PDA

View Full Version : Cat Whiskers

Uabassoon
09-10-2002, 12:57 PM
Do cat whiskers grow back? Yesterday I noticed that Tibbys whiskers look like they had been cut off or something. It's only on her left side, but does anyone know if they will grow back?

Vermontcat
09-10-2002, 01:28 PM
I do know that cats shed their whiskers since I have found them once in a while along with the usual shedded cat hair. Also isn't your Tibby just a kitten so I'm pretty sure that at that age they should grow in more as she grows. It may take some time but I'm pretty sure they will grow back in.

toughCookie
09-10-2002, 07:26 PM
I have found them on blankets, and was worried, called the vet, it's normal, and they do grow back.

Songlover
09-10-2002, 08:38 PM
Whiskers come and go all the time!! You will find them all over the place as long as you own cats!!!! So just relax and pick them up in much the same way that we pick up fallen hair.

regards from Deborah in Montreal

krazyaboutkatz
09-10-2002, 11:52 PM
Yes, they will grow back but they might be a different color. Sunny has white whiskers but he has a couple of black ones too. :)

neko1
09-11-2002, 02:28 PM
Yes they do grow back. Sometimes when cats come into the office with abscesses on their faces, we need to shave the side of the face including the whiskers. And the whiskers do grow back.
My cats shed them all the time. I have a collection of all their whiskers.