PDA

View Full Version : New car!

catnapper
06-18-2008, 08:33 PM
We got a new car last night. :love: I'm completely in love with it. Its white and oh so CLEAN.

We actually decided on the Hyundai Elantra and got a fantastic deal. Last week, they had EXACTLY the car hubby wanted but sold it Monday (of course we couldn't get it til tuesday) and they one they had left is exactly what I wanted.... so he insisted the new car be mine. Who am I to argue when I'm the one making the payments ;)

I meant to take photos of my new baby but its been a crazy day at work and home. Funny story: I came home and hubby stopped off along the way following in my old car (his new car) and Cameron saw me pull up. He was VERY confused as to why grandma was not in her car. He walked up to the car asking where mine was. I explained its grandma's new car and when hubby came home a few minutes later, he excitedly told grandpa to look at what grandma got! :D

And for some reason, my son thought HE'D be getting the car we traded in. :rolleyes: Here's the conversation he had with the Hyundai guy:
Dealer Dude (DD): What kind of car do you drive?
Son: They won't let me drive.
DD: How old are you?
Son: 21
DD: (laughs) thats old enough to have a job and buy your own car!
Son: well I run and go to school. (his running is going for daily runs. He HAS qualified for the Boston Marathon so it is important to him, but it needs to come AFTER work not in lieu of work)
DD: :rolleyes:

Catty1
06-18-2008, 08:37 PM
Congrats! How cute about Cameron - I bet grandad had a huge smile listening to Cam tell him 'what granma got!' :D

It's also TOO cool that your son heard from a total stranger exactly what he needed to hear! I mean, mom and dad might say it a lot - but when ANOTHER person says it, then it is TRUE. Know what I mean? LOL

I hope your hubby is getting better...and that his stress has lessened or has been removed. {{{{hugs}}}}

CountryWolf07
06-18-2008, 08:38 PM
Awesome! :) Congrats on the brand new car! ;) Wish my car was brand new, but I'm not complaining - It runs great!! Have fun with it!