PDA

View Full Version : Precious Amee

Romy
05-25-2008, 12:19 AM
Sweetheart:love: - thank goodness those children told your new mummy about your dreadful treatment and you were rescued and now live in a haven of happiness. :love::love:

You are so beautiful and it is heartwarming to hear that you bring your 6 toy mice to your mummy in the night. That is the act of a loving and much-loved cat! We are extremely honoured that you are our wonderful Cat of the Day! :love:

Medusa
05-25-2008, 07:00 AM
Amee, how beautiful and regal you are! And a lucky girl, too, to have found such a wonderful home. No more terrorizing from cruel children, just lots o' love and a warm home. From a bad, scary start in life to COTD. Not bad, Amee girl. Enjoy it cuz you definitely deserve it! :)

tulsa7035
05-25-2008, 07:24 AM
:cool: What a wonderful story of a rescued cat! I know how it can pull at your heart strings. Before selling my house I was feeding 10 cats in my neighborhood. Fortunately, someone else took over after I moved. Bless you for your kindness and caring. ~ Janice

mamaducky
05-25-2008, 07:33 AM
Adorable Amee, what a beautiful girl you are! And you and your mom were very lucky to find one another. It sounds as though you are thriving in your forever home -- and I'm SO glad those blood tests turned out well!

It hurts my heart to hear what those kids were doing to this sweet little cat; I teach elementary school, and would rather not think that children are capable of such cruelty to other living things (though I certainly know otherwise). :( Almost without exception, I find that those kids have been raised with adults who also condone, or at least tolerate, that kind of behavior toward animals (and people as well).

However, for every child who is thoughtless or unkind, there are ten of them who are loving and caring -- such as the neighborhood kids that let you, Ami, know about what was happening! Thanks for being an example to those kids of a person who opens heart and home to less fortunate creatures. At that moment, you were their "teacher" and helped reinforce a valuable lesson about compassion.

Congratulations to you all for lovely Amee's Cat of the Day honors! Break out the champagne and toy mice! :)

kb2yjx
05-25-2008, 09:27 AM
Although I am so happy that the children had the good sense to alert an adult to your plight, I sadly shake my head and my heart is saddened by the callous way you were treated by the other children!!! We have to pray for them, for they are in such great need of guidance!!! However, there is such a happy ending to your story!!! You are such a beauty and live in a loving FOREVER home!!! HAPPY COTD!!!!!!!!!!

MoonandBean
05-25-2008, 09:30 AM
Happy COTD to you precious Amee and a big THANKS to your Mom Ami for saving you from your bad treatment. Every night I pray that animals who are being abused are saved and it makes me so grateful when I hear of one who was (even seven years ago...HOORAY!). Thank God for people like you and I hope those children who came to you for help have grown into animal lovers/crusadors. I will pray that the ones who were hurting Amee are not sociopaths today and were just "being kids" (I threw a cat once as a child and I certainly LOVE animals today :)).

catlover11
05-25-2008, 02:16 PM
I am so happy that Amee was rescued from the hands of yet another human treating her inhumanely. I agree with a previous post that it is usually the fault of the parents that a child would deem these actions, animal abuse, acceptable. Or the child is acting out from neglect. THIS is why I was happy to hear this past week that some schools will start teaching children that animals, all animals, have feelings and can feel pain. I urge all of you who care about animals to teach any children you come into contact with the same valuable information - whether it be a neighborhood child, a niece or nephew, whoever, wherever. I know that many parents are feeling overwhelmed with the tasks at hand (making a living, keeping a roof over their heads, food on the table, gas in the car, etc.) but I'm sorry, this is no excuse to not teach your children respect for ALL living beings. Animal abuse has to stop. Animal activists are multiplying, finally, and punishment is increasing (finally!) and maybe someday, somehow, these heinous acts will be few. We can only hope and keep working to make it so. Our beautiful furry friends are counting on us and thanking us with their loving eyes, purrs, woofs and licks. We can't give up. The price is too high.

Bless you for adding Amee to your family and bless those children who were smart, caring and courageous enough to stand up and call your attention to this unacceptable behaviour.

catmandu
05-25-2008, 02:29 PM
THATS A LUCKY BREAK :cool:FOR YOU AMEE , THAT YOUR MEEOWMIE IS SO WELL KNOWN AS AN ANIMAL LOVER :love::love:AND THESE YOUNG ONES KNEW THAT YOU WOULD FIND SANCTUARY HERE FROM THR ONE WHO WAS HURTING YOU. :D
ANOTHER RESCUED ONE AS OUR CAT OF THE DAY:cool:, AND YOU ARE SO BEAUTIFUL TOO AMEE, AND YOU HAVE WON THE FURREVER CAT SWEEPSTAKES IN YOUR FURREVER HOME.
THE LUCKY FOUND CATS ALL SEND A LUCKY CAT MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW TO AWESOME AIMEE OUR LUCKIEST AND NEWEST CAT OF THE DAY.:love::cool::love::cool:

Frostfrog
05-25-2008, 02:56 PM
I was touched to read your story, and glad to see that the once abused Amee has grown into so beautiful and such a well-cared for cat.

I am very glad that you rescued Amee, but I could not help but wonder...

...who is going to rescue the poor child who threw her over the fence?

The answer, I fear, is likely to be "no one." Thus, the mean child may well grow to be a mean adult, perhaps to inflict pain and suffering on many more victims, furry and mostly bare-skinned, in the future.

http://nocatsallowed.blogspot.com/

http://home.gci.net/~runningdog/

pomtzu
05-25-2008, 03:24 PM
What a beautiful kitty you are, and so fortunate to be rescued from the terrrible abuse you were receiving. Your Mom is quite a special lady - but I'm sure you already know that. I hope you get to enjoy MANY more years in her loving care. God bless you both!

momoffuzzyfaces
05-25-2008, 04:41 PM
Amee what a beauty you are!!! :love:

I am so glad your mom saved you!!! How frightened you must have been.:(
I'm so grateful that you have a wonderful loving home and family now.
I hope you are being spoiled rotten today, sweetheart!

Congratulations, sweetie, on being our special Cat of the Day!!!:D

tatsxxx11
05-25-2008, 04:45 PM
What an honor it is to meet you precious Amee, and congratulate you on your extra special, Sunday Cat of the Day honors!:love: It's so painful to imagine a gentle and innocent creature abused as you were; I'll never understand the "mind" of one who would abuse an innocent, helpless creature! We all give heartfelt thanks to those young heroes, your guardian angles, who intervened on your behalf, and to your caring and compassionate humans, for dedicating their lives to making yours as carefree and love filled as can be!:) A kitty couldn't wish for a more loving forever family than yours, and a family couldn't wish for a finer feline friend than you!:) And yes, you do look like a "miniature Lassie!":) To you and your family, your humans and furry sibs, and your stuffie pals, I wish for you a very happy day of celebration and many more happy years of shared love and companionship! Hugs and kisses to you, brave, beautiful Amee:love: