PDA

View Full Version : A doctor's appointment

davidpizzica
06-14-2008, 02:57 PM
Monday at 1:30 I have an appointment with Longue Vue's doctor. I'll get a physical and I'll see what's going on with my blasted knee. The two words I don't want to hear are "more surgery"!! Wish me luck.

MoonandBean
06-14-2008, 03:02 PM
Ahh, good luck! I hope you hear "physical therapy" :)

davidpizzica
06-14-2008, 03:10 PM
Ahh, good luck! I hope you hear "physical therapy" :)

Oh, so do I!! I've already gone through knee replacement once, but I think walking on it every day for eight hours may have put some wear and tear on it. I'm a groundskeeper on a golf course.

moosmom
06-14-2008, 03:25 PM
The only three words I can think of is "Live with it!!" I hope this doesn't mean more surgery. Please keep us posted honey.

Medusa
06-14-2008, 04:25 PM
Nope, don't wanna hear those words. We'll send up some prayers for ya......

Daisy and Delilah
06-14-2008, 07:10 PM
David, I'll keep you at the top of my list for thoughts and prayers. Oh my gosh. You don't ever want to have another surgery. On the 24th, I go for surgery #5 on this knee. I'm still in shock. Please keep us posted. I can't wait to hear the news from you. Best wishes all the way, David!!

Donna, you're so right. I have a torn ligament and a loose prosthesis again. My new motto after this will be "Live With It"!!! I just wish I had a choice this time:( Will I ever find the right doctor??

moosmom
06-14-2008, 08:07 PM
D&D,

I don't know what it is, but lately my knees hurt (I'm on my feet all the time at work), the hearing in my right ear is worse than before, I've got Vertigo, arthritis in my neck, back, knees (all from working as a paramedic for 20 years) and my eyesight gets worse every year. They say life begins at 40. Bull puckies!!

Daisy and Delilah
06-14-2008, 10:32 PM
D&D,

I don't know what it is, but lately my knees hurt (I'm on my feet all the time at work), the hearing in my right ear is worse than before, I've got Vertigo, arthritis in my neck, back, knees (all from working as a paramedic for 20 years) and my eyesight gets worse every year. They say life begins at 40. Bull puckies!!

I know what you mean, Donna. I'm still waiting for that great life everyone talks about.:confused:

shais_mom
06-14-2008, 10:43 PM
I've been wondering when we were going to hear an update.
Goodluck....

Karen
06-14-2008, 11:18 PM
I know what you mean, Donna. I'm still waiting for that great life everyone talks about.:confused:

I think that actually, the best part of life is wherever you are right now, looking around and appreciating the good parts!

I was running errands today, and saw a woman walking into the supermarket. Both her legs were prosthetics from the knees down, and she was walking with no cane or brace or crutches or anything, and without even a limp. How cool is that, huh?

I grew up with a girl who had artificial legs exactly in the same way - knees down, and she had a lot of trouble with them. She tended to wear pants, so people wouldn't see the prosthetics, but she always had a distinctly different gait. It seems technology has drastically improved by now.

David, you'll be in our prayers!

davidpizzica
06-15-2008, 12:55 AM
D&D,

Donna, with our various ailments we can make up a medical text book! IMO, it beats being in a box six feet under the ground pushing up daisies! Besides, you met me when you were after forty so it's not TOO bad!