PDA

View Full Version : Luna and Lily suffering from the heat!

Kirsten
07-29-2008, 12:37 PM
Look at my poor girls! We have a heatwave for a couple of days now, and my apartment is hot as hell. Luna and Lily are spending most of their time sleeping, and they look really miserable.

I found Luna lethargic on the floor earlier today, but stroking her with a wet washcloth seemed to make her feel better.

Here are my girls - and no comments on their bellies, please! ;)

http://www.catmom.de/pix/girls6.jpg

http://www.catmom.de/pix/girls7.jpg

BTW, do you see the cushion Lily is sleeping on? Found out today that Luna has peed right next to it on the carpet, and now Lily's little bed smells like a litter box! :eek: Luckily I found a good enzyme spray that removes the smell!

Kirsten

Taz_Zoee
07-29-2008, 12:40 PM
I'm going to comment on their bellies anyway. I :love: them!!! :D
Those are my most favorite.....big fluffy tabby bellies. :)
When I lived in a hot(er) area Taz would sleep in the bathroom sink. Partly because it's cool and the swamp cooler blew right in that spot.

Pet Luna and Lily's bellies for me please!! :D :D

lvpets2002
07-29-2008, 12:55 PM
:love: Now why would you think we would comment on those girls Adorable Bigg Bellies..:D They are just two wittle Cutie Pies.. I hope the heat breaks soon.. I know we have broke the record here in Texas for multi days of over 100% heat.. I am running my A/C none stop for my furr purr clann..

Randi
07-29-2008, 01:10 PM
Kirsten, it's unbearable here too - 29C in my flat, and it's after 8 PM! Heatwave or not, Luna and Lily look adorable, and Fister and I certainly understand they don't want to move an inch!

I put a wet washing cloth around Fister's neck a few times today, and I have a wet towel laying on the floor, so he can sit on that now and again. :cool:

Let's hope this is over soon!!

Kirsten
07-29-2008, 01:53 PM
@Taz_Zoee: The belly rubs will soon be delivered! :)

@lvpets2002, oh, I would also have the ac running for them, but in Germany, the houses usually have none...

@Randi: Same here, 29°C yesterday in the evening, absolutely unberable! I'm sure the wet towel is a huge relief for Fister!

Kirsten

cassiesmom
07-29-2008, 02:19 PM
Lily and Luna, I hope the weather will cool off very soon. I like the idea of a cool cloth.

Maya & Inka's mommy
07-29-2008, 03:26 PM
Same problem.....! I put ice cubes in the waterbowl all the time. They LOVE that!

pitc9
07-29-2008, 03:43 PM
The girls sure look like they're doing the right thing to stay cool!

If all else fails... SLEEP!:p

Donnaj4962
07-29-2008, 04:06 PM
Such adorable girls! Sorry you are all suffering with a heat wave. They are unbearable, and and me and my girls are fortunate to have ac. But they LOVE the wondows open and a cool breeze. They will sit in the windows for hours!

Hope everything cools off soon, but in the meantime, please deliver some belly rubs to those sweet girls!

catmandu
07-29-2008, 04:14 PM
I FIND THAT WHEN IT GETS REALLY HOT, THEY HEAD FOR THE PORCH, OR SOMETIMES THE BASEMENT AS THATS ABOUT 20 DEGREES COOLER THAN THE HOUSE.
ONCE I PATCH UP THE POUNCER ROCCALNO ESCAPRE ROUTE AND IF ITS OVER 100, I WILL SLEEP DOWNSTAIRS AND I BET THE FOUND ACTS JOIN ME.
CAN YOU PUT AN AIR CONDITIONER IN THE WINDOW KIRSTENOR AT LEAST HAVE FANS GOING TO COOL LILY AND LUNA OFF?:cool::cool::cool::cool:

catmandu
07-29-2008, 05:00 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/Picture1102.jpg
EVEN A LITTLE FAN WILL HELP KIRSTEN, THIS ONES COOL IN THE SUMMER AND WARM IN THE WINTER AND A BARGAIN AT 10 DOLLARS!!!!
WE FOUND CATS ALL LOVE THE BREEZE:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

momcat
07-29-2008, 08:31 PM
Hi Kirsten, I can't tell you how great it is to see you and your lovely kitty girls again! This has been a horrible summer here too, the fourth heat wave of the season is moving in according to local news reports. During the day, Soncat and I are both at work. To help Groucho beat the heat, Soncat keeps his window shades down and his fan on so Groucho can relax and stay reasonably cool. Not everyone can do this but Soncat comes home on his lunch hour to check on our little guy and give him fresh, cool water. In this weather we change his water frequently and just let him find a spot he finds comfortable.
As for the two gorgeous tummys, could I ask you to give each of them some rubs from me? When the heat breaks, of course.....

Kirsten
07-30-2008, 11:59 AM
Thanks, also for your advices how to keep the kitties cool!

It has cooled off a bit today, not much but I was able to get some fresh air in here, and the girls were more active today, but the next heatwave with even higher temperatures is just around the corner *yuck*

Gary, it's so cute how the Found Cats enjoy the fan! :) I also have a fan running, but I cannot affort ac...

Kirsten

catmandu
07-30-2008, 03:32 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/new%20photos/cats101234.jpg
AND HERES THIER UNCLE JOSEPH TELLING HIS CHARGES TO STAY COOOOL:cool::cool::cool::cool: LIKE HIM.
JOSEPH IS AS COOL AS PAUL NEWMAN IN COOL HAND LUKE AND THATS COOOL:cool::cool::cool:

Kirsten
07-30-2008, 03:51 PM
So cute how they seem to listen to him! :)

Kirsten