PDA

View Full Version : LOves to chew

pebbles_girl
09-11-2002, 12:25 PM
Is it ok if my dog chews on plastic she loves it !:confused:

P.S does any one elses dog do this??:confused:

Dixieland Dancer
09-11-2002, 12:30 PM
I use to give my puppies empty plastic soda bottles to chase and chew. I just threw them away once the bottle became chewed up to where the dog my hurt itself. Getting their teeth through and then pulling them out of the hard plastic was good when they were teething!!

Be careful to monitor this though. When the pieces come off in little chunks and the dog digests it, you can have problems. Never let the dog do it unsupervised.

Cookiebaker
09-11-2002, 01:23 PM
I have heard that bottles like Sunny Delight Bottles are better than soda bottles, because the plastic is less likely to break and thus get ingested. And also, I heard that you have to be really careful of the little plastic rings from the seal (you know, the little ring that is left behind after you open the bottle?) , that they can come off and if swallowed and really wreak havoc. Just my $.02. :rolleyes:

lv4dogs
09-11-2002, 01:30 PM
Nanook loves to chew on flattened plastic milk jugs!!! He also loves soda bottles but not the plastic, just the cap. He chews the caps off so well that you can screw them back on!!
Only supervised is right.

G-Diddy
09-11-2002, 02:20 PM
I used to occasionally give my dog a plastic soda bottle and she loved them. However, she then began to regularly raid our recyclable pile so I had to put an end to the use of that toy.

manda99
09-11-2002, 02:37 PM
plastic bottles = instant toys
they are key in my house :)

lovemymaltese
09-11-2002, 02:38 PM
I would be careful to make sure that she doesn't swallow any, but as long as you watch her, I would let her. Sounds like she has fun! :)

primabella
09-11-2002, 02:49 PM
my "old" friend used to give her dog gatorade bottles to play and chew on. a good idea: always take of the paper(label) before giving it to the dog. i don't believe she did that...:rolleyes:

lv4dogs
09-11-2002, 03:16 PM
Speaking of "recycled" toys, out of all the toys at my house (there are a LOT) my dogs favorites are, plastic soda bottles and squished milk jugs. paper tubes (towels, toilet paper, wrapping paper) and egg cartons! They will pick those toys over anyother ones!

turner
09-11-2002, 07:36 PM
Deisel loves plastic bottles!!! He's a real chewer!!! And anything that is wood....

Phoebe doesn't like either, she rather play with a stuffed animal (pet approved)!