - and he still has 2 ears (well - almost! ;)) It's going to be a wonderful Thanksgiving at your house. I'm certain of that. Make sure Andy gets more than his share of turkey. He's earned it! :love:
Happy Thanksgiving to all!!!

Moesha
11-25-2008, 05:58 PM
The three amigos with their blue ecollars! Taz, Barney and now Andy! What a photo that would make!

Taz_Zoee
11-25-2008, 06:27 PM
That is great news!!
Taz has retired his e-collar now since he got his staples out yesterday. :D
But Katie, as I told Lara with Barney, make sure to keep the collar up around his face so he can't scratch his ear. With Taz I let his drop down around his shoulders because I only needed him to not lick his belly, but he could still scratch his head with it down.

I am so glad he is home again!! :D :D

Medusa
11-25-2008, 06:31 PM
That's great news! I'm sure you're breathing a big sigh of relief. Quite a Thanksgiving this year, eh? :)

heidiv
11-25-2008, 06:46 PM
Oh Katie I am so happy he is home and doing better he has been in my thoughts and prayers for the last couple of days....He is a lucky boy to have such a wonderful Meowmie!!!

jennielynn1970
11-25-2008, 07:07 PM
Yay! So glad he's home!! Glad they could save part of his ear too! That's great!

Kisses to that sweet boy!

Edwina's Secretary
11-25-2008, 07:35 PM
What good news!

Karen
11-25-2008, 08:26 PM
Good news, we look forward to seeing the "all healed up" pictures when he will be sporting his new, cropped looked.

I am hoping he has learned his lesson, and tells the other kitties - wait until the laundry is OUT of the dryer before attempting to cover it with cat hair.

krazyaboutkatz
11-25-2008, 08:30 PM
Thanks for the update. I'm so glad to hear that's he home and that his surgery went well.:) Hopefully he'll like this e-collar a bit better than his last one.;) Prayers and positive thoughts are being sent his way for a speedy recovery.

kt_luvs_kitties
11-25-2008, 08:36 PM
Thanks so much everyone. It means so much to us...

Andy is pitiful. He is laying on the floor, looking under the door, crying and wanting out with his fur family... He has to be in there until he isnt so "woobly", probably tomorrow afternoon.

I will add a few pictures in a little while, made hubby take a picture of us together, and then a few of him by himself.

Now that my belly is full, I must go see if Andy is any more interested in food than he was at 8. We will be back:D

jazzcat
11-25-2008, 10:18 PM
We just got home from a day in the Smoky Mountains and shopping (mostly looking) in Gatlinburg & Pigeon Forge and I couldn't wait to check for an update. I was thinking about poor little Andy all day. I'm so glad he is home and that they didn't have to remove the whole ear.

Please give him some gentle kisses from me.

Scooter's Mom
11-25-2008, 10:38 PM
This is my first chance to post; I am so glad to hear that Andy got to keep part of his ear. I hope he's feeling better in no time!

Hugs to you both!

kt_luvs_kitties
11-25-2008, 10:45 PM
Ok, I fed him a whole jar of baby food (chicken) and he licked it clean, and actually acted as if he wanted more. Too bad I gave the other 2 jars to the pups the other day:eek:

Here are the pictures I promised. Hope you all enjoy them.

Ps- Lori, I am SO scared of mountains, but I have been begging Rickie to take me for a weekend. Wont happen this year I am sure! Hope you had a wonderful time, and kisses to Andy will be delivered!

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b8cf04b3127ccec5e69a7f2e9200000040O00AbM2LZi3bt2 IPbz4K/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b8cf04b3127ccec5e6ba1eafd300000040O00AbM2LZi3bt2 IPbz4K/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b8cf04b3127ccec5e75f62cf0900000040O00AbM2LZi3bt2 IPbz4K/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b8cf04b3127ccec5e6baa6af6b00000040O00AbM2LZi3bt2 IPbz4K/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b8cf04b3127ccec5e6006daffd00000040O00AbM2LZi3bt2 IPbz4K/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b8cf04b3127ccec5e757df4e8000000040O00AbM2LZi3bt2 IPbz4K/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b8cf04b3127ccec5e77d35cf4f00000040O00AbM2LZi3bt2 IPbz4K/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b8cf04b3127ccec5e681b1eff900000040O00AbM2LZi3bt2 IPbz4K/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/
Hope you all enjoyed! Katie and Andy

Emeraldgreen
11-25-2008, 11:41 PM
I'm so glad Andy is home and the surgery went well! He looks great considering all he's been through. Please give him a big hug for me.
p.s. That description of him laying on the floor, peering under the door, wondering why he wasn't with everybody sounded so sad. It looks like he is back with the gang now though. :)

Taz_Zoee
11-25-2008, 11:54 PM
Awww, he looks great Katie! I'm so happy for you and him. And I must say those blue collars sure are cute, aren't they? We have had the three amigos to model them for us the past few weeks. :p

I hope you are feeling better now that you know Mr Andy is going to be A-OK. :D

kt_luvs_kitties
11-25-2008, 11:56 PM
Lara, It really was sad. Meowmie gave in for a little while, and held him in my lap for a bit. Now he is back in his room pouting:( I want to let him out, but he still cant walk straight, and the ecollar makes him even less stable... Poor fella, I DO want to let him out, but safety is my issue. I am one Mean Meowmie he is thinking:p

He has to go back at 7am Friday to the vets, and be there for the day. They said that they would need to remove the bandage, very slowly, every few hours. If it bleeds, he must AGAIN go into surgery to caulterize the wound. IF no more bleeding, then just one more exam, and he is DONE WITH THIS WHOLE THING! *fingers crossed*

So we will see!:D

Catty1
11-25-2008, 11:58 PM
I especially love the last two pics...he is looking at you with such love in his eyes. :):love:

Prayers that all goes well on Friday!

kt_luvs_kitties
11-26-2008, 12:04 AM
Cindy, they are cute! And way better than the hard one he has, in his opinion anyways...

He already got the blue one off once, when I was feeling bad for him, I loosened it up a bit (felt really tight) now I know why they had it tight, he got it off in seconds.

A little tighter again, and I went to make Rickies lunch for tomorrow, go back, and the poor boy had his arm stuck in it:eek::rolleyes:

It is now back to how the vet had it!

PS- Did you buy yours, or rent it? The ERV made me buy the hard one, I just rented the blue one.

orangemm
11-26-2008, 04:27 AM
Welcome home, Andy! You look so dashing with your bandaged ear and your sporty collar!!:D I know it's a pain, but it won't be for long. Soon you'll be all healed up and back with your buddies.

Just enjoy all the attention from meowmie!! Be spoiled!!:D:love:

Pam
11-26-2008, 05:49 AM
AWWW Andy you look so cute in your pretty blue collar. It looks much more comfortable than the normal ones. Be a good boy and don't fiddle with it. :) Don't be too sad being separated from the other kitties. It is only for a short while. I just bet that the others will be very curious about your ear bandage. I for one think you look precious! Katie, this is great news. I hope that all stays good with his widdle ear. :)

GILL
11-26-2008, 06:55 AM
The CREW and I are sending our prayers. We know that everything will go well. Dimeyri, our tri-pod says "no big deal,I can out run the four leggers".

Taz_Zoee
11-26-2008, 09:41 AM
Cindy, they are cute! And way better than the hard one he has, in his opinion anyways...

He already got the blue one off once, when I was feeling bad for him, I loosened it up a bit (felt really tight) now I know why they had it tight, he got it off in seconds.

A little tighter again, and I went to make Rickies lunch for tomorrow, go back, and the poor boy had his arm stuck in it:eek::rolleyes:

It is now back to how the vet had it!

PS- Did you buy yours, or rent it? The ERV made me buy the hard one, I just rented the blue one.

Well, I still have mine and I didn't see it on the breakdown of costs. They didn't ask for it back when Bruce took him to get the staples out. So I guess it's ours now. :p
Taz got his leg in his once too. I came in the bedroom and it looked like he was wearing a dress with one shoulder bare. LOL :D Taz also got his off a few times. I put it on pretty tight (I could fit one finger under it), but sometimes it would loosen up, or he'd catch the string while scratching and almost untie it. But he loved his collar free times I gave him. Although, he didn't love how closely I watched him and when he went to lick his belly I'd put my finger under his chin and lift his head back up and say no. He'd glare at me.

I hope everything goes as planned on Friday so he will be cleared to stay home (at least until his next checkup:p).

Barbara
11-26-2008, 10:13 AM
Andy-look at it this way: I am sure you will be meowmie's favorite for ever and ever.
And PetTalk's favorite too ;)

Prairie Purrs
11-26-2008, 10:25 AM
I'm glad that sweet Andy is doing so well! Definitely something to be thankful for when we celebrate tomorrow. :D Best wishes to you and your handsome boy!

RedHedd
11-26-2008, 10:30 AM
Aw! He looks great! I hope the wobblies go away so he can join the rest of the clan.

Medusa
11-26-2008, 10:40 AM
Aw, what a sweetie pie. He looks so darned cute w/his collar on but I can tell by the expression on his face he's simply enduring it. I'm glad that the wobbles went away and now you all can enjoy your Thanksgiving day. :)

lvpets2002
11-26-2008, 11:03 AM
:love: Many Congrats on Andy being home.. He looks good.. Now you do have him on pain meds right?? Heal real fast wittle one.. Sending Prayers & Huggss..

kt_luvs_kitties
11-26-2008, 11:14 AM
Thanks guys.

Andy is doing well, and I let him out of his collar for a bit. He is so happy. He has me a bit worried though, he is still quite unstable. I guess I thought he would be more "normal" today:confused: Guess cause all my boys that get neutered are up and about the next day...

He is eating a little, but doesnt seem interested even in his favorite, fancy feast grilled salmon:rolleyes:

He is on pain meds, but I did not give him any yet today, because it makes me nervous. He is still so wobbly that the thought of drugging him up more seems crazy... Think I should give it to him, or wait until later?

Cindy, Mine has def. been used before. It smells of tuna (another meowmie must have been bribing her kit to eat too!) lol
And I thought Andy looked like that too! It was adorable;)

And Dimeyri, I bet you get all the ladies! Andy is jealous, if he had lost a leg, meowmie would follow him around on hands and knees pouting with him! He would like that WAY too much:p
Although, I have been completely devoted to him since this happened. He gets fed atleast 10+ times a day, with me begging him to try it.He gets his face wiped with baby wipes, and He gets ALL of the cuddles, and my other pets are feeling neglected. I am taking the pups Friday after Andy gets dropped off at the vet for special time at the doggie park;)

They had turkey on sale for .59 cents a pound, so I bought a 9 dollar turkey, just for the cats and pups. I am trying to make it up to them:D

Thanks so much everyone for the thoughts and prayers!

Anyways, thoughts on pain meds now? OR should I wait until late afternoon?

krazyaboutkatz
11-26-2008, 11:36 AM
He sure looks good.:) I'd call your vet and ask them if he should still be wobbily and you can also ask them about giving him his pain meds. I hope he'll start walking normally soon and that he'll be able to keep his e-collar on. I also hope that everything goes well on Friday.:)

Taz_Zoee
11-26-2008, 11:47 AM
He sure looks good.:) I'd call your vet and ask them if he should still be wobbily and you can also ask them about giving him his pain meds. I hope he'll start walking normally soon and that he'll be able to keep his e-collar on. I also hope that everything goes well on Friday.:)

That's what I was going to suggest too. Give your vet a call and see what they think. Him still being wobbly may be something to be concerned about and I would definitely want them to know about it.

Oh, when Taz had his collar on he went to climb on me while I was laying on the bed. Except he stepped on the collar and had to just stop right where he was. For some reason it made me so sad, I cried!!!

RICHARD
11-26-2008, 12:13 PM
http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b8cf04b3127ccec5e6ba1eafd300000040O00AbM2LZi3bt2 IPbz4K/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

Hey, the TV reception really improves when you put one of those antennas on the cat!:eek:

Feel better Andy Dude!

carole
11-26-2008, 12:38 PM
Aww i am so sorry Andy has to have this operation, but i am sure he will be fine, don't apologize for caring, i know exactly how you feel, i am just the same,take care and i hope all goes well. HUGS

Oops sorry i did not read the previous posts, great it went well, and he looks so cute in his blue collar, those are great,nice soft ones, they only give us these hard plastic ones here, which look most uncomfortable, here's to lots of healing and pain free days ahead.,and meowmie you can relax now.

Purr-tender
11-26-2008, 01:40 PM
What a relief when I read that Andy didn't have to have his whole ear removed!! He looks mighty handsome in his pretty blue collar. Like the others, I would call your vet and let them know that he is still wobbly. You were right in not wanting to give him his pain meds while he is like that.

There's gonna be some really sleepy cats at your house tomorrow!! Those babies will "gobble";) that turkey down!!

Happy Turkey Day,
Mary and the "kids"

Nomilynn
11-26-2008, 02:03 PM
What a great update!! :D

GILL
11-26-2008, 02:28 PM
Great news

phesina
11-26-2008, 02:35 PM
Wonderful news! Welcome home, Andy!

orangemm
11-26-2008, 03:08 PM
Leave it to Richard to keep us laughing!:D Guess Andy ordered his $40 coupon for the digital converter!

Keep on, Andy!!! We're still praying for you!!

Barbara
11-28-2008, 04:17 PM
Can you please tell me how Andy is- I am thinking of him!

Reachoutrescue
11-28-2008, 05:05 PM
I was wondering how Andy was doing and then saw this thread. He sure looks great after the surgery. I hope all goes well with the removal of the bandage today. He sure is a trooper....and Katie...you are an angel for taking such good care of him!! (((HUGS))) to you and smoochies to him!