PDA

View Full Version : Investigative minds, read here......

Cataholic
10-02-2008, 10:19 AM
Okay, 8 years ago I moved into my house. In those 8 years, I have never had a cat interested in drinking from the tub. None of them. Fast forward to August, I had a new tub (had a whole new bath, matter of fact!) installed.

I now have VERY insistant tub drinkers...Monte, Gus'sers and Ari, alike. I am raced into the bathroom everytime...I can pull back the curtain often and find someone....

Why, why, WHY? :D

Barbara
10-02-2008, 10:25 AM
Hmmmmm- something must have been seriously wrong with your old bathtub ;)
Funny enough I got a new bathroom as well. But the kitties prefer the tub in the second, not newly installed bathroom - just as it was before.
Now I am sure this is telling us some deep truth- if I only knew which one:D:p

Cataholic
10-02-2008, 10:28 AM
Oh, Barbara~ how funny! There WAS something wrong with my old tub...it was old, stained, scratched, etc. These cats are so weird sometimes.

BTW, Lillycat and I were talking about you a few weeks ago (all good, of course). I had given her some of that vitamin stuff you either sent or brought over, I had found an unopened tube in the cupboard! My cats love it, and some of hers do to.

Husky_mom
10-02-2008, 11:07 AM
maybe teh old one had that crusty thing that froms from water and tasted yucky... and now itīs like woo hoo a new water fountain... donīt know for sure... but I bet itīs funny to find them in there.. hehe

jazzcat
10-02-2008, 11:35 AM
Didn't you know that was just a brand new giant bowl for them?

My guys don't drink from the tub but Moxie and Decker love to play in the guest tub. It sounds like a bowling alley when they get in there.

lvpets2002
10-02-2008, 11:37 AM
:) Dont know why they decided on the New v/s the Old one.. Now my babies have always loved the bath tub.. Sometimes its a struggle for me to get to use due to kitties are there non stop..

Cataholic
10-02-2008, 11:41 AM
I need to photograph the 10-12 inches of puncture marks on the vinyl shower liner made by Gus'sers...now, if that isn't something to laugh at. :rolleyes:

Cinder & Smoke
10-02-2008, 12:21 PM
I had a new tub (had a whole new bath, matter of fact!) installed.

I now have VERY insistent tub drinkers ...

Why, why, WHY? :D

'Cause it's *FRESH*!

Boots, da GOOFIE KAT (RB :( ) ~ was a Drip Kat from day one!

He tried to time his leap into the tub to be long enough after a shower to
be certain the tub floor way DRY (wet paws were NOT :cool: with Boots);
but before the final DRIPS had dropped from the tub faucet. :rolleyes:

And ... he could make a terrible *RACKET* with his raspy tongue *lapping*
across the end of the faucet ... :mad: More than once I climbed out of a
warm, dog-heated bed to chase him out of the tub and close the sliding door.
THEN I got to listen to him trying to pry the sliding door open!

And he had a FRESH cuppa wadder right there on the vanity! :eek:

**MISS Ya**, Boots!! ;)
/s/ Phred

Edwina's Secretary
10-02-2008, 12:27 PM
Eddie is a shower guy. He does not like a bathtub...only shower stall. Same in the house we had in Chicago.

He says bathtubs are girlie....:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Maya & Inka's mommy
10-02-2008, 01:12 PM
But meowmie, didn't they tell you this is a giant cat-water-bowl???

GILL
10-02-2008, 04:08 PM
That's why I put a door in NO PUCTURE MARKS. Most of ours like the tub. It's agreat place to play and maybe get a drink. We do have to be careful as we have a couple that would just as soon shower with you as get out. We also have to watch the top of the bathtub door, you might get a pat on the head once in awhile.

catmandu
10-02-2008, 05:33 PM
OR A CAT DRINKING THROUGH, A SMALLER VERSION OF THE HORSE THROUGH THAT WAS SO COMMON IN THE OLD WEST.
ALL YOU NEED NOW ARE TINY HITCHING POSTS.:love::cool::D